piznit

Viktor Hel pilot ability

Depends.  It's possible that you can compensate for not being able ot arc dodge by simply reliably punching really hard.

Especially given that we're in a meta with a LOT of turrets, so his arc dodging is generally less useful.

I'm not likely to try it any time soon, but it's not necessarily as completely stupid a suggestion as it might normally be.

On 7/2/2017 at 4:38 AM, thespaceinvader said:

I've been suggesting a mod like that for about a year and a half.  Or a pilot ability.  Or a ship ability.

I think the idea of an ETS mechanic was among the first suggestions on these forums, along with X-Wing fix and GUNBOAT.  Closest we got was Miranda's broken-ness.

problem im having with viktor is the same problem i have with kfighters as a whole: theyre expensive, squishy, and have modification issues.

They dont do anything w/o making them ridiculously expensive, and then not worth it. Every build i could muster that made them actually hit reliably (or avoid hits) made them more expensive than a mid-level protectorate, which i would much rather have.

Viktor's ability can only be triggered 5 ways w/o factoring range or obstruction
1) Stealthdevice. Problem is you are practically guaranteed to lose it the first shot since they have no Evade access and 3agi + focus might dodge 1 attack. Crane can get it back but something needs to die first (hence complaints about die mods on this thing)
2) Expose (no, just no)
3) Stealthdevice. Issue is not only can it just decide to go away but you cant attack with it. Why would anyone shoot him if he isnt a threat this round anyway and you get stressed for trying? Could argue last ship alive reasons, but face it the kfighter is screwed in that scenario 9/10 of the time.
4) Bodyguard. If not for the focus requirement, that could be a thing.
5) Offensive agi mods such as tractorbeam tokens, outmaneuver, wedge, or Zuckuss pilot. Unless they are sure they can kill it outright, nobody is going to tractor it and those other 2 pilots are never seen. Outmaneuver is pretty good on Backdraft but thats about it and even then usually hes got a 1pt ept.

42 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

What don't you understand about never?

What don't you understand about expose on the deci? All it's negatives are offset by being run on a ship that has no natural agility so the down side is moot. And you can set up some sweet combo s with either a tie shuttle or another deci with a tie shuttles crew so it's a fully modifiable 4-5 dice atk. It's not meta or anything, but the card does work well with this one ship. So it's not totally useless. Now poor R-3 Astromech on the other  hand...

"4) Bodyguard. If not for the focus requirement, that could be a thing."

Would this make Kaa'to Leachos useful? I had always considered his token leaching to be a zero sum ability. However if Viktor is coughing up the focus to gain 1 Agility would this be a viable trade off?

Viktor's action bar is so limited that choosing a focus would represent a minimal opportunity cost. The fragility of Kaa'to would make Scavenger Crane viable for any missiles loaded on Viktor.

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Kaa'to_Leeachos

Edited by Arctic Dragon Games

2 minutes ago, Arctic Dragon Games said:

"4) Bodyguard. If not for the focus requirement, that could be a thing."

Would this make Kaa'to Leachos useful? I had always considered his token leaching to be a zero sum ability. However if Viktor is coughing up the focus to gain 1 Agility would this be a viable trade off?

Viktor's action bar is so limited that choosing a focus would represent a minimal opportunity cost. The fragility of Kaa'to would make Scavenger Crane viable for any missiles loaded on Viktor.

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Kaa'to_Leeachos

Not really because

1) That cuts into Viktor's defenses/offenses by taking the focus away in the first place. They are action starved, he doesnt want to be hit he wants to be shot at (3naked dice isnt as defensive as 2 w/ focus, even if its not triggering his ability, so he's likely to go poof pretty quick)
2) Shoot kaa'to. He's 2agi, 4hp, and enabling the stress-generation. If hes close enough to trigger bodyguard he's bound to be in your arc too 90% of the time.