Sign in to follow this  
Mon no Oni

It Ain't Rokugan without the Taint!

12 minutes ago, AtoMaki said:

This was always a weak point in the story. The Unicorn supposedly traveled through the Shadowlands to re-enter Rokugan, so the Moto should have known exactly what they were up against. But they apparently didn't, for some reason. 

Maybe they went around the swamp coming back, but then knew the bad was BEHIND the swamp, so they had to go through to kill it.

The Dark Moto's origin is a little shaky, but I do think they add something to the setting. If only as an excuse to get the Unicorn to go fight the Shadowlands.

Just now, Fumi said:

The Dark Moto's origin is a little shaky, but I do think they add something to the setting. If only as an excuse to get the Unicorn to go fight the Shadowlands.

I will be less than happy with the Unicorn without the 'Original Moto/Moto Vindicators.?

3 minutes ago, Fumi said:

If only as an excuse to get the Unicorn to go fight the Shadowlands.

This also reminds me how the Unicorn are the only people who can chill out even with the Shadowlands. From Utaku Kamoko coming as close to befriending an oni (an Oni Lord no less!) as it was humanly possible, through Iuchi Shahai being the nicest mahotsukai you could meet, to being the only true allies of the Spider Clan. Then, of course, we have Shinjo trying to reach out for Fu Leng twice

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Not your Kuni making love to tainted...things.

No necrophilia here.

It's necessary scientific research to better protect the empire.

Nakanu and Mokuna were abberations...and being eaten by zombies seems a fitting punishment for stupidity 

17 hours ago, AtoMaki said:

This also reminds me how the Unicorn are the only people who can chill out even with the Shadowlands. From Utaku Kamoko coming as close to befriending an oni (an Oni Lord no less!) as it was humanly possible, through Iuchi Shahai being the nicest mahotsukai you could meet, to being the only true allies of the Spider Clan. Then, of course, we have Shinjo trying to reach out for Fu Leng twice

The Unicorn are compassionate.  She wanted to know that he was okay, if he needed anything.  That she missed her brother, and she was thinking about him.

Shinjo was an enabler?

5 minutes ago, Mon no Oni said:

... and the Man, the Legend, the Idol of Multitudes finally appears. Ogres and pekkles, Onis and Bog Hags, bakemono and undead, I show you..... Yogo JUNZOOOOOO!

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/55/13/5513e628-0128-4a37-8408-8e19a18fa6a1/the_world_a_stage.pdf

Who promptly trips over a rock and falls of a cliff......sorry fellas no tainty goodness for you??

Now you mention that horse thing... how come Junzo didn't just rise again? He was undead and death-by-horse shouldn't have stopped him long in the first place. Mmm.

Edited by Mon no Oni