Crabbok

So excited for wave 7....

They have a steady pattern. 2 waves a year. (3 & 4 we're one wave) for release around the end of quarter 2 and around the end of quarter 4.

As for the Squadrons, there may be a pattern there as well. Stats below are totals of ship types and squadron types.

Wave 1- 5 ships, 8 squadrons

Wave 2- 9 ships, 16 squadrons

Wave 3- 11 ships, 16 squadrons

Wave 4- 13 ships, 16 squadrons

Wave 5- 15 ships, 24 squadrons (SWM20 concept created possibly 16 ships from FFG's perspective)

Wave 6- 17 ships, 24 squadrons

Note: Ship count is never allowed to exceed squadron count. 

Assuming 2 ships per wave is the new normal, we have until wave 9 or 10 before the next batch of squadrons show up, or 6-8 more ships if you are hoping for more than 2 ships per wave. 

Wave 7, I expect to see only 2, mostly because the SSD will be released at about the same time. ;)

12 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Assuming 2 ships per wave is the new normal, we have until wave 9 or 10 before the next batch of squadrons show up

That's pretty comfy for me, to be honest. Especially if we get alternate ace/geniques for the wave V squadrons in a second campaign between now and then.

A four ship + squadrons 3 wave, introducing the sequel era, would be pretty rad. The timing would be ideal for Wave 8 or 9 to bring in a bunch of new TLJ ships (assuming FFG has been privy to them and so they're already in the dev pipeline).

I just hope their next squadron pack includes 2 Z-95s for the Rebels, and to make things even maybe a TIE Bomber and TIE Interceptor for the Imperials. The Z-95, at 7 points, would require someone to buy 10 Fighter II packs to get a swarm, so they need another source.

16 hours ago, solaria said:

I do not believe we will see Sequel trilogy ships before summer 2018. there is just not enough of them revealed yet.

we are still waiting for stuff from the original trilogy:

Marauder class Corvette

DP-20 class Corellian Gunship

Dreadnought class Heavy Cruiser

Strike Class Cruiser

Assault Frigate Mk I

Vindicator class (SD) Heavy Cruiser (Interdictor uses this Space Frame)

Tector class Star Destroyer (Imperial class Variant)

Broadside class (use's the Gladiator Space Frame)

etc....

then there's the Prequel Trilogy (Venator Class, etc...)

and for those of you who don't like squadrons. I am sorry but there will be more coming.

I do not see them running out of option for ships anytime soon. to me the question is how many ships per wave and how many wave's a year.

I would expect strictly Canon shops from here on out.

15 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Wave 7, I expect to see only 2, mostly because the SSD will be released at about the same time. ;)

Hah - I wish on that SSD!

But, yeah, pretty clear wave 7 is 2 ships, and also pretty clear (but I'm surprised to see so much doubt about it) that it'll be the MC75 and Resurgent-class.  The only REAL question is how they'll handle the sliding scale on the Resurgent - if they'll go 50% larger than an ISD for the visual kick, or stick with the more-likely 25 % longer.

11 minutes ago, xanderf said:

But, yeah, pretty clear wave 7 is 2 ships, and also pretty clear (but I'm surprised to see so much doubt about it) that it'll be the MC75 and Resurgent-class.  The only REAL question is how they'll handle the sliding scale on the Resurgent - if they'll go 50% larger than an ISD for the visual kick, or stick with the more-likely 25 % longer.

Isn't the Resurgent class from TFA? I don't see FFG mixing a Rogue One ship with a TFA ship. Wave 5 had 2 Rebels ships - Arq and Pelta. Wave 6 also had 2 Rebels ships - Quasar and HH, though the HH did also appear in RO. 

I could see the Resurgent in Wave 8 right after the next movie drops, along with the new Rebel ship that looks like a Neb.

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

Isn't the Resurgent class from TFA? I don't see FFG mixing a Rogue One ship with a TFA ship. Wave 5 had 2 Rebels ships - Arq and Pelta. Wave 6 also had 2 Rebels ships - Quasar and HH, though the HH did also appear in RO. 

I could see the Resurgent in Wave 8 right after the next movie drops, along with the new Rebel ship that looks like a Neb.

