Crabbok

So excited for wave 7....

55 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

We went over this when the Interdictor came out (and even got rare feedback from FFG and LFL on the matter!) - but not a lot of people were kind of present for it - so I'll rehash it here for people :D

In essence:  The Interdictor in Armada is not an Immobilizer.  It is not a Vindicator.  It is not a modified Star Destroyer.  It is an all new ship design that pulls on a lot of sources for its inspiration.

The Current Day Interdictor - as first seen on Rebels - is based on the Interdictors of the EU, but is talked-up, essentially, as a New, Unique Design, with a Unique Scaling.  It is Larger than the old Interdictor Cruisers, but is smaller than the Interdictor-Star Destroyers (but not by much) - Scaling Wise, a CR90 would also fit into its hangar bay - as was described and shown on Rebels.

The Interdictor in Armada is 100% based on the 3D Models of the Interdictor in Rebels.

Calling the Interdictor in Armada anything other than what it is ->  An Interdictor Cruiser, a new line and a new Ship, does it a disservice.

Immobilzer 418s are part of the Canon (mentioned in Tarkin), so we may still see them at some stage - but they're mentioned in Name only - there is no descriptive pictures.  We should be braced for them to look different than we would "expect" from the past, just in case they do decide to re-design them somewhat.

Does it kinda look like the way we'd expect a 418 to look?  Sure does.  Its Bigger though, and it has fewer engines than previously depicted, just for surface differences :)

But its a New Design - and has been touted by LFL and the crew of Rebels as a New Design that draws heavily on the other designs for its Inspiration.

^This is literally what I was saying. Thanks Dras, I appreciate the support.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

We went over this when the Interdictor came out (and even got rare feedback from FFG and LFL on the matter!) - but not a lot of people were kind of present for it - so I'll rehash it here for people :D

In essence:  The Interdictor in Armada is not an Immobilizer.  It is not a Vindicator.  It is not a modified Star Destroyer.  It is an all new ship design that pulls on a lot of sources for its inspiration.

The Current Day Interdictor - as first seen on Rebels - is based on the Interdictors of the EU, but is talked-up, essentially, as a New, Unique Design, with a Unique Scaling.  It is Larger than the old Interdictor Cruisers, but is smaller than the Interdictor-Star Destroyers (but not by much) - Scaling Wise, a CR90 would also fit into its hangar bay - as was described and shown on Rebels.

The Interdictor in Armada is 100% based on the 3D Models of the Interdictor in Rebels.

Calling the Interdictor in Armada anything other than what it is ->  An Interdictor Cruiser, a new line and a new Ship, does it a disservice.

Immobilzer 418s are part of the Canon (mentioned in Tarkin), so we may still see them at some stage - but they're mentioned in Name only - there is no descriptive pictures.  We should be braced for them to look different than we would "expect" from the past, just in case they do decide to re-design them somewhat.

Does it kinda look like the way we'd expect a 418 to look?  Sure does.  Its Bigger though, and it has fewer engines than previously depicted, just for surface differences :)

But its a New Design - and has been touted by LFL and the crew of Rebels as a New Design that draws heavily on the other designs for its Inspiration.

Yes... It obviously is inspired by the concept art of the iconoc Vindicator ship.

It is larger and the artists that did the Rebel series basically upscaled the old interdictor modell. 

They are probably going to start with Resistance and New Order subfactions soon. But for now, here is hoping for MC-75, Dornean... ... ... uh... Venator...? Time to go Legends! Strike Cruiser, why not? And the Assault Gunboat somewhere.

Edited by Knightcrawler

58 minutes ago, Knightcrawler said:

They are probably going to start with Resistance and New Order subfactions soon. But for now, here is hoping for MC-75, Dornean... ... ... uh... Venator...? Time to go Legends! Strike Cruiser, why not? And the Assault Gunboat somewhere.

I feel like if we get the assault gunboat before X wing does, theyd go postal.

17 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

What it looks most like is the image on the cover of The Essential Guide to Vehicles & Vessels:

il_340x270.1197026316_bx5z.jpg

with its deep wedge-shaped underside, among other things.

Later versions of the Immobilizer looked a bit different from the back - this one seems like the main basis for the Rebels one.

I feel like I read somewhere that they would only be doing civil war era, which would mean no new Cannon, but we've seen plenty from clone wars already so I think the obvious answer is the Venator.

but I'd like a tector or a vindicator.

2 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I think the Imperials need more lighter ships honestly. More variety would be pretty helpful.

They are supposed to be running the galaxy, how can they have less large options and more lighter ships than the rebels?

2 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I think the Imperials need more lighter ships honestly. More variety would be pretty helpful.

+1. More small/mediums would be nice. I'd love a Venator as a large, don't get me wrong, but like you say, more variation would be fun!

The Venator are basically the same size as the Interdictor so should be a medium class ship. I guess the MC80 are among the smaller ships on the scale for a Large ship.

I don't think that there are any Imperial ships (interesting enough) other than the ISD in the large category or is there?

The Venator was basically phased out of the Imperial fleet but a few were probably kept as patrol crafts in calmer areas.

Edited by jorgen_cab

I'd kill for a hint about whether Raddus and the MC75 Profundity are in Wave 7.

I think given the focus on the Galactic Civil War means that we won't be seeing many Clone Wars or Sequel Trilogy ships. Besides, there aren't that many canon ST-era capital ships at this point, so it would be nice for them to keep the focus on classic Rebel vs. Imperial ships.

I'd like to see the Resistance and First Order released as entirely unique factions, unable to be mixed in the same list as Rebels and Empire.  Not sure if Ep 8 is going to give us enough ships to go off of though. 

As far as non-Ep 8 stuff, I'm hoping for the MC 75 and Venator.  I'm still skeptical as to how well an SSD would play, cause either they have to scale it down both size and defensive wise that it really isn't the same ship, or the thing should cost so many points it cannot fit into a 400 point list and can barely make a complete U turn within the 6'x3' map size. 

Edited by Joe Censored

4 minutes ago, Joe Censored said:

I'd like to see the Resistance and First Order released as entirely unique factions, unable to be mixed in the same list as Rebels and Empire.  Not sure if Ep 8 is going to give us enough ships to go off of though. 

As far as non-Ep 8 stuff, I'm hoping for the MC 75 and Venator. 

I just don't see that happening when the current factions have such a lead and the new trilogy probably won't give us enough content to keep first order/resistance from mixing. 

6 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

I want to see the Venator released as a large, as it is a purpose built warship and the MC75 released as a medium, as it is a converted cruise ship. Add in a Brah-tok gunship Flotilla (spelling), and a an IPC small or Flotilla.  This would fill several needs in the game.

Home One was a converted Civilian ship too and is roughly the same size as the MC75. No reason why it should not also be a large base.

Edited by kayarn