Joe Boss Red Seven

FFG TROLLS... HAR, HEE, HOO!

33 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

By that logic, TIE Phantoms would have 5 attack dice, and YT-2400s would have 4 with no need for HLC or the Outrider title.

Imagine a TIE Striker! 4 quad laser cannons, 2 heavy laser cannons

Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

6 minutes ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Imagine a TIE Striker! 4 quad laser cannons, 2 heavy laser cannons

Wouldn't hurt my feelings. Certaine ships should be able to blast other ship with relative ease... once they get them targeted and in the sweet coffin-nail-spot of course.

:D

BlueSquadronPilot likes this

17 hours ago, Joe Boss Red Seven said:

YET ANOTHER KNEE-JERK ITEM THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT NEWS IN MANY OF OUR X-WING GAME BOOKS.

swc39_preview1.jpg

DAM YOU FFG... DAM YOU I SEZ!

NOTE: This picture clearly demonstrates that X-WINGS should have either Quad Linked Cannons (Boss' FIX) or just have four dice!

mf_emoticon_schoolyou_jedi.gif

The X Wing is obviously at range 1 of the target :P

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

I count 15 product lines in the Star Wars category for FFG. Sometimes they will post about the other 14...

:P

Posted (edited)

The X-wing's laser cannons had various settings:

• Single fire, where each cannon fired individually (Normal Usage good at all ranges, most accurate);
  • Dual fire, where two cannons in opposite positions paired up and the pairs fired alternately (Middle ground for attacking, not as accurate as single fire, but more accurate than quad fire);
  • Quad fire, where all four cannons (one at each foil-tip) fired together, converging on the target;  (Used for Close Range since not very accurate)
  • Stutter fire, where many underpowered beams were fired in rapid succession (added during Yuuzhan Vong War).

You could simulate this with a dual card title:

Dual card title: Variable Laser Settings 0 pts

T-65 X-wing Only:

Primary Weapon Only:

Side 1:

Quad Fire:   

Range 1 Only.   If target outside of range one use primary attack value instead of Quad Fire. (AKA.  Dual Fire)

Add an Attack Die to your attack.  You may change 1 blank to a focus

You may flip this card after you move as a free action.

Side 2:

Single Fire:

When attacking Change 1 focus to a hit result

you may flip this card after you move as a free action

That's how I would fix the X-wing.

Edited by eagletsi111

5 hours ago, eagletsi111 said:

The X-wing's laser cannons had various settings:

• Single fire, where each cannon fired individually (Normal Usage good at all ranges, most accurate);
  • Dual fire, where two cannons in opposite positions paired up and the pairs fired alternately (Middle ground for attacking, not as accurate as single fire, but more accurate than quad fire);
  • Quad fire, where all four cannons (one at each foil-tip) fired together, converging on the target;  (Used for Close Range since not very accurate)
  • Stutter fire, where many underpowered beams were fired in rapid succession (added during Yuuzhan Vong War).

You could simulate this with a dual card title:

Dual card title: Variable Laser Settings 0 pts

T-65 X-wing Only:

Primary Weapon Only:

Side 1:

Quad Fire:   

Range 1 Only.   If target outside of range one use primary attack value instead of Quad Fire. (AKA.  Dual Fire)

Add an Attack Die to your attack.  You may change 1 blank to a focus

You may flip this card after you move as a free action.

Side 2:

Single Fire:

When attacking Change 1 focus to a hit result

you may flip this card after you move as a free action

That's how I would fix the X-wing.

SO MUCH BETTER THAN FLAPPY WINGS! 

On 7/5/2017 at 5:15 PM, Joe Boss Red Seven said:

YET ANOTHER KNEE-JERK ITEM THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT NEWS IN MANY OF OUR X-WING GAME BOOKS.

swc39_preview1.jpg

NOTE: This picture clearly demonstrates that X-WINGS should have either Quad Linked Cannons (Boss' FIX) or just have four dice!

4 dice but defenders could not roll more green dice than red dice. So roll 1 dice 4 times for agile enemies and 4 dice for low agile enemies.

2 firepower can fir single x2 or dual

3 firepower can file single x3 or tri fire

4 firepower can fire single x4 dual x2 or quad.

Also you need energy (draw pink dots on the dial)  that you use to move fast fire weapons or recharge shields.

2 hours ago, Grivoire said:

The title is apt.

Desperate Circumstances

BRAH! Yah I was going to comment on that cute title... but figured what I did in the initial posting covered it enough for the gang to get it and giggle-growel... like we did!

FFG WE KNOW YOU LIKE TO TROLL US.

Bytheway my wonderful Boss FIX is: Quad Linked Cannons. Roll your base three attack (4R1) if you get at least one hit (you may use Focus Actions) you may add 1 hit to your results. If you rolled two hits you may opt to upgrade 1 hit to a Critical Hit.

So here at Boss Central X-WINGS can hit you from 2 to 5 times,  (if they can hit you at all... lol)! Keep in mind that if your dice are hot one of these 2 minimum hits is going to be a crit if you want it to be... Yow-Sah!!!

P.S. I also use QLC's on my beloved  (and not forgotten!) TIE Interceptors...  and Dat  REB%2BYT-1300%2BTFA.PNG & IMP%2BRAIDER%2BNDV%2BBLUE.PNG too... dang-right I do: because they are supposed to be scary!

REB%2BX-WING%2BT-65%2BLUKE.png  _heart__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif  IMP%2BTIE%2BINTERCEPTOR%2B181%2BNDV.png

Grivoire likes this

On 6.7.2017 at 2:15 AM, Joe Boss Red Seven said:

swc39_preview1.jpg

This picture reminds be how badass X-Wing fighters are in the right hands ... make Integrated Astromech a title and Biggs 'once per round' and vectored thrusters for free ... and we finally would get the feeling to fly this excellent medium multi-role fighter to its best. :D

40 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

This is not a good thing.

No, this is a good thing. Otherwise the forum gets to many "Nerf blah blah blah" "Is this the end of X-wing?" "FFG fails to do X" "Fire the intern" "XG-A1 starwing assault gunboat" ...

1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

No, this is a good thing. Otherwise the forum gets to many "Nerf blah blah blah" "Is this the end of X-wing?" "FFG fails to do X" "Fire the intern" "XG-A1 starwing assault gunboat" ...

FlyingAnchors likes this

On 7/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, Joe Boss Red Seven said:

swc39_preview1.jpg

Swag