3 minutes ago, HidaYama said:

Eager scout with reprieve is good for multiple sacrifices

I don't think you can trigger the sacrifice if you reprieve the Eager Scout as the sacrifice is part of the cost of the Gunso and Reprieve prevents that cost from executing.

8 minutes ago, HidaYama said:

Reprieve would trigger as a result of the cost of stoic gunso.

Typically in other FFG games, you cannot pay the cost of something through a prevention replacement effect.

Clone Chip + Sacrificial Construct in Netrunner comes to mind.

Edited by Danwarr

9 minutes ago, Danwarr said:

Typically in other FFG games, you cannot pay the cost of something through a prevention replacement effect.

Clone Chip + Sacrificial Construct in Netrunner comes to mind.

This was the same in AGOT.  If you save a character you sacrificed then you didn't pay the cost of the sacrifice and the effect doesn't happen.

It's a cool idea that Crab has a lot of sacrifice effects (assuming, of course, that Way of the Crab does, indeed, sacrifice a character to sacrifice an opponent's character or something along those lines.)

The Eager Scout falls perfectly in line with this, as does this character.

I am a bit concerned because...Crab was never about spamming weak dudes. I don't know if I'm excited about the fact that the clan encourages me to run a bunch of guys that I don't mind sacrificing.

Ideally, the other sacrifice effects we see are potent. If they're going to build a theme around this, I hope they do it in a way that doesn't feel like walking on thin ice.

Edited by Joe From Cincinnati

8 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Or a guy who was getting discarded to fate at the end of the turn.

Yes, but ideally you want the sacrificed character to be "used up" before sacrificing. Even if a dude is on his way out from fate you could still use his stats for conflicts

Just now, Shu2jack said:

Yes, but ideally you want the sacrificed character to be "used up" before sacrificing. Even if a dude is on his way out from fate you could still use his stats for conflicts

In a perfect world, sure. In a more desperate situation...