The 'new Rebel ship that looks like a Neb' is actually just a heavy fighter.  Well, they are calling it a 'bomber', anyway.  It's a SMIDGE longer than the Ghost, although obviously a lot taller.  So not a 'ship', per se.

And FFG has mixed the eras of waves before - wave 3 was 'Rebels' and the OT (TESB).  Wave 4 also 'Rebels' and the OT (RotJ).  Not sure any hard conclusions can be reached about what FFG puts into waves...

9 minutes ago, xanderf said:

The 'new Rebel ship that looks like a Neb' is actually just a heavy fighter.  Well, they are calling it a 'bomber', anyway.  It's a SMIDGE longer than the Ghost, although obviously a lot taller.  So not a 'ship', per se.

And FFG has mixed the eras of waves before - wave 3 was 'Rebels' and the OT (TESB).  Wave 4 also 'Rebels' and the OT (RotJ).  Not sure any hard conclusions can be reached about what FFG puts into waves...

The large Rebel ship in the trailer is a fighter?

Just now, Undeadguy said:

The large Rebel ship in the trailer is a fighter?

Yup, confirmed by the Lucasfilm story group.

It's the "Resistance Bomber".

There are a lot of pics of the LEGO set (kit 75188) of it coming out - which (in this case) is pretty close to correct scale with the figures, so you can get a better sense of it.  (The obvious turrets on it were another clue that many folks picked up on right at the trailer release)

15 minutes ago, xanderf said:

To get back to this, FFG has not gotten away from the OT content or era. The Arq and Pelta may not have been in the OT, but they are in the same era, since Rebels is set before ANH. 

And just to clarify the time lines, I'd consider Rebels through the fall of the Empire after RotJ to be the OT content. I'll give an arbitrary date for the new trilogy as a ?year? before the TFA. I don't follow the new canon books so I'm just making stuff up. My point is, I don't see FFG taking an OT ship and releasing it with the new trilogy content. I think a new trilogy wave is much more likely, with ships, officers, and commanders coming out of TFA and TLJ. But who knows. FFG may make up some new ships, or release ships however they want.

6 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

To get back to this, FFG has not gotten away from the OT content or era. The Arq and Pelta may not have been in the OT, but they are in the same era, since Rebels is set before ANH. 

And just to clarify the time lines, I'd consider Rebels through the fall of the Empire after RotJ to be the OT content. I'll give an arbitrary date for the new trilogy as a ?year? before the TFA. I don't follow the new canon books so I'm just making stuff up. My point is, I don't see FFG taking an OT ship and releasing it with the new trilogy content. I think a new trilogy wave is much more likely, with ships, officers, and commanders coming out of TFA and TLJ. But who knows. FFG may make up some new ships, or release ships however they want.

I kinda doubt there will be enough 'new trilogy' content for the 'hero' side TO match up the First Order.

Not sure how familiar you are with the period (sounds like not?) - the 'civil war' went on for one year after Endor, with the Rebellion turning into the New Republic.  The New Republic signed a treaty with the remnants of the Empire ending the war after the Battle of Jakku (Endor +1 year), and that was that.  Mon Mothma (head of the New Republic) didn't want to risk another Empire rising from a populist leader, so set about disarming the New Republic - most of the fleet that would exist, or was referenced in novels (such as the Starhawks) - being disbanded.  Leia and Ackbar were having none of that, though, and were convinced the bad guys would be back, so put together 'the Resistance' with leftovers from the New Republic (for example, the New Republic was flying T-85 X-Wings, while what we saw in the movie...best the Resistance could get...were T-70 X-wings).  Supposedly, Ackbar's Home One is still hanging around and is the flagship of what amounts to the Resistance fleet.

So while the New Republic MIGHT have had enough new 'capital ship' designs to be viable...we're not likely going to see those, as the novelization for TFA (at least, if not as much the movie) made clear than the shot from Starkiller Base that 'destroyed the New Republic' wasn't just aimed at the capital planets, but also all their fleet yards and such - so the whole fleet was lost, too.  Apparently all that remains is what the Resistance has - Ackbar's Home One, and a ton of fighter types.

58 minutes ago, xanderf said:

How sure on these two ships are you for Wave 7? Just a guess or some inside info come out?

33 minutes ago, xanderf said:

I kinda doubt there will be enough 'new trilogy' content for the 'hero' side TO match up the First Order.

