Crabbok

So excited for wave 7....

Home One's Canon size was originally twice the length of an ISD, and has been slowly shrinking over the last decade. Even the Rebels concept art shows it as longer than an ISD. Tis isn't the case with the MC75. I am also of the opinion that the MC80 Liberty just barely makes the large category and it is nearly the same size and shape as a Venator. I would also put the MC80A (wingless Liberty) in the medium category just from reduced volume compared to the Liberty. Length can't be the only factor for determining base size. Volume and durability should also play a role. 

Just my two credits.

The only way I really see another Imperial large ship (before a TFA+ wave) would be a sort of ISD3 and ISD4. The Empire was big on uniformity, but it is safe to assume that the ISDs had different variants. 

I vote Venator and Rebel One. 

On 6/28/2017 at 4:40 PM, Drasnighta said:

I agree - its harder to pick out what you'd see for the Empire, for a myriad of reasons...  

But I do feel the Empire Forces - as presented in the Original Trilogy (as a caveat) - wouldn't be "Complete" without Piett.

Then with Rebels, add "...and Thrawn".  That means 2 more Waves of stuff, at least...

Compiettion. 

3s0sV9y.jpg

Seeing what we have so far, I think we need another pair of Flotillas, A Rebel Medium, and an Imperial large. 

Rebels are easy; Dornean Gunship Flotilla, AF M1 Or MC-75 Medium.

Imperial? Tartan patrol cruiser Flotilla and ISD variant Large? Charger Variant Consular Flotilla and Venator Large? 

1 hour ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

3s0sV9y.jpg

Seeing what we have so far, I think we need another pair of Flotillas, A Rebel Medium, and an Imperial large. 

Rebels are easy; Dornean Gunship Flotilla, AF M1 Or MC-75 Medium.

Imperial? Tartan patrol cruiser Flotilla and ISD variant Large? Charger Variant Consular Flotilla and Venator Large? 

I would classify the Pelta as a Heavy small, but otherwise Nice visual chart!

54 minutes ago, LongLivetheAlliance said:

Hmm, I'm a fan of the idea of making the Dornean Gunship a flotilla. Perfect for anti-fighter attacks, plus it is smaller than a CR90. I'd only hope that the paint jobs incorporate more colors than the first two flotillas.

The Gozanti is perfectly painted...  Imperial Grey and not much else.  :)

1 hour ago, LongLivetheAlliance said:

Hmm, I'm a fan of the idea of making the Dornean Gunship a flotilla. Perfect for anti-fighter attacks, plus it is smaller than a CR90. I'd only hope that the paint jobs incorporate more colors than the first two flotillas.

I'm the president of this fan club. What worries me is their recent on screen showings had them a bit larger.

37 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

FFG should design a new large or new XL base imperial ship like the raider. Would solve the SSD issue.

And it would solve the Tector issue being: an ISD that lacks a hangar you won't even see in the table.

The reactor bulb is also removed on the Tectors, making it visually different from an ISD in profile. At that point FFG can make other minor changes to the original ISD sculpt so it can be instantly differentiated from an ISD on the table. This is an easy fix from my perspective, an cheaper than a 100% new sculpt from FFG's perspective. Plus, the idea that people won't buy a Tector or a ISD I resculpt, or even a massively expensive SSD model, just don't hold water for me. We are Star Wars fans and Wargamers, we fling money at our hobbies like it is rice at a wedding!

1 hour ago, cynanbloodbane said:

The reactor bulb is also removed on the Tectors, making it visually different from an ISD in profile. At that point FFG can make other minor changes to the original ISD sculpt so it can be instantly differentiated from an ISD on the table. This is an easy fix from my perspective, an cheaper than a 100% new sculpt from FFG's perspective. Plus, the idea that people won't buy a Tector or a ISD I resculpt, or even a massively expensive SSD model, just don't hold water for me. We are Star Wars fans and Wargamers, we fling money at our hobbies like it is rice at a wedding!

Yeah I guess they could tinker with ISD model but I'd prefer a different looking model altogether.

Personally I'm all for the SSD & the Eclipse as well. Fans seem to be pretty divided on the SSD size issue. I have to admit it would look kinda odd to see a scaled down SSD but I'd rather have it than not.

A new epic Imperial ship would not solve the SSD issue. The issue isn't that Armada needs an epic format, or that the Imperials specifically need epic ships. The issue is that the Executor is the most famous capital ship in ROTJ and even in the entire Star Wars cinematic history, and it doesn't have a model in Armada.

I do not believe we will see Sequel trilogy ships before summer 2018. there is just not enough of them revealed yet.

we are still waiting for stuff from the original trilogy:

Marauder class Corvette

DP-20 class Corellian Gunship

Dreadnought class Heavy Cruiser

Strike Class Cruiser

Assault Frigate Mk I

Vindicator class (SD) Heavy Cruiser (Interdictor uses this Space Frame)

Tector class Star Destroyer (Imperial class Variant)

Broadside class (use's the Gladiator Space Frame)

etc....

then there's the Prequel Trilogy (Venator Class, etc...)

and for those of you who don't like squadrons. I am sorry but there will be more coming.

I do not see them running out of option for ships anytime soon. to me the question is how many ships per wave and how many wave's a year.