Sign in to follow this  
Luner_Eclipse

Is the firespray back?

What do you think of bomblet gen on the firespray? There are multiple ways it could be added, use cad bane to give an extra bomb slot or use andrasta. What do you think, I have been messing around with the scum pilot who's name slips me that can use the 3's to drop bombs

I like Emon with Burnout Advanced SLAM.  It's a one-shot trick for 3pts but that bomb TRAVELS.  3 forward with a big base, SLAM a 3 turn, 3 turn the bomb out the back...

4 hours ago, SOTL said:

I like Emon with Burnout Advanced SLAM.  It's a one-shot trick for 3pts but that bomb TRAVELS.  3 forward with a big base, SLAM a 3 turn, 3 turn the bomb out the back...

Put him next to a YV-666 with Jabba and it's a TWO-shot trick!

I tried emon, I really wanted it to work.

It did not, big base and bombs just don't play well together, your bomb ends up so far behind you, anything in front of you can turn and avoid with relative ease. With how fast a big base moves you shoot past everyone quickly so landing the bombs becomes much harder when you have passed the enemy.

After my limited testing, i feel like i get more millage out of a standard tail gunner firespray then i did dropping points into a bomblet setup. But that's based on my limited testing.

Oddly enough, cad, slave 1and em (probably on kath)seem to be my theory gotos yet.

Pair with nym, use the big base mobility to fill choke points or block big move escapes full of accurate proxy and cluster mines, herding targets for the scurrg to do its work. Unfortunately a back injury has kept me off the tables yet

Edit: Then again it could be the painkillers. I really want zuvio to work with it too, but that ps works against him rather than for him and without genius...........he's just all scare and no damage, or a trap way to gimp a list by hiding cad in a corner

Edited by Ralgon

6 hours ago, Ghosthacked said:

If you drop a scavenger crane on him doesn't that become a multi-shot trick?

How does one combine burnout slam and scavenger crane together on anything thats not a lancer?

Edited by Ralgon

I use Bomblets on Kath Scarlet with the andrasta title. Kath usually sports predator, e.u, ion cannon and tail gunner. I pair her with Ketsu Onyo, who has VI, gyro targeting, k4 security, and the title. Basically ketsu lowers their agility and Kath takes shot a from her rear arc, which also lower agility. Bomblet help control choke points on the board and help when you are going to k turn or boost since you won't be able to target lock. 

I love the firespray. I don't think I ever stopped using it

I think throwing bomblets on Kath is a good idea, but I think you should keep the tail gunner build.  If you can get your opponent to chase you, than drop bombs and shoot at them out the back.  But I don't think the bomblets should be your main strategy.  It's 2 attack dice, and dice are fickle beasts.  But 2 dice bombs, plus a 4 dice attack(and one less evade with tail gunner), that's pretty brutal.  You could throw cad bane on another ship, but I don't think he does best on the firespray.

I like Kath with Tail Gunner, Expertise, Andrasta, Bomblet Generator.  I pair it with Nym using VI, EM, TLT, Cluster x2, Title, Long Range Sensor, Minefield Mapper.  I typically use R5-P9 on Nym and either 3 pts for bit or Counter Measure/SLAM/Whatever.

Have Nym place Clusters at the start to close of the asteroids and create a 'no fly' zone (Nym's Island).  I will normally run Kath up a side and K-Turn in the first or second round (depending on the other force).  Then slow up and wait for them to chase Kath.  With Expertise, it's either TL or Evades for actions and try to stay at 2-3.  Nym can just float in the center and snipe with the TLT and use his clusters for cover and people generally don't want to shoot at him due to R5.