Not sure how familiar you are with the period (sounds like not?) - the 'civil war' went on for one year after Endor, with the Rebellion turning into the New Republic.  The New Republic signed a treaty with the remnants of the Empire ending the war after the Battle of Jakku (Endor +1 year), and that was that.  Mon Mothma (head of the New Republic) didn't want to risk another Empire rising from a populist leader, so set about disarming the New Republic - most of the fleet that would exist, or was referenced in novels (such as the Starhawks) - being disbanded.  Leia and Ackbar were having none of that, though, and were convinced the bad guys would be back, so put together 'the Resistance' with leftovers from the New Republic (for example, the New Republic was flying T-85 X-Wings, while what we saw in the movie...best the Resistance could get...were T-70 X-wings).  Supposedly, Ackbar's Home One is still hanging around and is the flagship of what amounts to the Resistance fleet.

So while the New Republic MIGHT have had enough new 'capital ship' designs to be viable...we're not likely going to see those, as the novelization for TFA (at least, if not as much the movie) made clear than the shot from Starkiller Base that 'destroyed the New Republic' wasn't just aimed at the capital planets, but also all their fleet yards and such - so the whole fleet was lost, too.  Apparently all that remains is what the Resistance has - Ackbar's Home One, and a ton of fighter types.

Partially wrong.

Edited by Tirion

4 minutes ago, ForceGhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Could you explain? I too am unfamiliar with the new canon. What's wrong with his post? Misrepresentation? Mistaken Info? Misguided conclusion?

Saying so wrong was to harsh and not correct. Sorry about that. I'm on my phone and posting quick. I changed to partially. See above

Just now, Tirion said:

So wrong

Well it's the history the canon novels describe, so...that's how it is?  I mean, you can get into more details if you REALLY want - how it was one of the Imperial Admirals at Jakku (Rax) that sabotaged the Imperial side to guarantee an end to the war before retreating into the outer regions to join the First Order, or that Mon Mothma more or less enabled the Resistance to exist despite wanting to 'reduce the fleet by 90%', or how much of the New Republic fleet survived outside the Hosnian system.

But I don't see how those details make any difference - the net effect is that, as of 'The Last Jedi' - it's the resurgent Empire forces from the Outer Rim, reformed as the First Order, vs Ackbar-and-Leia's "Resistance" forces acting as the only real line of defense of the New Republic planets.  That's the canonical point we're at going into the next movie.

Just now, xanderf said:

Well it's the history the canon novels describe, so...that's how it is?  I mean, you can get into more details if you REALLY want - how it was one of the Imperial Admirals at Jakku (Rax) that sabotaged the Imperial side to guarantee an end to the war before retreating into the outer regions to join the First Order, or that Mon Mothma more or less enabled the Resistance to exist despite wanting to 'reduce the fleet by 90%', or how much of the New Republic fleet survived outside the Hosnian system.

But I don't see how those details make any difference - the net effect is that, as of 'The Last Jedi' - it's the resurgent Empire forces from the Outer Rim, reformed as the First Order, vs Ackbar-and-Leia's "Resistance" forces acting as the only real line of defense of the New Republic planets.  That's the canonical point we're at going into the next movie.

..... Not sure what you're debating here. And no that isn't the timeline they give.

1 minute ago, Tirion said:

The official timeline of the GCV (which I think it starts to late) starts with the battle of scariff at 0BBY and ends with the galactic concordance (the treaty and disarmament) at 5ABY.

Yyyyyeah...that's literally exactly what I said.  The Battle of Endor is 4 ABY.  So the treaty and disarmament that happened as a result of the Battle of Jakku...was one year after Endor.

Just now, xanderf said:

Yyyyyeah...that's literally exactly what I said.  The Battle of Endor is 4 ABY.  So the treaty and disarmament that happened as a result of the Battle of Jakku...was one year after Endor.

