Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rettere

Does Admiral Leia Trigger Nav Team?

Recommended Posts

yes, she gives you the ability to use nav teams.  Be very similar to having a nav token when you have a navigation dial with nav team.

If you have nav teams on your ship when you use the command dial, you could use the token to get an extra yaw or speed.  

So you could change speed by 2 and yaw or change speed by one and yaw by 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"as if you spent a token"

You are treated as if you have spent a token.  Ergo, as far as the rules are concerned, you have spent a token.  Its a Yes or No logic gate.  Was token spent?  Leia says I answer it as if I had, so I say "YES" to that.

 

The rules then proceed with "TOKEN SPENT = YES" effectively.

 

Otherwise, we get back to the argument that you are treated as obstructed of Admiral Montferrat helping you against Jaina's light, which cannot be obstructed, because you're not obstructed, you're only treated as if you are obstructed, and its not the same thing!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather, its a case of indifference.

 

I am constantly on the crusade of the fact that, what is important is rules, is what is being written.

 

This is another case of it.

 

Ignore the facade of what is being plastered up, that's irrelevant and changeable at my whim.  What is important is what is being written.

 

"Read it.  Understand it. The rest is just window dressing."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Otherwise, we get back to the argument that you are treated as obstructed of Admiral Montferrat helping you against Jaina's light, which cannot be obstructed, because you're not obstructed, you're only treated as if you are obstructed, and its not the same thing!.

Wait wtf does this mean? I'm good to go on Admiral Leia, but I can't parse this sentence. Are you saying that Jaina's Light will roll one less dice against Montferrat, or are you saying Jaina's light rolls its full pool against Montferrat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rettere said:

Wait wtf does this mean? I'm good to go on Admiral Leia, but I can't parse this sentence. Are you saying that Jaina's Light will roll one less dice against Montferrat, or are you saying Jaina's light rolls its full pool against Montferrat?

Dras is just pointing out that a negative answer to your original question would also affect (or even break) the interaction between Montferrat and Jaina's Light.

Jaina's Light rolls its full pool against Montferrat. Admiral Leia triggers Nav Teams.

(If Admiral Leia did not trigger Nav Teams, Jaina's Light would roll one less die against Montferrat).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 9:02 AM, Drasnighta said:

Rather, its a case of indifference.

 

I am constantly on the crusade of the fact that, what is important is rules, is what is being written.

 

This is another case of it.

 

Ignore the facade of what is being plastered up, that's irrelevant and changeable at my whim.  What is important is what is being written.

 

"Read it.  Understand it. The rest is just window dressing."

 

 

Nah, credibility matters. If you made a new profile and started answering peoples questions, they would still ask for the Dras profile. How do I know? Because of the Raddus Bomb. I had said HSA would prevent if from working and then we discussed it in the rule thread. But then Snip asked for your opinion on the matter in the Raddus thread and it became your ruling vs DAs ruling. 

Despite our discussion on it, people will still want Dras's golden approval. Anyone can say what you say, but that fact that you are saying it is what really matters. You and I know the content is important regardless of who says it, which is why I'm indifferent to the whole situation. Consistent ruling is more important than ego stroking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Nah, credibility matters. If you made a new profile and started answering peoples questions, they would still ask for the Dras profile. How do I know? Because of the Raddus Bomb. I had said HSA would prevent if from working and then we discussed it in the rule thread. But then Snip asked for your opinion on the matter in the Raddus thread and it became your ruling vs DAs ruling. 

Despite our discussion on it, people will still want Dras's golden approval. Anyone can say what you say, but that fact that you are saying it is what really matters. You and I know the content is important regardless of who says it, which is why I'm indifferent to the whole situation. Consistent ruling is more important than ego stroking.

People are gonna be screwed when I'm not here anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...