Richardbuxton

Community Theme Ideas

187 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2017 at 7:15 PM, TechnoGolem said:

There actually is a My Little Pony RPG. I remember seeing it on a list of new games being released. Think that was a month or so ago.

There is this one for your immediate enlightenment (or possible enjoyment) :P

http://www.roleplayingismagic.com/

On 13/09/2017 at 2:49 PM, CitizenKeen said:

I woke up last night and realized what I want to do with Genesys: Dream Park meets Ready Player One.

The ideas are just pouring out, and I've just had coffee so they're kicking in to high gear.

The Mass Effect universe is a good litmus test for a kitchen sink / generic RPG. Can it do melee combat? Guns? Starships? Powerful psionics? Diplomacy?

Been reading a Sword Art Online style series along the same lines as your Dream Park meets Ready Player One idea, seriously interested to see how that would work in a Genesys game!

16 minutes ago, copperbell said:

Been reading a Sword Art Online style series along the same lines as your Dream Park meets Ready Player One idea, seriously interested to see how that would work in a Genesys game!

Chronicling my work here.

6 hours ago, Endersai said:

I only saw an episode or two, but the Netflix show Sense8 had a pretty interesting premise...

I saw 1.5 seasons, and while it's an interesting premise, it doesn't require any system rules beyond "vanilla modern day". You could run it out of the box as "Modern Day + the whole Sense8 thing."

Did somebody mention Alien?

And generally historical settings, like the ancient times, american civil war and the like. Regarding such settings I am curious if there is a mass combat system for the narrative dice system?

'Lead by Example' has, I believe, the most robust ruleset for Mass Combat. The AoR GM screen has a watered down version and some of the published adventures include it, but tend to have pre-determined dice pools.

DarthDude and ZorinIchiona like this

Working on a quick and rough Call of Cthulhu conversion. Just enough to get my group started and to build it slowly as we play, spells and entities are introduced etc.

Call of Cthulhu

Edited by Gallows

On 9/21/2017 at 7:08 AM, CitizenKeen said:

I saw 1.5 seasons, and while it's an interesting premise, it doesn't require any system rules beyond "vanilla modern day". You could run it out of the box as "Modern Day + the whole Sense8 thing."

The thing I though about reinforcing the show's theme in a game for a single character representing the pod - you have one primary character but have different skills assigned to someone else in your pod, so when you use it, you show personality traits of that character.  And maybe some sort of "clairsentience" like power to know what was going on with others around the world.  Effectively play an entire pod, but have one focus character.

In Genesys, this could be a great explanation for triumph and despair, hugely bad roll, the wrong person from the pod shows up...

Preview for my Stargate 1963 setting. There is more written than just this preview but it is still being expanded upon. Once I get the lore, species, and first few adventures written I will put out the Alpha, then once Genesys drops I will get a rule filled beta.

This is a VERY rough draft so please excuse any grammatical and spelling issues.

Stargate 1963 Sourcebook Preview.pdf

DarthDude likes this

I personally want to do something Mobile Suit Gundam or Ace Combat with Genesys.

Just need to see how vehicular combat is going to work, since there's going to be lots of it.

DarthDude and c__beck like this

14 hours ago, satkaz said:

I personally want to do something Mobile Suit Gundam or Ace Combat with Genesys.

Just need to see how vehicular combat is going to work, since there's going to be lots of it.

Hopefully better than Star Wars.. Jeez..

I'm thinking of running an Armored Core game, so I'm pretty interested too!

DarthDude likes this