Wussypillow

Hammerhead task force cards: What a crock

Check me on this: The Hammerhead pack will include only ONE copy each of the 2 *different* "Task Force" cards (one TF Organa, one TF Antilles).

That is to say, you will get only one copy each of a card you BY DEFINITION need 2 of to make work. 

Unless I've misunderstood things, I can only say that seems very, very stupid. If people are anything like me and want to field like 3 or 4 of these, all with Task Force Antilles on them, that's going to mean a pretty much permanent mismatch between the number of Hammerhead minis in circulation and the number of Task Force cards. 

That or I'll just print my own and tell any event judges, "No, shut up: I'm using homemade cards. Not my problem if Fantasy Flight screwed this up."

To reply to all of you: Star Wars Armada wiki says different:

http://starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/Hammerhead_Corvettes_Expansion_Pack

I see only 1 copy each of the 2 TF cards in the inventory.

(It *also* seems to say you get only 1 copy each of the ship cards (1 Torpedo Hammerhead, 1 Scout Hammerhead), which is also a gyp. I want ALL MATCHED Torpedo Hammerheads.)

Edited by Wussypillow

2 minutes ago, Wussypillow said:

To reply to all of you: Star Wars Armada wiki says different:

http://starwars-armada.wikia.com/wiki/Hammerhead_Corvettes_Expansion_Pack

I see only 1 copy each of the 2 TF cards in the inventory.

You do know the wiki is just fan updated, and not official FFG, right? There's two copies of the titles, one per ship, as it should be.

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

Well the wiki is wrong. And if you still don't believe us why don't you go buy the pack and open it up.

I didn't want to until I had better information about what is actually in there.

I mean here's what I need for the build I want:

-4 Hammerhead minis

-4 Torpedo Hammerhead ship cards

-4 External Racks cards

-4 Task Force Antilles cards

How many packs of Hammerhead would I need to get these cards? 

2 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

The wiki is not official, and is mistaken. I'd also point out any TO would be justified in insisting you field official cards, since that is in the rules, whether you purchase more or borrow them.

Sounds like a good reason to not get into SW Armada.

Just now, Wussypillow said:

I didn't want to until I had better information about what is actually in there.

-4 Hammerhead minis

-4 External Racks cards

Two packs, since as is listed in numerous places around this forum each pack comes with two copies of each ship card with the ships, as well as copies of ER and TFA for each ship as well.

Just now, Wussypillow said:

Sounds like a good reason to not get into SW Armada.

No, it's a reason to not have an attitude about it, since every Armada community I know is more than friendly enough to loan ships and cards around essentially freely for tournaments to players who aren't causing unnecessary friction.

1 minute ago, Wussypillow said:

-4 Hammerhead minis

-4 External Racks cards

Just two. Each package has 2 HH miniatures, 2 of each ship card (4 ship cards total), 2 external racks, and 2 of each type of Task Force card (2 TF Antilles and 2 TF Organa). By the way, I'm looking at all of that stuff right now from my single HH package. You're not getting taken!

2 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Two packs, since as is listed in numerous places around this forum each pack comes with two copies of each ship card with the ships, as well as copies of ER and TFA for each ship as well.

Wait, where else is it listed? I'd love to find a better information source; the product page maintained by FF doesn't seem to ever have such info.

1 minute ago, Wussypillow said:

Wait, where else is it listed? I'd love to find a better information source; the product page maintained by FF doesn't seem to ever have such info.

I'll take a look around and see if I can find it. Several of the more prolific posters have topics with the full contents of the packs posted. @geek19 you play Rebels, do you remember any of those threads?

13 minutes ago, Wussypillow said:

Check me on this: The Hammerhead pack will include only ONE copy each of the 2 *different* "Task Force" cards (one TF Organa, one TF Antilles).

That is to say, you will get only one copy each of a card you BY DEFINITION need 2 of to make work. 

Unless I've misunderstood things, I can only say that seems very, very stupid. If people are anything like me and want to field like 3 or 4 of these, all with Task Force Antilles on them, that's going to mean a pretty much permanent mismatch between the number of Hammerhead minis in circulation and the number of Task Force cards. 

That or I'll just print my own and tell any event judges, "No, shut up: I'm using homemade cards. Not my problem if Fantasy Flight screwed this up."

There are two copies of each card that isn't unique.

Maybe you should check the product pager next time?