patox

[PREDICTIONS] Guesses for Wave 12?

can we get a "tipping the scales" pack that realeases cost corrected pilot cards for imbalanced ships, errata'd upgrade cards, and new models of the ships they scaled wrong? cause holy **** is it ridiculous that the Upsilons bridge is thinner than an x-wings nose cone. like Kylo is standing up in there but its less than a meter tall? also, fatty-ginormo-final-form A-wing with the 3 meter long windshield needs some help

13 hours ago, gabe69velasquez said:

GR75 Medium Transport -  90 meters, in 390 scale is  23 cm.

Kom'rk-class fighter - 52.3 meters...

Millennium Falcon - 34.75 meters, in 270 scale is 12.8 cm.

I suspect you haven't check their length in pixels and compared the ratios of the canon measurements.  Since they are canon measurements in pixel ratio they aren't graphically wrong, you're saying the canon measurements are wrong, which I don't care if they are, but their canon (What FFG used!) which makes you wrong. 

If you mean to say the canon size of the GR75 Medium Transport's bridge is too small,  everybody who cares already knows that, you have to complain to Lucasfilms or Disney, that's the size they designed them and the size they consider canon.  Have you compared the GR75 & Falcon miniatures lately; no you haven't or you wouldn't even be going there.  If you are saying the GR75 shouldn't be less than double the length of the Falcon, then your complaint is with FFG, they created a new scale just for the GR75.

20140511_120212.jpg

Take a look at the cockpit of the Falcon and the bridge of the GR75, you think reality is wrong hey? LOL

I'm still entirely certain you don't understand that they are comparisons of different scales and therefore not wrong.  The point of an image where the Kom is in 1:390 scale and the Falcon is in 1:270 scale is to show that they Kom doesn't belong in any Epic scale.  As I said your 4x area size ratio is wrong, and you've since changed your estimate to ~2.5x area size ratio as I suggested.  But that is only a good estimate in the same scale, 1:270.   If you could prove I was wrong with math of your own to counter the math I've used then what you write might be worth reading, but as it is you have no more than a 14 point reputation over a whole year of being a member, and so I think your just getting off on trolling people who can do comparisons like the one I did.

i havent changed my ratio to agree with you, much to your egos chagrin. your graphic is still misleading because it isnt depicting them in the same scale. also, the gr75 isnt 90 meters long. that was a misprint thats been corrected. if that length were accurate it would make its 4 crewman bridge module with an elevator less than 2 meters by 1 meter(the size of a double bed). look at a schematic of the gr75s bridge... seriously.

3 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

can we get a "tipping the scales" pack that realeases cost corrected pilot cards for imbalanced ships, errata'd upgrade cards, and new models of the ships they scaled wrong? cause holy **** is it ridiculous that the Upsilons bridge is thinner than an x-wings nose cone. like Kylo is standing up in there but its less than a meter tall? also, fatty-ginormo-final-form A-wing with the 3 meter long windshield needs some help

The Thing you are calling a "bridge' on the U-shuttle is actually a warning light.  (final lines of text before "History" section)

12 hours ago, Odanan said:

Yes, it's big. But maybe someday FFG decides to go for larger epics? The Light Cruiser would be a great rival for a Rebel Nebulon-B... 

36192414082_31bc3aaaf4_o.jpg

(c) Kevin Soloman > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155333264871014&set=p.10155333264871014&type=3&theater

11 hours ago, JJFDVORAK said:

Exactly. People always say the Hwk-290 is to small, myself included. Then I went back and watched all the cutscenes from JK, and I realized that the size is almost spot on. Also after watching those cutscenes, my real issue with the HWK-290 is that if flys like a brick. In those cutscenes, it flys really good. 

Most possibly the felt sorry and awful after creating the Lambda (who was though as counterpart).

3 minutes ago, xstormtrooperx said:

Most possibly the felt sorry and awful after creating the Lambda (who was though as counterpart).

A somewhat reasonable thought process. Still doesn't quell my frustration at how horribly the HWK was maligned. I could even take the 1 attack die if it just had an appropriate dial.

22 hours ago, Odanan said:

Yes, it's big. But maybe someday FFG decides to go for larger epics? The Light Cruiser would be a great rival for a Rebel Nebulon-B... 

8 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Wow is that a beautiful model! That would be even better as an Arquitens light cruiser!

35970286370_315cbb82b6_o.jpg

36230435761_99dcf26463_o.jpg

(c) Macross_VF1 >http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/Macross_VF1/media/cGF0aDpBcnF1aXRlbnMvQ29tcGFyaXNvbkltcHMuanBn/?ref=1

Edited by gabe69velasquez

10 minutes ago, gabe69velasquez said:

That one is nice too. Looks doable for this game, don't you guys think? 

