Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Lizards

Imperial ARC and V-Wing Wanted, Unboxed or in blister pack

Just read Thrawn for the first time. Loved it. Now that I know that V-Wings were used alongside early TIEs and aging ARCs and Eta-2s, I WANT ALL FOUR, but especially the V-Wing and ARC. We already know the ARC is cool, and technically, an Imperial one could use the title, although they would almost definitely errata that, so 2 attack, 1 defense, 6 hull 3 shields, sounds like a reworking of the TIE Punisher! And V-Wings could easily become similar to how Interceptors were/are=too expensive for swarms, but cheap enough to make named pilots VERY effective. Thoughts?

Edited by Celestial Lizards

I've suggested the V Wing before, but I suspect FFG is waiting on that one.  They have the Episode 8 ships to work on now.  If the Han Solo movie doesn't pull a Rogue One giving us a new TIE design, they could go for it at that time.  If they don't then Episode 9 will be right around the corner with likely more new FO ships. 

As for the ARC, they should have probably made it a dual pack from the beginning like with the new bomber coming out, but they hadn't done that before so can't blame them.  I would have liked to see the 4 named rebel pilots and then the imperials get 1 low PS generic.  I bet they are uncomfortable giving the imperials a droid slot though, putting them in a tight position.  FFG would have to decide if imperials really can run R2-D2, errata most of the existing droids to Rebel Only, or do what they did with scum faction by inventing another nonsensically incompatible imperial droid slot.  The only way I could see them delivering it would be in some new aces pack or individual blister, which means they will have to provide a slew of new pilots now. 

Rebel ARC-170 is a mistake, in regard to the lore : no source mentions that the Rebellion used this former republican ship (Norra Wexley is a Y-Wing pilot, Shara Bay a A-Wing pilot, Thane Kyrell a X-Wing pilot and Braylen Stramm a B-Wing pilot). While many sources confirm an imperial use after the Clone Wars (Thrawn and Tarkin novels, some comics).

Edited by Wedge Nantillais