Jump to content
Crabbok

So excited for wave 7....

Recommended Posts

Just now, Crabbok said:

Like this one ?

darren-tan-battle-of-orinda-da.jpg?14748

 

Oh could you imagine that on your tabletop?!?!? 

No, and that's the problem I have with it :D

 

I mean, I don't begrudge people who want it...   But I think in order to fit it until a 400 (or even 500) point game...  Its going to be so compromised in capability that its just not going to feel like a Super Star Destroyer...

So no, no it doesn't excite me.  Sorry. :)

 

I am very much more interested in "overall concepts" rather than specifics - for example, the lack of a mid-sized Blue-Die-Boat for the Rebels (in the armament vein of the Interdictor)...   Something that can really utilise Ion based upgrades without being leading shots or a CR90B :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

Like this one ?

darren-tan-battle-of-orinda-da.jpg?14748

 

Oh could you imagine that on your tabletop?!?!? 

 

14 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

No, and that's the problem I have with it :D

 

I mean, I don't begrudge people who want it...   But I think in order to fit it until a 400 (or even 500) point game...  Its going to be so compromised in capability that its just not going to feel like a Super Star Destroyer...

So no, no it doesn't excite me.  Sorry. :)

 

I am very much more interested in "overall concepts" rather than specifics - for example, the lack of a mid-sized Blue-Die-Boat for the Rebels (in the armament vein of the Interdictor)...   Something that can really utilise Ion based upgrades without being leading shots or a CR90B :D

I'm sympathetic to both of these viewpoints. On the one hand, I really really want Star Dreadnoughts on the table. It would be EPIC. On the other hand, the Armada game engine has some practical limitations that I think FFG built in early to control the game's meta more easily down the road that prevent this from being practical today, even with some 800/1000/other large number point format of the game. I really just want something though that lets me play with these ships, like Empire at War, but larger in every dimension. More planets, bigger (space) maps (ground combat was enough of a slog thank you), more ship types of greater sizes, more everything. I'm hopeful that Thrawn's Ascendancy (a Sins of the Solar Empire mod) will be able to scratch that itch for me, because all of my experiments, thought and table, have shown fairly conclusively that if you want that kind of scaling, you need to start with greater number ranges, a la Dropfleet Commander or Halo Fleet Battles. For Wave 7 itself, I'd like the Imperial offering to be the Venator, preferably close to @DiabloAzul's final iteration, but I'm not laying wagers on it. I do expect the MC75, a beautiful ship in its own right, and maybe the Dornean gunship (easier to spell), though past that, whether from Legends or the new material Lucasfilm is building in the new alternate timeline, I expect FFG will have to start introducing ships less familiar to the playerbase. We'll see what they have hidden up that corporate sleeve of theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it will be a pre-Christmas wave I wouldn't be surprised if it would have 4 ships. Venator and mayben an ISD for the Imps to equalize in big bases as Rebels would get the MC75 and something else.

But as always I'm hoping for cross-faction Dreadnoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Will they do another ISD?  Will they do the Carrion Spike?  Will it be the Venator?   Will it be a Super Star Destroyer also?

 

I would bet on FFG doing a Vindicator - they already have the basic designs for it - they just need to take the domes off the Interdictor.       Even if the Vindicator isn't quite canon, it's existence in canon is heavily implied (if be no other reason than the existence of the Interdictor).   The vindicator fits the scale of the game, and fills a niche, being more manoeuvrable than a Victory, and more robust than a Arquittens.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I like the Vindicator... the problem is that the Empire more or less converted them all to Interdictors since the Vindicator where a carrier which didn't fit well into the new doctrine of the Imperial fleet.

But I like the Vindicator as a ship and would not be sad to see it in the game.

Edited by jorgen_cab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I only hope that they stick to the original trilogy for now and wait to start bringing in ships like the resurgent class.  Stick with the ot for now please.  

Way more than half the ships/squads already in Armada are not part of the original trilogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where will the announcements at Gencon be? I'm going this year on Thursday and Friday for the NA Championship (still 20+ slots left....) and would love to go watch. I could not find anything on the events page about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamie nasmyth said:

Where will the announcements at Gencon be? I'm going this year on Thursday and Friday for the NA Championship (still 20+ slots left....) and would love to go watch. I could not find anything on the events page about it. 

Going by their history.  Their announcements will be them putting copies of them in the display cabinet :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...