11 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I am really just falling in love with this guy. Drop him after a conflict has already occurred, into a mil conflict, sacrifice one of your no fate guys that just defended for a boost. "You're dying, let me kill you for your power."

Whoa whoa, pump the brakes there. That sounds a lot like blood magic maho and that's Phoenix territory something I hope we don't see a lot of.

2 minutes ago, WHW said:

I want this guy in my Dragon deck to eat the 0 fate voltrons and instantly reuse their ancestral attachments on something else after they outlive their usefulness. Roflmao. 

That is actually a pretty good idea.  Same reason I think he is good splash.  If Crab gets another good prevention card, like anti-bow or something, I'm sold.  Though I don't expect it.

1 minute ago, Mirith said:

That is actually a pretty good idea.  Same reason I think he is good splash.  If Crab gets another good prevention card, like anti-bow or something, I'm sold.  Though I don't expect it.

3x this guy, 3x reprieve, and 2x Jade Tetsubo (or any other proportions, probably might be worth to cut Stoic Gunso and Reprieve by 1 for extra Tetsubo) sounds like a solid plan. 

But it's so hard to stop being Ready for Battle...

Just now, Mirith said:

Lion currently wins for Crab for Vengeful Oathkeeper, Ready for Battle, and maybe Sashimono.  But we haven't seen Unicorn yet.

Unicorn is number two contender right now. If they get a good preview, they could be the winner.

16 minutes ago, phillos said:

Well the way the game is structured as long as that character is done with conflict for the turn and has no fate you might as well just sacrifice him since they do no more work for you.  So Stoic Gunso and more generally sacrifice as a theme doesn't need to be about weenie spam.  It does probably mean you'll be putting less fate on characters and that your characters will be rolling out more frequently than other clans.  they seem like the exact opposite to the Dragon.

I think a short life expectancy is pretty thematically appropriate.

Yea, that's what I mean by characters I don't care about sacrificing. Putting less fate on characters and kind of cycling them each turn. The problem with that is you only get 4 provinces a turn and you probably want one of them being a holding. Lion's rush works because they have the Gunso that refills provinces face up when he leaves and their holding that flips two provinces face up.

Crab, so far, don't have anything like that (nor should they, because that is Lion's thing, for the most part.)

So far, in the previews, I have been least impressed with Lion because of this facet and I really hope it isn't a prominent part of Crab's overall clan design.

1 minute ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

Yea, that's what I mean by characters I don't care about sacrificing. Putting less fate on characters and kind of cycling them each turn. The problem with that is you only get 4 provinces a turn and you probably want one of them being a holding. Lion's rush works because they have the Gunso that refills provinces face up when he leaves and their holding that flips two provinces face up.

Crab, so far, don't have anything like that (nor should they, because that is Lion's thing, for the most part.)

So far, in the previews, I have been least impressed with Lion because of this facet and I really hope it isn't a prominent part of Crab's overall clan design.

I hope it is a part of the crab to a smaller effect. The crab have the second largest army in rokugan, because they require families to have many kids. If it was not for the loses at the wall, the crab numbers would be far greater than the lion as far as army size.

1 hour ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

It's a cool idea that Crab has a lot of sacrifice effects (assuming, of course, that Way of the Crab does, indeed, sacrifice a character to sacrifice an opponent's character or something along those lines.)

The Eager Scout falls perfectly in line with this, as does this character.

I am a bit concerned because...Crab was never about spamming weak dudes. I don't know if I'm excited about the fact that the clan encourages me to run a bunch of guys that I don't mind sacrificing.

Ideally, the other sacrifice effects we see are potent. If they're going to build a theme around this, I hope they do it in a way that doesn't feel like walking on thin ice.

Yeah Crab scout was always huge guys.

31 minutes ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

The part that makes me pause though is that if they are promoting weenie spam that is sort of incompatible with an emphasis on holdings since they compete for Province slots.  I'm extremely curious to see more.

32 minutes ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

I'm all for sacrificing my own dudes for more power. I eagerly await death triggers.

Also, I *love* how delicious it is that the Crab, of all the clans, fight in a way closest to that of the monsters...

If you can't beat 'em - join 'em.  Wait - no ... That went poorly last time :lol:

Fight fire with fire maybe? haha

2 hours ago, MoZi said:

IMG_0172.JPG

Pretty sure this doesn't work (at least not in the way I think you think it works). Once the Scorpion have taken control of your character, that character is not friendly.  

1 minute ago, Fumo said:

Pretty sure this doesn't work (at least not in the way I think you think it works). Once the Scorpion have taken control of your character, that character is not friendly.  

The question is: If I take your character with blackmail, can I then sacrifice it to my dark gods?

18 minutes ago, Fumo said:

Yeah I am asking around to try and clarify. I don't know if friendly is a term that FFG uses normally. In old5r we had owned and controlled to dileneate.

16 minutes ago, Mirith said:

The question is: If I take your character with blackmail, can I then sacrifice it to my dark gods?

That, on the other hand, seems like a perfectly legitimate and fair thing to do to the Dragon super unit built on a weenie...