TwiceBorn

Genesys Midnight?

I agree !

we've been waiting for a long time for its return.

would be nice to get a word from the team. In the meantime, it'll be good idea to contact the original authors of the game.

What's so great about the setting?

I played the midnight board game FFG did and I bought the movie during the holiday sale for $1 (but I haven't got around to watching it yet).

If this came out as a setting for genesys why should I be interested?

On 7/7/2017 at 1:11 PM, mulletcheese said:

What's so great about the setting?

I played the midnight board game FFG did and I bought the movie during the holiday sale for $1 (but I haven't got around to watching it yet).

If this came out as a setting for genesys why should I be interested?

The RPG is probably my favourite campaign setting bar none, and it had unique rules added on to the d20 chassis that really supported the setting's flavour. Like Simon Retold said, it's essentially Middle Earth if Sauron won. 

The books and the majority of the artwork were gorgeous (in a bleak/oppressive way). 

The movie does not do justice to the Midnight brand, at all. And while I have Runebound Midnight, I have never gotten around to playing it (too many games, so little time!)... but it's my understanding that it was one of the weaker Runebound expansions.

I'm sure if I told my friends that I was going to resurrect our Midnight campaign from a few years back (or even start a new one), they would be all in.