migs6000

So, I think the end times are here...

As for my part of understanding minefield mapper you cannot trigger EM off of it.

Minefield mapper: During setup, after the "Place Forces" step, you may discard any number of your equipped  Bomb upgrade cards. Place all corresponding bomb tokens in the play area beyond Range 3 of enemy ships

Extra Munitions: When you equip this card, place 1 ordnance token on each equipped Torpedoes, Missiles, and Bomb Upgrade card. When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, you may discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead.

The bold part is what keeps me here. minefield mapper gives you only 1 opportunity to discard your bombs and with EM you just discard you EM-tokens. Then minefieldmapper is triggerd and you cant do it again as for my understanding RAW

Edited by Taiowaa

13 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Now those Rebel scum will know what it feels like to hate bombs...

I can't wait for the "Jedi" upgrade card that allows Luke to "move" bombs onto other ships. That would be the lead in to the Yuuzhan Vong faction ...

Oh g-d, what the hell am I saying? :o

I don't know how end points are quantified (having never played in a tournament), but aren't missing or depleted upgrade cards counted?  If someone drops their loads and turtles, their opponent could stall too and the minelayer loses?

4 minutes ago, Superstrength79 said:

I don't know how end points are quantified (having never played in a tournament), but aren't missing or depleted upgrade cards counted?  If someone drops their loads and turtles, their opponent could stall too and the minelayer loses?

Discarded cards are out of play for all purposes except calculating the points cost of the ships, so no.  Also, in most cases, the minelayer player wouldn't end up with all their cards discarded anyway, as they'd have EM.

However, if you're using a minelayer fortress with low numbers of dice, the opponent would be potentially able to just fly in circles until time, and go to final salvo, and probably win.

9 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

However, if you're using a minelayer fortress with low numbers of dice, the opponent would be potentially able to just fly in circles until time, and go to final salvo, and probably win.

Unless they're flying Dengar/Tel, in which case odds are against them...

...waitaminute...

...is this the Jumpmaster fix??!

3 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Nah, these aren't the End Times.

We'll see this in the End Times.

tumblr_o144fz1QFW1uaiy6ho1_500.png

This is going to be in the same wave as Ewok Glider. 

1 hour ago, any2cards said:

I can't wait for the "Jedi" upgrade card that allows Luke to "move" bombs onto other ships. That would be the lead in to the Yuuzhan Vong faction ...

Oh g-d, what the hell am I saying? :o

This is how "Never Vong" arguments start. Are you trying to hijack the thread?

Think about how many of ship X you have to buy to get the mine tokens for a tournament game using this strategy.

I hope people have a lot of friends with mine ships.  Gonna need em if they want to do this!

I expect Extra Munitions will get clarification that you can only discard a token or a card, not both at once.  If you could do both on a single trigger then you'd be allowed to drop 2 Maneuver bombs (one token and one card) at the same time, which I don't believe you can. 

17 hours ago, migs6000 said:

Casual night last night, one member decided to proxy the new minefield mapper thing. 28 cluster mines later, both players decided they didn't want to put each other through that. It honestly looked ridiculous. If there's no limit to the amount of mines, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

If this becomes a thing I would ether run 4 

Omicron Group Pilot (25) - Lambda-Class Shuttle
Electronic Baffle (1), Tractor Beam (1), Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

or 

Sigma Squadron Pilot (25) - TIE Phantom
Collision Detector (0)

Then castle to final, because I think with 12 or 16 dice I beat the 6 punisher dice.

if someone comes after me, with the shuttles I can move ships to the mines and they can choke on it :-p

Edited by Cubanboy

17 hours ago, migs6000 said:

Casual night last night, one member decided to proxy the new minefield mapper thing. 28 cluster mines later, both players decided they didn't want to put each other through that. It honestly looked ridiculous. If there's no limit to the amount of mines, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Obviously you all don't understand bomb detente.   The ability to deploy 28 mines is supposed to deter your opponent from deploying any of his mines at all.

2 hours ago, KelRiever said:

Think about how many of ship X you have to buy to get the mine tokens for a tournament game using this strategy.

I hope people have a lot of friends with mine ships.  Gonna need em if they want to do this!

You can use acrylic templates and maneuver rulers though. I'm sure they can just buy a bunch of those?

19 hours ago, tsondaboy said:

The sky is falling again???

****, I forgot to take my umbrella with me at work today.

No. It's not "the sky is falling".

its 

THE SKY IS FALLING!!142!!!