BiggsIRL

Day 0 Thread - Mafia Discussion

122 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Madaghmire said:

Yeah thats what i mean. Some people are just super turboable.

Generally mafia try to push a turbo on players who can't be on 24/7 to prevent defense, and that player is always JJ

11 minutes ago, Visovics said:

Generally mafia try to push a turbo on players who can't be on 24/7 to prevent defense, and that player is always JJ

Lol we didnt tho! That last game with gink and i, Jj got hammered once when i didnt even vote, and the second time I went to sleep thinking "well theres no way anyone is voting Jj now" and I wok up with him at l-1!

Which is why town should always be leary of pushing someone to L-1 without giving them a chance to talk.

Norell, BrobaFett, TheToad and 3 others like this

On 8/18/2017 at 11:14 AM, Madaghmire said:

Lol we didnt tho! That last game with gink and i, Jj got hammered once when i didnt even vote, and the second time I went to sleep thinking "well theres no way anyone is voting Jj now" and I wok up with him at l-1!

Which is why town should always be leary of pushing someone to L-1 without giving them a chance to talk.

Right?  Someone might be a murderer!

Madaghmire likes this

I might need to sit out from games for the time being, but that doesn't mean I'm not updating the Day 0 original post!  Sign up if you want to run things.  Talk about old games.  Talk about possible new games.  DON'T TALK ABOUT THE CURRENT GAME.

They both have goods and bass. Really that last hour becomes almost mandatory online glued to notifications mafia. With the hammer its way more fluid and you can be on and catch up when you catch up. 

Maybe there is a good way to do it where you get 44 hours of investigative daytime, then 4 hours of "twilight" where all chats are silent, and no posting in the thread is allowed except for ##vote and ##unvote or if your role had a day action like if you were a Vig you could ##kill.

It would at least give a window where people could know they wouldn't get last minute turbo'd while they slept.

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I am probably alone in really liking the scheduled day and night ends. if they were move to a better time for Europe I think it'd be better. 

You're not alone.  That's how I'm used to playing it. The load on the GM is more predictable that way, and you can plan around it.

As a player, it can be less convenient if the scheduled time is bad for your schedule. On the other hand,  if you know you're going to be guaranteed the full 48 hours, then being online right at the rollover is less crucial.

The hammer mechanic makes things interesting, to be sure,  and it does help require a more active playerbase, which has a good effect on the meta.

I see pros and cons to each,  but I prefer the scheduled times.

JJs Juggernaut likes this

Anyone interested in an observer's lounge access please PM me

Also, am I the only one that has a gigantic fear of messing up the game by messing up in the Role PMs?

On 9/5/2017 at 4:23 AM, JJs Juggernaut said:

Glad I'm not the only one...Triple checked everyone before I sent them...

On 9/5/2017 at 6:59 AM, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Me too. . .

Hahahahahaha!

I'll just be over here furiously editing PMs I sent 5 minutes ago...

2 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Hahahahahaha!

I'll just be over here furiously editing PMs I sent 5 minutes ago...

That one's me. In one of the games I just GMed, I actually sent one person's pm twice,  to 2 different people.  Luckily I caught it before anyone saw it...

Not including the current game, which is still ongoing so I shall'nt discuss, we have had too many complicated games recently and players are making basic mistakes.

Can we please have simple games for the next few. Starter styles such as https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Matrix6 are good, and there appears to be a larger version too, though largely untested, https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Matrix_14.

5 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

I'd like to point out that I've yet to have a role that involves killing someone. I hate you all...

And I wanted to be a cult leader. I mean, it would fit my username. I have to be a cult leader ovinizing everyone else. 

ovinomancer_9195.JPG

Agreed. I happen to be a huge fan of the semi-open setup; I like closed setup for a fun game every now and again, but they can very often get out of hand.