Sign in to follow this  
Hol Coronet

Rebellions are built on hope

Hey all, I've thrown together a quick Jyn Erso deck here. Nothing fancy, nothing tournament winning but it oughta be fun! This was made with cards I already have, so obviously some things like Ascension Gun could be replaced with Holdout Blaster if and when I get them.

Battlefield:

Moisture Farm

Characters:

2x Jyn Erso

1x Rebel Commando

Upgrades:

1x A180 Blaster

2x Ascension Gun

1x Dh-17 Blaster Pistol

2x Fast Hands

1x Jet Pack

1x Overkill

2x Second Chance

Supports:

2x Infamous

Events:

2x All In

2x Field Medic

2x Let the Wookiee Win

2x Loth-Cat and Mouse

2x Rebel

2x Rebel Assault

2x Reversal

2x Shoot First

2x Unpredictable

Ill take a liberty of commenting :) i can see that you are trying to build the best deck from stuff you have right? So lets make some tweaks:

Battlefield:

Moisture Farm -  this is not Support deck, no need to generate extra resources, especially if you wanna run Ascension Gun, make it something relevant. Mustafar for dmg? Hoth for shields? SKBase for removal? Always play on your opp battlefield and make use of those 2 ascension guns.

Characters:

2x Jyn Erso 

1x Rebel Commando -Ackbar. Ackbar you seek. Less punch but focus! Jun want that focuses. Plus his ability lets you deal dmg with Jyns 2discard side if you manage to dump entire enemy hand.

Upgrades:

1x A180 Blaster - Solid if you lack Q11

2x Ascension Gun - Usually there are better blasters but if you lack them its fine, escpecially if you play battlefield right.

1x Dh-17 Blaster Pistol - 2 are optimal as it is mostly to be replaced lated.

2x Fast Hands - Great.

1x Jet Pack -Also great.

1x Overkill - Another Jetpack is better but if you lack it, will do.

2x Second Chance - Great

If you have second chance, consider ammo belt. That way if you pick Jakku battlefield, 2 Ascension guns, 2 ammo belts and 2 Second chances can make killing Jyn next to impossible.

Supports:

2x Infamous - great.

Events:

2x All In - if you wanna go for this ackbar discard combo...maybe but in mostly gun deck i don't think its that good.

2x Field Medic - always good card.

2x Let the Wookiee Win - first be adviced that you opponent can choose not existent option. So he can choose to remove the dice even if he does not have them. Then re-evaluate this card. Negotiate is way better.

2x Loth-Cat and Mouse - good.

2x Rebel - good, especially with those ammo belts and second chances

2x Rebel Assault - no no no. If you want similar removal  use Confidence. Assault is rather bad card.

2x Reversal - may be too expensive to play.

2x Shoot First -solid removal in this deck.

2x Unpredictable - also pretty good card.

Edited by Vitalis

Thanks for the thought out comments and suggestions. I have taken some of them and made changes to the deck to also reflect the Awakenings box I got today. The Ammo Belt Second Chance combo has been errata'd out now, so I don't think I'll be using the Ammo Belts. I also think I'll stick with the Commando for now, but I might give Ackbar a try at some point too.

Battlefield:

Echo Base

Characters:

2x Jyn Erso

1x Rebel Commando

Upgrades:

2x Dh-17 Blaster Pistol

2x Fast Hands

1x Holdout Blaster

1x IQA-11 Blaster Rifle

2x Jet Pack

2x Second Chance

Supports:

2x Infamous

Events:

2x Defensive Position

2x Electroshock

2x Field Medic

2x Loth-Cat and Mouse

2x Negotiate

2x Rebel

2x Reversal

2x Shoot First

2x Unpredictable

Lone Operative is a solid card. It's less reliable than Second Chance, but having both Lone Operative and Second Chance helps you keep your characters alive longer, especially if you plan on winning by control/mill rather than flat out killing everything.

having played a version of that deck with lone operative (and some supports) its a really solid card there.  If they go for Ackbar, jyn is next to impossible to kill, if they go for Jyn, you can use that time to make Ackbar annoying to deal with.  I would drop one (or maybe both) of the field medics for it, and think about putting a training in if you decide not to use Ackbar.

Ok, I've tweaked the deck a wee bit here. I've got everything in this list and I might take it to a casual night tonight.

Battlefield:

Echo Base

Characters:

2x Jyn Erso

1x Rebel Commando

Upgrades:

2x Dh-17 Blaster Pistol

2x Fast Hands

1x Holdout Blaster

1x IQA-11 Blaster Rifle

2x Jet Pack

2x Lone Operative