Tom Cruise

PDFs?

Given that FFG has done PDFs of all their other games, it's a safe bet they'll release PDFs of the Genesys books.  Like you said, the issue with Star Wars is the way the license is set up, which is something that FFG won't have to deal with since they own the IP for this system.

God I hope so.  I'm visually impaired, so my single biggest complain about the Star Wars system has been the font in the books, and the lack of PDF's.  Their choice of fonts is terribly hard to read text, and because there's no PDF released I can't just (legally) throw it on my iPad and magnify it.

Just now, Split Light said:

God I hope so.  I'm visually impaired, so my single biggest complain about the Star Wars system has been the font in the books, and the lack of PDF's.  Their choice of fonts is terribly hard to read text, and because there's no PDF released I can't just (legally) throw it on my iPad and magnify it.

I am not visually impaired in any serious form (I wear glasses, big whoop) and I share your complaint.  I bought 2 book magnifiers and my wife teases me for using them.  It's not just the size, it's the colors and the thickness of the lines combined.  The white text on green in particular comes to mind.  It looks great, but man, it's hard for me to read. 

Came here to ask this. My biggest problem with the SWRPG is not having PDF options. I don't have the room to keep books like that anymore and with my aging eyesight being able to control the display size is invaluable to me. Crossing fingers we get proper PDFs for the Genesys line.

I suspect that since most of the RPGs done by FFG are available in Digital this will be too, like a few others I will buy both. Nothing beats being able to skim through a real book, but for reading cover to cover and reading the move give me digital.

46 minutes ago, syrath said:

I suspect that since most of the RPGs done by FFG are available in Digital this will be too, like a few others I will buy both. Nothing beats being able to skim through a real book, but for reading cover to cover and reading the move give me digital.

Yeah, I'm on record saying I'd do that for SWRPG, I can't imagine not doing the same for this line if it is as good as we expect! 

To be honest, as I have adapted to make my own PDFs by now, I am actually fine with just hardcover books. As long as they are on time in my FLGS.  Still, FFG pdfs are a given as this is original IP for them and there is a real demand for PDFs. 

I have the PDFs of the End of the World line that Fantasy Flight put on DriveThruRPG.  They are sufficiently advanced in that the table of contents is clickable to redirect you to its intended section.

As FFG has put that and the L5R line on DTRPG, I anticipate they'll do the same for Genesys.  My recollection is that it took 1-2 months after release to arrive on DTRPG.  I haven't picked up any of the physical copies of tEotW, but I definitely will for a generic version of the SWEotE.

Nice to be able to get PDFs, for many of the reasons articulated above, but also to simply avoid FFG's outrageous delivery charges. $40 (US) for the Genesys Core book, $48 (US) for delivery to Australia. Nobody else charges ridiculous delivery fees like this. The same size book coming from Paizo is around $13 (US) for delivery. 

14 minutes ago, Daronil said:

Nice to be able to get PDFs, for many of the reasons articulated above, but also to simply avoid FFG's outrageous delivery charges. $40 (US) for the Genesys Core book, $48 (US) for delivery to Australia. Nobody else charges ridiculous delivery fees like this. The same size book coming from Paizo is around $13 (US) for delivery. 

In addition, like it happened to me when ordering the AoR Beta, it got stuck in the customs, got lost, reappeared and the delivery service told me it can only act if FFG contacted them. It was finally returned to FFG without me being informed and I lost all of the money. :angry:

has anyone looked at the updated pdf release from "Dec 13" ?

... seams to be missing all the bookmark outlines but is much smaller (16 MB vs 40 MB)

Edited by Terefang

19 hours ago, Terefang said:

has anyone looked at the updated pdf release from "Dec 13" ?

... seams to be missing all the bookmark outlines but is much smaller (16 MB vs 40 MB)

sI noted that too, and I ran them through a free pdf-diff (difference finder) that said they were identical.  A smaller file loads and turns pages much more quickly on a lesser tablet, so I appreciate that change.