(and of course the official product would look even better, with the level of detail seen in the Raider)  

11 hours ago, SabineKey said:

A somewhat reasonable thought process. Still doesn't quell my frustration at how horribly the HWK was maligned. I could even take the 1 attack die if it just had an appropriate dial.

It was also to balance the turret, the hawk is still the cheapest turret platform and the HWK was a wierd ship in that it was designed to never not have a turret but still not be a PWT, they've admitted that this was in retrospect a mistake. However small based ships with turret access always have limited dials to balance them out so they can't easily dodge arcs without ever having to worry about not getting a shot. The attack shuttle is really the only possible exception and even it has four red turns on it's dial.

Its the cheapest turret by a whopping 1pt, and its top pilot is overcosted.

Aggressor has a 2die primary, better dial, and a barrelroll for 1pt. Tbh im surprised the HWK never got a rerelease (other than scum variation) to give it a title to either fix its main gun, improve its green economy, give it another action, or all the above.

1 hour ago, Princezilla said:

It was also to balance the turret, the hawk is still the cheapest turret platform and the HWK was a wierd ship in that it was designed to never not have a turret but still not be a PWT, they've admitted that this was in retrospect a mistake. However small based ships with turret access always have limited dials to balance them out so they can't easily dodge arcs without ever having to worry about not getting a shot. The attack shuttle is really the only possible exception and even it has four red turns on it's dial.

17 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Its the cheapest turret by a whopping 1pt, and its top pilot is overcosted.

Aggressor has a 2die primary, better dial, and a barrelroll for 1pt. Tbh im surprised the HWK never got a rerelease (other than scum variation) to give it a title to either fix its main gun, improve its green economy, give it another action, or all the above.

Vineheart made most of my points for me. 

I also find the idea that it was balanced for the turret a poor excuse as at the time of it's release, the only options it had were the Ion and the Blaster Turret, both of which have issues. 

Yeah, to fix the HWK up like it should be would increase the price, but I'd take to have one of my favorite ships actually represented like it should be.

On 26/06/2017 at 5:27 PM, Superstrength79 said:

Does Scum really need a new ship right now?  Maybe they can sit a wave out.

They don't need another do-everything (large) ship, that's for sure. 

But the Rogue-class Starfighter would be cool.

Rebels: N-1 starfighter or Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor

Imperial: Ye-4 gunship or Belbullab-22 starfighter

Scum: M22-T Krayt Gunship or Rihkxyrk Assault Fighter

The dream:

Empire: TIE Reaper, large based ship, akin to the (scum) Aggressor. Maneuverable, agile ship, with a punch to pack. Krennic in the set, with some new, powerful mechanic that synergizes well with many empire ships (and not just has The One configuration where it just reaches acceptable utility to include in a list). Second generic has an EPT slot, possibly PS4. Black Squadron something? (we want to have fun too, dangit) At least 1 unique pilot should be at least good, possibly amazing.

Rebels: Kinda tough, most ships are used, and I'd prefer to leave prequel stuff out of the game as much as possible. They are so out of ideas that they take any driftwood as straws to catch onto. I guess they could get a Protectorate, just to irk scum players, with Sabine as one of the pilots naturally. They would also get a different 0 point title, Rebel only, while the scum title would become scum only, to differentiate between the two.

Scum: A darkened blister, coated with a special material preventing any type of scanning of its contents prior to opening. As soon as the blister opens, a sinister hiss of gasses erupts from it, with red haze radiating from the middle. As the mists disappear, the haze is revealed to be a small screen showing numbers counting backwards. When the timer hits 0, approximately 5 seconds after opening, the message "E Chuta!" shows, before the thermal detonator activates, utterly destroying the traitorous and weak willed...

Otherwise, dunno. I'm kinda fine with a mining guild TIE, provided they change it sufficiently. (maybe no speed 5 forward, and 1 hard turn is red?) It can even have an illicit slot. Actually, I don't care what ship they get, I want a Buzz Droid illicit slot for them. Drops an obstacle as a reveal bomb, overlapping the obstacle causes 2 stress and removes it from play.

With TLJ coming soon, I think this wave will be more like Wave 8, with extra ships. So...

Empire: TIE Silencer and TIE Reaper. Silencer may be large base, we just don't know. TIE Reaper deserves to come out. It shot down an X-Wing, come on!

Rebels: N-1 would be pretty cool. Definitely the Resistance A-Wing though, that's unavoidable. Make it more expensive, give it torps instead of missiles, it's a brand new ship, right?

Scum: I don't care at this point, just give them something as disappointing as the TIE Aggressor.  

6 hours ago, yakface said:

Rebels: N-1 starfighter or Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor

Imperial: Ye-4 gunship or Belbullab-22 starfighter

Scum: M22-T Krayt Gunship or Rihkxyrk Assault Fighter

• 8 Blaster Cannons, LOL. 

sfs_ye_4_gunship_ortho__update__by_unusu

Edited by gabe69velasquez