Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Lizards

Is Biggs with Lowhhrick and Wullff actually good?

Biggs by very definition in this game is not good, far from good, he is evil incarnate. Rather than the stalwart hero of the original trilogy, our game has given us a mind-bending coward, that more than partially takes our liberty to play the game as we see fit. We all continue to pray to the plastic spaceship gods to rid us of this abomination on Biggs amazing character and legacy, and give us back our will as he regains his courage and rightful place in the galaxy.

I have played against Lowhhrick and Wullffwarro (different games). 

Wullffwarro can do some damage (the one i faced had rage+finn+inspiring recruit). But he has a weird ability. You need to give your opponent reason to go after him first, as he is no end-game piece. I cannot see what he can possibly bring in a biggs list that other ships cannot do better for similar points.

Lowhhrick is imo a bit of a monster (the one I faced had tactitian+selflessness). His ability has a strong synergy with biggs, but he is also good in a more offensive list. My opponent played him next to regen Norra (and Jess pava), which makes a lot of sense. I had no intention of shooting through the reinforce token at the less threatening piece and leave Norra for last, but it took next to forever to bring Norra down (regen+focus from rey+TL often spent defensively+evade from Lowhhrick+Lowhhrick taking 3 damage from Norra with selflessness). The **** tactitian with that arc is also very powerful. 

Lowhhrick built like that next to Biggs leaves 43 points. That is plenty for a high threat regen ace like Norra, Poe or Miranda. Not a list archetype I'm dying to face (unless I have ordnance, then bring it on and good luck closing the game with just Lowhhrick and Biggs).

If you intend to play both the name gunship pilots, I don't think Biggs is the best third ship. Rather a mini ace of some sort. If your going for Biggs+1 gunship, well Lowhhrick is a no brainer, just have a plan for how to deal with higher PS alpha strikes...

11 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

Biggs by very definition in this game is not good, far from good, he is evil incarnate. Rather than the stalwart hero of the original trilogy, our game has given us a mind-bending coward, that more than partially takes our liberty to play the game as we see fit. We all continue to pray to the plastic spaceship gods to rid us of this abomination on Biggs amazing character and legacy, and give us back our will as he regains his courage and rightful place in the galaxy.

You should tell us how you really feel about Biggs. I get the impression you're holding back. Lol

9 hours ago, Stoneface said:

You should tell us how you really feel about Biggs. I get the impression you're holding back. Lol

While I think Biggs is a PITA, I don't think he's as terrible as people make him out to be. I think it's a case of the legend becoming the myth and the myth becoming the nightmare called Biggs. 

If you control the range of the engagement, you control Biggs. To be effective, he needs to be within R1 of friendlies. Bomb wise, seismics and protons love that R1 zone. Assault missiles also work well. 

Put a TL on other than Biggs and you have the option on who to attack. Speaking of torps or missiles here.

I also think that players don't adjust their play style enough to combat squads with Biggs. They more or less treat him as a typical X-wing that they have to attack.