Crabbok

So excited for wave 7....

I'm just happy there is going to be a wave 7.  FFG have done a great job with Armada so far, and I look forward to getting more funky stuff for it.  I'd like to see a wave with a space station for each faction though, and mission cards designed around attacking and defending them.  Should be pretty cool.

The only Imperial ship I want that has not yet been released is the Venator.

The only Rebel Ships I want that has not yet been released is the MC-75 and Dornean Gunship.

At this point I am not really interested in Sequel Trilogy ships as I do not think there are yet enough of them to make for interesting gameplay without mixing eras.

I would not have said this a year ago but to my own surprise I would be interested in a Prequel era ships and characters maybe with their own core set.

20 minutes ago, Swusn said:

I would not have said this a year ago but to my own surprise I would be interested in a Prequel era ships and characters maybe with their own core set.

As a vocal hater of the prequels, I did feel like the capital ships from the prequel era were still interesting and distinct.  My big problem, as in X-Wing, is when they start making "fixes" for older ships and releasing them with a new ship.  Even though I tend to buy one or two of everything, I feel bad when I meet that guy who has no idea APTs exist because he only plays Imps.

11 hours ago, Wilko215 said:

I would bet on FFG doing a Vindicator - they already have the basic designs for it - they just need to take the domes off the Interdictor.       Even if the Vindicator isn't quite canon, it's existence in canon is heavily implied (if be no other reason than the existence of the Interdictor).   The vindicator fits the scale of the game, and fills a niche, being more manoeuvrable than a Victory, and more robust than a Arquittens.

The new Interdictor has no relation to the Vindicator class cruiser. Vindicators were ~600m long, and were the chassis for Immobilizer 418, often called an Interdictor. This is a separate design from the modified Imperial class units that mounted gravity well projectors, and from the current Interdictor, a one-off design with no clear relative outside its KDY lineage. The new one we have is ~1100 meters long for scale. This is not to say we won't get the Vindicator (Lord knows Konstantine would drool all over it) but the Interdictor isn't a point one way or the other.

I am also 95% sure the Resurgent/Finalizer isn't on the docket. The thing is ~2600m in length IIRC, larger than an Allegiance class unit and so hilariously bigger than an Imperial it would herald the start of Armada's Epic format, which as I've stated elsewhere I don't think this game engine will handle gracefully. FFG is welcome to prove me wrong, but I've got my suspicions. 

Also, guys, do you really think @Wraithdt is going to come within a county mile of his NDA on FFG's own forums? Don't insult the man's intelligence.

And what about Third Faction maybe...? Nobody here wants Underworld to play it's part in this game? Zann Consortium as seen in EaW:FoC would be awesome :D

SSD is possible as something like "Epic" in X-wing... Not for standard tournaments, but for fun and bringing Emperor Palpatine, Warlord Zsinj and Ysanne Isard to Armada with"Executor" "Iron Fist" and "Lusankya" tittles

3 hours ago, Shwarrz said:

And what about Third Faction maybe...? Nobody here wants Underworld to play it's part in this game? Zann Consortium as seen in EaW:FoC would be awesome :D

No. Never. Xwing was fun as hell, and then scum came out and as far as I'm concerned ruined it. Resistance or First Order, yes. Maybe even *gasp* Separatists and Republic. But scum? Heck no. Keep only the two sides. 

On 6/28/2017 at 5:15 PM, Thraug said:

I'm thinking, and hoping, it'll be the Finalizer.

I'll throw in a 'hope', as well, only because I have no Episode VII stuff for X-Wing, either, and so it helps the budget a bit having ships out there I'm not buying.

But, yeah, that's my best guess - last two remaining 'iconic' ships from the last two movies that came out and are still not in the game.

MC75 for Rebels (Raddus as Admiral, Cassian or Jyn as crew)

Resurgent-class for Empire (General Hux as Admiral, Kylo Ren or Captain Phasma as crew)

...that seems, to me, the most likely next wave.

(I do somewhat expect an Executor-class with Piett, at some point, but I've always felt that this could ONLY work as a 3-ft 'Epic'-sort of ship that changes the rules of the game to have it on the table...and so would not be part of a 'wave')

12 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

The new Interdictor has no relation to the Vindicator class cruiser. Vindicators were ~600m long, and were the chassis for Immobilizer 418, often called an Interdictor. This is a separate design from the modified Imperial class units that mounted gravity well projectors, and from the current Interdictor, a one-off design with no clear relative outside its KDY lineage. The new one we have is ~1100 meters long for scale. This is not to say we won't get the Vindicator (Lord knows Konstantine would drool all over it) but the Interdictor isn't a point one way or the other.

I am also 95% sure the Resurgent/Finalizer isn't on the docket. The thing is ~2600m in length IIRC, larger than an Allegiance class unit and so hilariously bigger than an Imperial it would herald the start of Armada's Epic format, which as I've stated elsewhere I don't think this game engine will handle gracefully. FFG is welcome to prove me wrong, but I've got my suspicions. 

Also, guys, do you really think @Wraithdt is going to come within a county mile of his NDA on FFG's own forums? Don't insult the man's intelligence.

The Interdictor was a "type" of warships and not actually a specific class but the Immobilizer 418 are the one depicted in the game (or at least very similar in appearance) and the most Iconic of the Interdictor type ships.

The Vindicator look exactly like the Interdictor they used in the game with the grav well domes removed but perhaps smaller.

Some Vindicators was converted to Interdictor type ships and many where likely sold and converted to other types of ships for other factions. But the Empire did not retain many Vindicator heavy cruisers in active service.

Edited by jorgen_cab

5 hours ago, jorgen_cab said:

The Interdictor was a "type" of warships and not actually a specific class but the Immobilizer 418 are the one depicted in the game (or at least very similar in appearance) and the most Iconic of the Interdictor type ships.

The Vindicator look exactly like the Interdictor they used in the game with the grav well domes removed but perhaps smaller.

Some Vindicators was converted to Interdictor type ships and many where likely sold and converted to other types of ships for other factions. But the Empire did not retain many Vindicator heavy cruisers in active service.

We went over this when the Interdictor came out (and even got rare feedback from FFG and LFL on the matter!) - but not a lot of people were kind of present for it - so I'll rehash it here for people :D

In essence:  The Interdictor in Armada is not an Immobilizer.  It is not a Vindicator.  It is not a modified Star Destroyer.  It is an all new ship design that pulls on a lot of sources for its inspiration.

The Current Day Interdictor - as first seen on Rebels - is based on the Interdictors of the EU, but is talked-up, essentially, as a New, Unique Design, with a Unique Scaling.  It is Larger than the old Interdictor Cruisers, but is smaller than the Interdictor-Star Destroyers (but not by much) - Scaling Wise, a CR90 would also fit into its hangar bay - as was described and shown on Rebels.

The Interdictor in Armada is 100% based on the 3D Models of the Interdictor in Rebels.

Calling the Interdictor in Armada anything other than what it is ->  An Interdictor Cruiser, a new line and a new Ship, does it a disservice.

Immobilzer 418s are part of the Canon (mentioned in Tarkin), so we may still see them at some stage - but they're mentioned in Name only - there is no descriptive pictures.  We should be braced for them to look different than we would "expect" from the past, just in case they do decide to re-design them somewhat.

Does it kinda look like the way we'd expect a 418 to look?  Sure does.  Its Bigger though, and it has fewer engines than previously depicted, just for surface differences :)

But its a New Design - and has been touted by LFL and the crew of Rebels as a New Design that draws heavily on the other designs for its Inspiration.