Hawktel

What should be next?

3 hours ago, Maktorius said:

I had forgotten about that! Sorry. Though our reference sheets includes Death knights, crossbowmen, the new heroed and all units abilities :P

I was making a SS of that as released, I should probably get back to that.

I too suspect (or at least hope) a dial reference will be legal as it is technically open information.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, Tvayumat said:

Guys, I know a few other people have made remarks to this effect but, can we get real for a second, here?

We have two factions right now. By the end of the year we will have the bones of four factions.

Over the next year or few years, those factions will be fleshed out and we *may* see some kind of faction neutral merc units.

Playtesting that much content and maintaining anything like balance is a full time job. Adding a fifth faction well after the fact isn't realistic or sensible. 

games workshop started very small and it was only fantasy at first it took many years to see the factions we have now... of course they are overpriced *ahem* so if we want a ton of factions first be patient and get the word out on this game! Its could be as successful as x wing... which only has three factions last I checked.

lets also keep in mind the lore of the game so what makes sense in who is in the world. don't expect to see anything that doesn't make continuity stay pure. also lets have packs of trays for when you have more troops than trays to put them on!

Edited by Elvenwisdom

1 hour ago, Elvenwisdom said:

lets also keep in mind the lore of the game so what makes sense in who is in the world. don't expect to see anything that doesn't make continuity stay pure. also lets have packs of trays for when you have more troops than trays to put them on!

Every expansion pack comes with enough trays for the included figures, so I don't know how you can end up with more troops than trays.

5 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Every expansion pack comes with enough trays for the included figures, so I don't know how you can end up with more troops than trays.

The unfortunate part is that I'll likely never need more infantry trays.  Yet continue to get them. Lol

Just now, TallGiraffe said:

It is monday! Usually means article day. New Uthuk Hero? Those elvish rank and file melee infantry? Previews for Crossbowmen/Death Knights? Oh the possibilities!

I mean, wasn't the announcement of the xbows & DKs a preview as well? I'm hoping to see new uthuk hero

Just now, jek said:

I mean, wasn't the announcement of the xbows & DKs a preview as well? I'm hoping to see new uthuk hero

Well we can always use more information on the upgrade cards. Like that Daqan only Equipment for the Crossbows. But odds are Uthuk hero. Honestly not feeling the Uthuk as much as the other factions.

5 hours ago, Glucose98 said:

I'm still hoping for some FAQ and Organized Play rules, but most likely its the Uthuk hero today.

I'm starting to lose hope in seeing the OP rules before the GenCon tournament.

17 hours ago, Elvenwisdom said:

is there narrative play? like a story mode that would be cool.

there hasn't been anything announced as far as I know.  although I keep hoping that a year or two down the line we will see a new edition of the runewars board game that could be used as a campaign system.  kinda like the old mighty empires was for WHFB.  I would love to see it.

37 minutes ago, Klaxas said:

there hasn't been anything announced as far as I know.  although I keep hoping that a year or two down the line we will see a new edition of the runewars board game that could be used as a campaign system.  kinda like the old mighty empires was for WHFB.  I would love to see it.

18 hours ago, Elvenwisdom said:

is there narrative play? like a story mode that would be cool.

They have stated that there will be a campaign mode for the game, it just has not released yet.

8 minutes ago, jek said:

They have stated that there will be a campaign mode for the game, it just has not released yet.

well I'm still hoping it will be released as a new edition of the runewars board game.   I had so much fun with mighty empires back in the day I would love this.

On 7/26/2017 at 1:21 PM, Klaxas said:

That is exactly my hope as well! The current Unit set up for Daqan, Waiqar and Latari Is very close to the Board game. 

I'm dreaming about playing a normal Runewars Boardgame but fighting the battles using the  Miniatures Game rules. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:18 AM, Budgernaut said:

Turns out.. this is false. Ankaur Maro comes with an infantry figure and no tray for it, so now I'm stuck with all my figures being in trays except for one miniature. (I expect the same is for other heroes as well) 

Edited by Griautis