LazorBeems

Quad Battery Turrets spoiler

237 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, LazorBeems said:

Other interesting things to note from the expansions:

• Can confirm that Hammerhead box comes with two copies of each non-unique card
  • Interestingly, Quasar comes with two copies of Disposable Capacitors and Boarding Troopers (good guy FFG)

Lovin' it. if I'm still buying one of every expansion, dc fits my 2 vics while boarding troops fits dual hammerheads

Edited by Muelmuel
LazorBeems likes this

2 minutes ago, ouzel said:

I read this as a ship moving at a higher speed then the attacker at the time of the attack, not has a higher top speed

Agreed.  What I meant by "Speed 2 ships love it" is that there is a strong chance that your speed 2 ship will be going slower than enemy ships that can go speed 3 or 4.  It takes what would normally be a liability on the slower speed 2 ships and potentially turns it into a boon.

coastcityo, ouzel, xanderf and 3 others like this

5 minutes ago, RStan said:

That's really odd that they'd have this upgrade card in both expansions, especially the Quesar one because they don't have turret slots to even use it. 

Good point!  I didn't catch that.  I wonder if it was an offensive retro at one point in development...

Precedent set for ships getting an upgrade they can't use.

4 minutes ago, LazorBeems said:

Good point!  I didn't catch that.  I wonder if it was an offensive retro at one point in development...

Precedent set for ships getting an upgrade they can't use.

Does that mean the Quasar won't eventually have it in its expansion? Or will they start to include cards in expansions that the ship can't use?

5 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

Does that mean the Quasar won't eventually have it in its expansion? Or will they start to include cards in expansions that the ship can't use?

It does have a good sinergy with the Grand Inquisitor, but it is really odd that it comes with a non-usable upgrade. Since they state that this is not standalone and you must buy the core set, as it fits the vic they did it? (I know some people buy the essentials of the core set online to not waste money on ships and cards they won't use)

3 minutes ago, Visovics said:

It does have a good sinergy with the Grand Inquisitor, but it is really odd that it comes with a non-usable upgrade. Since they state that this is not standalone and you must buy the core set, as it fits the vic they did it? (I know some people buy the essentials of the core set online to not waste money on ships and cards they won't use)

The thing is if they do go with such a marketing strat it opens the door for them to do things like put a strong upgrade card in a bad ship expansion that the ship can't even use. Not saying they will, just that they make it such that they now CAN. :P

8 minutes ago, Tiberius the Killer said:

This upgrade is the anti cracken. Definitely giving big slow ships some love. I like it. 

After one of my local Store Champs, I just put a tight Cracken list together...and now...this. 

37 minutes ago, LazorBeems said:

Other interesting things to note from the expansions:

• Interestingly, Quasar comes with two copies of Disposable Capacitors and Boarding Troopers (good guy FFG)

Wait, it comes with two? Crap, I pre-ordered two of them so I could get two Disposable Capacitors. Not sure if I really need 4. Maybe some weird long range raider build? Good to know at least!

Pretty interesting card, especially adding that blue dice to enable leading shot at long range or fishing for Accuracy against flotillas etc..

I don't think it is a game changing card but an extra die in any direction at any range for five points is really nice (especially a blue dice), it also is not an exhaust card so you get it on every attack. The card certainly are good an all ships that are tough and sturdy and that can afford to go slow, I would include ISD in that equation to, depending on how you use them of course.

What ship does not have an offensive refit slot, but has an ordnance slot and a turbolaser slot? 

I cant see why you would take this for 5pts rather than disposible capacitors except on Ackbar MC80s.... 

Solidly withough precedence, which is very interesting.

They've included a Card in a pack that neither ship variant can use...  very interesting going forward with that as aprecedence now.

LazorBeems and Flengin like this

7 minutes ago, Thraug said:

This card "fixes" so many weak ships and upgrades. Wonderful they can address issues as such, assuming it was their intent. :P

What weak ships and upgrades are you thinking of besides the vic-ii?