Bober00

Tie/Int painting inspiration

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

My figthers will be at home this week and I'm thinking about painting them, making them indyvidual like they will be best pilots in Imperial Navy.

And I'm looking for inspiration to paint them. Is there any other squadron like 181st that painted their fighters? Don't wanna make red strips or copy others, but make it in canon way, mixing something that is in SW Universe already

My favorite ship ever; there is lots of options, but the SW cannon will not be a deep well at all. Go out on your own and dream something up; have fun!

Bober00 likes this

I paint my aces on metalish black (I mean black and metal drybrush), with red strips and red crystals. I was looking for something to make them different, but not too much colorful due to SW aesthetics. 

Bober00 likes this

Perhaps choose a variation on gray, a darker gray or a gray-brown color for the ship and then paint a color that stands out on a wing brace, or the arm connecting the wing to the center pod, or side of the pod like the FO SF ties.

Bober00 likes this

Posted (edited)

White, Off- or Bone-White also make for awesome base colors. Basically an inverted color sheme. The panles/wings of almost all TIEs present rather large surfaces for artwork/deco from simple geometrical designs to rather complex ones. White TIEs look great and also carry the SW feel.

Edited by SOLAR FLARE
Bober00 likes this

Thanks guys for your advices, I'm thinking most of making them deep black with some colors on few elements, but white can be pretty too ;)

SOLAR FLARE likes this

I'm sure there are some squadron marking refrences out there. That's always a nice way of making ships stand out without losing too much uniformity. Does the Black Eight Sqadron have anything special?