Stasy

Amazon Prime Day

Just a heads up... A few Armada and X Wing items are randomly going on sale throughout the day. May be worth looking at if you're in the market for a few things... or don't have a LGS.

Edited by Stasy

4 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Three is NOT better. Trust me from a AF player with 3. Two is the number of the counting. 

I think @Aresius would beg to disagree. . . 

Why do you think 3 is too many? I only have 2, and they're fun to fly. I can imagine lists with 3, and on occasion am tempted to get a 3rd to manifest them. Why would you advise against it?

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I had a third, but sold it.  

#Regrets

I've not found what I enjoy putting in its place, yet..  Maybe a Double of Hammerheads will work...  ::shrug::

I've told most prospective players that you only need one or two max of anything.  Upgrade cards eventually see promotional versions if you really need a 3rd or 4th.  You only field 3-5 ships on the table usually and how often are people really wanting to play with 3 of anything outside of the flotillas?

Also, the Prime Day sales are terrible.  It's not much cheaper than if I go to my hobby store, flash my military ID and get my discount.

Edited by ricefrisbeetreats

Just now, ricefrisbeetreats said:

I've told most prospective players that you only need one or two max of anything.  Upgrade cards eventually see promotional versions if you really need a 3rd or 4th.  You only field 3-5 ships on the table usually and how often are people really wanting to play with 3 of anything outside of the flotillas?

95% of the time, i'd totally agree with you.

I've not taken any Imperial ship beyond 2.  A couple beyond 1.

But Neb-Bs, Corvettes and Assault Frigates, I've all run 3 of, and enjoyed...  

It was more, I didn't feel like I was getting much out of the 3rd, sold it, and am now having those regrets, because I think its just what I need now with some of the new tools to really experiment and enjoy.

It just suits the playstyle I'm moving into, is all...  

'tis a Rarity, and just commenting my personal feeling...  That I am #Regretting getting rid of my 3rd moving forward.

Especially since preliminary estimates puts the "4-5" ships moving to "3-4" ships as the mean in my meta (Hothgary).

I managed to get a 2nd VSD (mostly for flight controllers or trades) for 70% off MSRP and after all discounts (20% sale, 20% additional for using app, 10% for already being a prime member) I scored my second Raider for $4. With all the savings I bought my first Interdictor which was at 20% off - not anything special, same price you'd get at a 3rd party but hey free 2-day shipping.

And then today the MC80 for $25...I wasn't going to do it, but I figure I could trade it like the VSD if I needed to. I host a lot of Armada games and my friends don't have sets of their own so I'm usually loaning my fleet and evverrryyyyonnneee in my circle wants to play Rebels. 

If Gonzatis and the Kittens go on sale, I might grab the too.