Sign in to follow this  
ripper998

Shiney new ships, how many are you purchasing?

Talking with the wife this morning trying to plan out my purchase of the new shiny triangles that are available next week, and I am not sure how many to get.  Am curious to see what other people are doing. 

I know the hammerheads are ones people will be buying multiple multiples of because of the nature of them, but the Quaser I am not sure about.  Such a squishy ship whose function is mainly a carrier, I cant see ever needing more than two. 

What are your plans?

I am in for one of each.  I really think the quasar will pair well with a few ships and the hammerheads, I will probably pick up another set down the road, but want to test the waters with them first.

My rule is two typically.  Small ships I'll do 3 sometimes. But for HH I'll end up with 4 so all set there. For home one and pheonix home I did 1. Though now that I'm experimenting with assault peltas maybe I'll get another some day. 

One of each pack until I figure out what I'll be doing with them. I haven't really found a great thing with the Hammerheads, but I could see picking more of them up. The Quasar... I doubt the need for two unless cards are useful/sale.

2x Hammerhead packs: Cant get enough of small ships ;) More canon fodder to the ISD ship grinder :P

1x Quasar pack: Its the same catagory as the Interdictor, its function is too special, that there is no justification to have two of them in my Imperial fleet -_-

Edited by Kiwi Rat

1 hour ago, Hawktel said:

I think just 1 light carrier for me. And no Hammerheads unless there is something spectacular in the box that hasn't been introduced yet.

Those external racks are pretty spectacular.

7 hours ago, ripper998 said:

Talking with the wife this morning trying to plan out my purchase of the new shiny triangles that are available next week, and I am not sure how many to get.  Am curious to see what other people are doing. 

I know the hammerheads are ones people will be buying multiple multiples of because of the nature of them, but the Quaser I am not sure about.  Such a squishy ship whose function is mainly a carrier, I cant see ever needing more than two. 

What are your plans?

I'm definitely starting with one of each, and seeing what cards are included (and what Quad Batteries do) before making any more decisions.

More answers:

one of each, we here abouts don't have a problem using photo copies of cards on a sheet of paper. :) and if I need more then one of the new ships the guy I'm playing will have one he is not using because he will be fielding the other side. ( We also never play blue on blue games)

Edited by ouzel

20 minutes ago, benskywalker said:

3 Quasars and 2 HH, because once time permits I fully intend to play through a 3v3 campaign even if I have to provide all the ships myself. Also because I love Star Wars and I love spaceships.

I'm trying to organize a campaign with some friends but time is just not there for me right now. I would be providing all the ships as my friends think the game is fun but are not interested or don't have the money to buy there own stuff. Not sure if it will be a 2v2 or 3v3. My sister in-law says she and her boyfriend friend want to play but my wife says they don't. If only someone could just tell me what they actually think I could figure that out at least.