My bad! For some reason I read that as 4 years after endor

6 minutes ago, Tirion said:

My bad! For some reason I read that as 4 years after endor

It is something about the new canon that I think a lot of folks get hung up on - the timeline is really aggressive in some ways.  I mean, they really made Palpatine into a petty little snot, having him craft this elaborate master-plan to ensure the entire Empire quickly collapses into ruin if he ever died.  But then the timeline basically does nothing for the remaining 29 years until TFA.  Just some rumors of the First Order building its forces in the Unknown Regions, the New Republic apparently disarming (the...what...ships they'd built in the few months after Endor and before Jakku?  Huh??), and a lot of arguing in the Senate about the role the military should play while Leia and Ackbar build up their private army.

So very different from how it went in the EU...

I'm unsure how it is "clear" that we will be seeing the Resurgent in wave 7, given FFG's past habits. The game is fairly well entrenched in the Galactic Civil War era, and FFG has had PLENTY of time to include TFA-era material in the form of squadron packs, and yet they instead chose to use more Legends material instead for the most recent packs. The E-wing, Phantom and Decimator are all still old EU material, after all.

The other major factor against the Resurgent, at least for wave 7, is that FFG is fairly unlikely to release a wave with only one vessel from the TFA era and the other from the GCW. Once we actually see some Alliance capital ships in the new trilogy? Sure, then we get to see just how aggressive FFG wants to be with model scaling in order the get the Resurgent onto a large base. Until then, however, I really do find it incredibly unlikely.

The fact that it's "ISD but twice the size and way better despite being made by people who have way less resources than the Empire did BECAUSE REASONS" makes me personally dislike the thing on principle, but that's not really relevant to the argument per se :lol:

4 minutes ago, Diabloelmo said:

The fact that it's "ISD but twice the size and way better despite being made by people who have way less resources than the Empire did BECAUSE REASONS" makes me personally dislike the thing on principle, but that's not really relevant to the argument per se :lol:

Disney is, if nothing else, terrified of taking real risks with an investment this large - so they are dead-set on re-treading the Original Trilogy story of a 'scrappy band of heroes fighting an overwhelmingly larger and more powerful enemy'...regardless of how little sense that makes.  They just want them to be totally-outmatched as a plot point.  (As such, I doubt we see anything but more fighter types and possibly Home One for the 'heroes' until the last movie...and the odds of FFG waiting that long to do ships from it feels pretty close to '0' to me)

I mean, I'm no fan of the new trilogy - rather an outspoken critic of it.  I'll watch them once, as it's Star Wars, but haven't bought them or any merch from them (I did totally go crazy for Rogue One, of course), and if the Finalizer is in the next wave for Armada...will rejoice, as I really don't have room in my collection for more ships, and a wave I can skip something in is great for the budget, too!

That said...I know I'm in the minority, here.  I mean, TFA made $2 BILLION in box office tickets, alone.  Merchandise sales are much harder to tally (and we don't know Disney's % take, anyway), but were on track to pass $5 billion THE YEAR THE MOVIE CAME OUT.

If you think FFG is going to pass on that because they don't have a good match for the Rebel side?  C'mon...ain't happenin'.  You may rest assured they are burning whatever midnight oil is needed, and have been since they got details on the ships in the movie, trying to figure out how to make it work in the game in a way that makes sense and works with their license.  Given Armada apparently has a longer development cycle than X-Wing does (comparing when we got our Gozanti, Interdictor, Quasar Fire, and Hammerhead to when they appeared on-screen), it was only ever going to be the next wave (at the soonest) before the Resurgent-class could have appeared.

So the question is really - 'will FFG release the Resurgent-class in the earliest wave it could be playtested and ready, or will they for some reason hold off on it because they don't like to make money?'

It's in wave 7.  Guaranteed.

Honestly, it's the MC75 that is the bigger question of the two.  Normally I'd say odds are very low - it's just too soon for them to have turned that ship around.  Arguments in favor of it, though, are interviews by FFG where they indicated they were getting a lot closer co-operation with Disney for 'Rogue One' than they did for Episode VII...as well as the relative obviousness of another Mon Cal ship (IE., it's not unlikely that FFG already had another Rebel Mon Cal-sized design already being worked on, before they had a name to attach to it).

Edited by xanderf

2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

It's in wave 7.  Guaranteed.

It'd be nice to be so certain, but unless you actually have evidence of that, it's merely an opinion. As is mine, which is why I only talk of likelihoods. I could be wrong, I could be right, but the only thing I know for absolute certain is that I don't work for FFG, and so I can only make educated guesses. So we shall see.