Crabbok

So excited for wave 7....

I'm going nuts with excitement!  

Every other time I could easily say that I KNEW certain things were coming.   Maybe not exactly when and in what form... but it was always pretty easy to assume that anything that showed up in Rebels was going to come here sooner or later.   We knew the hammerhead was coming... we knew the Quasar was coming....  maybe not exactly WHEN but we knew.   

Now, for Wave 7 I finally have a feeling of not knowing (Only for the Empire).  Will they do another ISD?  Will they do the Carrion Spike?  Will it be the Venator?   Will it be a Super Star Destroyer also?  Rebels are easy as there's still multiple available ships for them, and I'd bet that either the Dornean Gunship or MC-75 are in the next wave.....    But the Empire is shrouded in mystery right now and I've never been more hyped!  

Am I the only one who feels like this?   I mean, it feels different this time.   Like, I don't have a really good strong warm fuzzy about any particular option.... I don't feel super confident on any of them yet.   

Maybe that listening ship... but that seems too weak unless it's part of a 4 ships wave.  

Oh the hype!   

I agree - its harder to pick out what you'd see for the Empire, for a myriad of reasons...  

But I do feel the Empire Forces - as presented in the Original Trilogy (as a caveat) - wouldn't be "Complete" without Piett.

Then with Rebels, add "...and Thrawn".  That means 2 more Waves of stuff, at least...

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I agree - its harder to pick out what you'd see for the Empire, for a myriad of reasons...  

But I do feel the Empire Forces - as presented in the Original Trilogy (as a caveat) - wouldn't be "Complete" without Piett.

Then with Rebels, add "...and Thrawn".  That means 2 more Waves of stuff, at least...

Exactly!  And that's just for now.  I have a sneaking suspicion we'll eventually see Gov Price, and others in those roles as well, but I'd be really scared / annoyed if we saw Piett AND Thrawn in the same pack.   

Just now, Church14 said:

I'm expecting that we'll get the wave 7 reveal at gencon. Should be interesting. 

I suppose also, but I'm REALLY hoping it's before that.   

Like, I'd like a Wave 7 reveal THIS Friday, and then maybe something else revealed at Gen Con. Like the Executor, or a new campaign box with "Stolen" ship cards and cardboard, to allow for espoinage, and new titles for old ships, etc.  

Xwing doesn't include re-skins or epic ships as part of a wave, so unless they break with precedent the SSD and the Chimera wouldn't be released alongside the MC75 or Dornean gunship. The EU Dreadnaught is my guess for the next 'normal' Imperial ship.

5 minutes ago, bleezy said:

Xwing doesn't include re-skins or epic ships as part of a wave, so unless they break with precedent the SSD and the Chimera wouldn't be released alongside the MC75 or Dornean gunship. The EU Dreadnaught is my guess for the next 'normal' Imperial ship.

Right... but they did ALMOST the same thing with the Liberty.   If they make a small modification to the ISD they can market it as an ISD1 or Prototype ISD, or Rear-Detachment ISD, or something like that.  

1 hour ago, bleezy said:

Sir I really hope you are correct.

For the first time, maybe a dual faction ship like the Dreadnaught.

Or what could be great too for Rebel's is a CC-7700 Frigate (Interdictor). This way both faction will have this option.

If we want a solution against squadron, they could give us a Lancer for the Imperial Navy and a Corellian Gunship for the Reb's. I know that the Lancer is supposed to be supplanted by the Raider but it could be something slower but with better AA. Maybe this could be a new set of flotilla? Why not ;)

32 minutes ago, FoaS said:

My money is on the Tector

I could see the Tector as a variant ISD card, using the existing ISD model, perhaps released through a campaign. Nothing more though. (Please FFG, nothing more! It doesn't deserve a whole release dedicated to it!!) - Actually, the ISD1 and ISD2 should have been released as 2 separate ships. ISD 1 with 2 variants (maybe an Imperial-class Star Destroyer and an Imperial-class Command Ship?) and ISD 2 with the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer and the Tector. That would have been the best way to do things. But that's water under the bridge.

For myself, I'm hoping for a Venator or an ISD1 sculpt with the Chimera title and Thrawn as the admiral. For rebels, an MC75. Double large ships. If we have a 4 ship wave (unlikely but possible), I expect the Dornean gunship for Rebels as well - probably a combat or AA flotilla. I don't know what the Imps could get in that case. It's almost certain that we won't get anything from the EU - no Dreadnoughts, no Assault Frigate Mk Is, no Carracks, no Lancers. That's all Legends, and with the exception of a few aces, I wouldn't expect any Legends stuff for Armada anymore. Could be wrong - but there's not a whole lot actually worth grabbing from that pile. At least, not without major remodeling. (The assault frigate Mk I is an exception to that statement - that's a beautiful ship)

I'm really not sure what Imperial ship will be coming other than the SSD, but I do agree that Thrawn and Piett will be coming, Piett will be on the SSD and with the rebels series coming to an end I think that Thrawn will be a more likely candidate than Piett this upcoming wave so no SSD this wave, but I could be wrong.  I feel that the announcement will be at Gen Con, but I would be pleasantly surprised if we got an announcement earlier.