Sign in to follow this  
Knightcrawler

Hammerhead Packaging

HH Probably coudn't fit in the $20 packaging unit on the fact that unit could not support two stands(theres probably almost twice the cardboard aswell). It could have fit in a $30 box but I think there is something to say about FFG generosity in cards this wave and wanting to charge for those cards. *Shakes fist* Curse you Capitalism!

You don't want the free China Air?

Yeah its a big problem that can reflect in the price I have had importing/exporting businesses and the last thing I ever wanted to do was ship air. if the box was half the size they could ship double the amount reducing there shipping cost dramatically. But I think Marketing are overriding good business sense.

Just now, Exar Kun said:

At least you have it, just checked with my local store, here in Oz we have no news to when this will turn up, but enjoy.

There are 3 Australian Distributors - and it looks like one of them got it, if Milsims got it.

Probably the Distributor in Geelong - because I don't think they're affiliated with GoodGames...  They used to be affiliated with JEDKO games.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

There are 3 Australian Distributors - and it looks like one of them got it, if Milsims got it.

Probably the Distributor in Geelong - because I don't think they're affiliated with GoodGames...  They used to be affiliated with JEDKO games.

Lets Play Games also know as GG Disruption got it and shipped it. some stores just don't carry it any more cos Armada is dead :P

52 minutes ago, Exar Kun said:

Wollongong, Good Games has no ETA on delivery.  Armada is kicking down here along with Xwing (most are GW refuges like me)...

your from NSW Australia's Armada Capital now I'm really surprised you don't have Armada. If your up for a 8 hour drive you could pick some up from here ;) 

We don't have Many "GW refuges" down here many are still fighting the losing battle :P 

3 hours ago, Knightcrawler said:

Simple topic.

Does anyone think the packaging for the Hammerhead Corvettes is like... 4 times bigger than it needs to be? 6 times? More? The whole pack could fit into Nebulon-B sized packaging.

this waste of resources is such a shame. yes, I also buy Armada, the ships are plastic themselves, so call me a hypocrite, but please, where does the Quasar or Hammerhead run into danger of getting damaged? You could wrap them into paper and nothing would happen. 

Pls, FFG, stop this plastic orgy. Want me to pay 2 more bucks for a more clever packaging, yes, you get it.

5 hours ago, Exar Kun said:

At least you have it, just checked with my local store, here in Oz we have no news to when this will turn up, but enjoy.

Mate you need to drive up from the gong and grab it at The Games Cube, Top Ryde Good Games, Town Hall Hood Games and im pretty sure Newvastle Good Games has it too! 

Not only is there an egregious amount of packaging, but the hammerhead models are some of the worst I've seen from FFG in a while. Definitely going to be repainting mine if they start seeing serious table time.

1 hour ago, Irokenics said:

Mate you need to drive up from the gong and grab it at The Games Cube, Top Ryde Good Games, Town Hall Hood Games and im pretty sure Newvastle Good Games has it too! 

Confirmed!

I gotta say I really appreciate the card loadout of these packs as well. Upgrades will go down really well!

1 hour ago, pyqz said:

Not only is there an egregious amount of packaging, but the hammerhead models are some of the worst I've seen from FFG in a while. Definitely going to be repainting mine if they start seeing serious table time.

I think the Hammerhead looks like a sexy ship :P 

Pretty sure packaging simply reflects pricing. Everything that costs 40USD is in the box the Hammerheads are in (just like the MC80). Everything that is 30USD is in the box the Quasar is in. If its 20USD, it's in the "blister pack". Don't think it has anything to do with protecting the models or even their size.

Edited by RobertK

10 hours ago, Knightcrawler said:

Simple topic.

Does anyone think the packaging for the Hammerhead Corvettes is like... 4 times bigger than it needs to be? 6 times? More? The whole pack could fit into Nebulon-B sized packaging.

There is enough free plastic to fit a third Hammerhead.