Tam Palso

SPOILER - watch commander (art of war cast)

Getting someone with this attached into multiple battles is too going to help dishonor a lot. Niten Master comes to mind as he has good stats to at least force your opponent's to play cards if they want to win and then punish them for doing so.

This is quite interesting. Unlike Guest of Honor(which sucks) this card works against everything. 3 influence is a lot, but it makes winning thru dishonor look like a real possibility. I wonder if players will burn a Let Go to get rid of this.

4 minutes ago, kiramode said:

This is quite interesting. Unlike Guest of Honor(which sucks) this card works against everything. 3 influence is a lot, but it makes winning thru dishonor look like a real possibility. I wonder if players will burn a Let Go to get rid of this.

Or sac a Miya Mystic, if the destroy wording is what we end up with.

At the very least I think this will encourage players to use the action phase window to play cards,in order to minimize in-conflict honor loss

Edited by Ishi Tonu

1 minute ago, Kakita Katai said:

I don't see how we can't use a Let Go on it. Unlimited uses seems a bit overpowered.

Usually there's bigger fish to fry. But it's possible that the presence of this card will make players snap kill it. Not sure that will be an optimal choice most of the time. I usually try to bait out Let Go before dropping the cards I actually want to use. This could be perfect for that.

17 minutes ago, kiramode said:

Usually there's bigger fish to fry. But it's possible that the presence of this card will make players snap kill it. Not sure that will be an optimal choice most of the time. I usually try to bait out Let Go before dropping the cards I actually want to use. This could be perfect for that.

Good point.  You may have no choice but to snap kill it after getting hit with a low honor bid, no matter if someone is baiting you with it or not.  

53 minutes ago, Tam Palso said:

DEPrch0VoAA9xPX.png:large

Love this card. Love the direction that FFG is going with Clan Crab. Not much else to say.

Well done!

41 minutes ago, kiramode said:

... 3 influence is a lot, but it makes winning thru dishonor look like a real possibility. I wonder if players will burn a Let Go to get rid of this.

Sorry, but what do you mean by "3 influence".... ?

EDIT: Influence cost.... my apologies. 

Edited by LordBlunt

10 minutes ago, LordBlunt said:

Sorry, but what do you mean by "3 influence".... ?

All Conflict cards, except for the "Way of the X" cards and Neutrals, have an "Influence Value" which is indicated by the number of Bamboo pips on the bottom right of the card.

Edited by Danwarr

I like that Crab is getting some dishonor tricks, and Jade Tetsubo works to remove fate too.  They are basically the "combat scorpion" in a way.  An honorless mirror of the Lion.  This is a great way to illustrate in game that the difference between them and other clans is simply that other clans try to look good, while everyone gets dirty in war.  This levels that playing field, as the Crab are at least honest about it.

I like it ^_^

Edited by shosuko

25 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

I was having a hard time with the thematic nature of this card, but I guess that the Watch Commander is saying to his subordinate "Did you just see what that @$$#@!= just did? !? Quick,  go tell everybody about it!"

Our ENEMY are HINDERING the CRAB Clan in the ancestral DUTY of PROTECTING the EMPIRE.

HOW DARE THEY!

5 hours ago, kiramode said:

Could you elaborate as to why you think Guest of Honour is bad? To me, GoH is built for control decks, and it has a 1:1 POL to Fate ratio, which helps that side of Crane conflicts as much as Asahina Storyteller does... Unless you think the Storyteller also sucks?