Sign in to follow this  
Jukey

Regen and lingering dead

So had a game today with large reanimate stacks with maro and lingering undead and the thought came up, if my back row gets emptied on a 3x3 and there are 3 natural runes can I drop one reanimate in each tray, since every tray is empty and they are all on the back row.

Seems a bit gimmicky and broken, but there seems to be nothing preventing such an action. What am I missing?

32 minutes ago, Jukey said:

So had a game today with large reanimate stacks with maro and lingering undead and the thought came up, if my back row gets emptied on a 3x3 and there are 3 natural runes can I drop one reanimate in each tray, since every tray is empty and they are all on the back row.

Seems a bit gimmicky and broken, but there seems to be nothing preventing such an action. What am I missing?

Nothing as far as I can tell.

It works. I suspect it might be FAQ'd to not work but can't be sure.

6 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

• Figures are slotted one at a time into the front-most tray 
with empty slots. Each figure must be slotted in a tray that 
contains one or more other figures if possible. 

Straight from the rulebook.

This would make sense. Since lingering dead overrides the removal of the tray, it is possible to slot a figure in a tray with no figures if all back trays are empty.

however, now one tray has a figure so I must keep adding to that tray.

thanks orcdruid!

1 hour ago, Bhelliom said:

How about this one: you've got a 3x2 with lingering dead and it suffers enough damage to lose the entire back rank. Later in the round, Ankaur Maro adds 4 trays to the unit. What happens at the end of the round?

Remove the empty trays, move each tray behind it forward?

2 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

How about this one: you've got a 3x2 with lingering dead and it suffers enough damage to lose the entire back rank. Later in the round, Ankaur Maro adds 4 trays to the unit. What happens at the end of the round?

This is the first scenario that I really want to see discussed in an faq...It came up in a battle report we had to scrap due to me being dumb but regardless I played it the way polda explains above however afterwards I felt that it may not be correct, in  my situation I would not have been able to place behind the row I was working on due to how close they were to the board edge. So going forward I honestly think that you would place the trays behind the empty trays and if you would be forced to put a fifth row in with one tray you just can't place that tray, once end phase rolls around everything shifts forward and yea...but that is just how I'm playing it...