patox

[PREDICTIONS] Guesses for Wave 12?

So it's that time of the year. We're a few weeks away from GenCon and we all know there's going to be a new wave of awesome ships that will be announced.

What do you think it'll be? Now, let's point out that this is different than what you WANT it to be. This is not a wish list. This is a guess list.

• Rebels: N-1 Starfighter and/or G9 Rigger freighter
  • Imperial: Delta-class T-3c shuttle
  • Scum: SS-54 Assault Ship and/or HH-87 Starhopper

39 minutes ago, Superstrength79 said:

Does Scum really need a new ship right now?  Maybe they can sit a wave out.

Yeah, because making sure they have as few options as possible is a really good way of reducing the amount of jumpmasters at tournaments.

My guesses would be:

Kylo Interceptor

Resistance A-Wing (possibly with an A-Wing fix?)

Scum shuttle with 2 crew and possibly double illicit (to make Jabba viable). I was toying with the idea of a 1-die 360 primary to make the chassis as cheap as possible (with the intent of using a hot shot blaster for actual combat).

You know, one of those days a playtester is going to walk into one of those threads and post the actual contents of the upcoming wave. :P

Edited by Elavion

Presuming that Wave XII will include +1 ship for Rebels and Imps as an EP8 tie in (and will probably not involve more than those this from EP8 judging by form, remember FFG has some limitations on what they actually can get about ships before the movie comes out - they might want to wait a wave for some ships to get more details so they don't have to Heroes of the Resistance each time) That would mean that Rebels will be at 20 seperate ships total, and imperials at 18. Scum are currently 15, so do not be surprised if Wave XII actually has two scum ships, this might be why there are six SKUs open. +2 Scum ships would still only put them at 17, maintaining the current disparity. I'll stand with @Elavion, god forbid Scum have more usable ships than Jumpmasters - though I'd expect something to happen to Jumps before Wave XII hits. 

Given what we have, N-1 seems pretty likely, and then if Imperials got a V-Wing and Scum got an HH-87 that would be a wave of 3 Clone Wars era small ships which are used in the GCW time period-ish. Cad Bane and Asajj Ventress are both in the game so the starting point cut-off for some of these ships seems pretty flexible. Yeah, yeah, Rebel and Scum V-Wings, but that's not really in canon anymore. Imperials also have a lot of shuttle type ships to pick from left over from Rogue One, but I don't know if FFG will jump right to those a year after the Upsilon came out. The TIE Reaper might be distinct enough, but who knows?

The Legends annals are open though, so hold onto your butts for ANYTHING. 

EDIT: Speaking of this though I did some polling around the community (like the subreddit) and talked about the results on my YouTube channel. Video posted earlier today: 

Edited by UnitOmega

2 hours ago, Superstrength79 said:

Yes they do.  As pointed out, scum still has less ships than either of the other factions (We were just about caught up until waves 8 and 10 got extra empire and rebel ships for the movies and scum didn't).  And when the designers get around to figuring out how to nerf the jump master and it ceases to be OP, we'll need other options.  And as pointed out, even if they DON"T get nerfed, more ships means higher odds of seeing non-jumpmasters on the tables as long as the new stuff doesn't suck.

In my dreams:
-Rebels: Hoth Airspeeder (T-47). 

-Imps: Tie Hunter. 

-Scum: Griveous Speeder.

In reality:

Rebels: Resistance A-Wing

Imps: First Order Interceptor

Scum: Maybe some stuff from Rebels. 

2 hours ago, Superstrength79 said:

A new ship does not neccessary means that it would be an OP ship. I won't say anything about the scurrg or guns for hire expansions yet, because we have to see how the game and meta adapts with its presence. 

Also, we have the Quadjumper in the last Wave, which is super funny to play and is not meta-breaker. I'd prefer new and funny stuff to Scums more than just a good-but-boring ship as J5K.

Rebels: N-1 Starfighter (with Princess Leia pilot)

Empire: Assault Gunboat

Scum: Gauntlet (Darth Maul) Rogue-class Starfighter (with Cad Bane pilot and Xanadu Blood unique title)

Let the Episode 8 stuff (Kylo's TIE and Resistance Bomber) for AFTER the movie.

Edited by Odanan

2 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Rebels: N1 Starfighter (Princes Leia)

Empire: Assault Gunboat

Scum: Gauntlet (Darth Maul)

Let the Episode 8 stuff (Kylo's TIE and Resistance Bomber) for AFTER the movie.

While I would love to Darth Maul in this game, I think the Gauntlet is too big at this scale. It is like 55 meters long(the Falcon is 35) and it's almost as wide. They could scale it down and/or make it an epic ship, but then it would move like an epic ship and that would not represent it's capabilities. I like your other two choices. 

I don't know, but recent history would lead you to believe Scum will get the best offensive, mobile, tanky, low-cost ship of the lot. The Rebel's will get a utility ship, and the Empire will get some middle to low tier whatever. Oh, and a non-Imperial faction might get a TIE variant, and it'll be better than the original, because, well, it sucks.

Salty? Me? No way man, no way ?

4 minutes ago, Luner_Eclipse said:

Gauntlet, (maul) (Pre visla) 

Double crew, illicit, maybe double illicit for jabba purposes, maybe a dual title card like the u wing, wing in attack position, wings in defense position, I don't know what do you think.

Why would Maul be Scum? I'm confused....

Rebel: Phantom II (with some sort of text manipulation or new card to make it work with the Ghost)

Empire: TIE Reaper (The only truly possible large ship they could get right now, which they need because they only have 2 good large ships)

Scum: nothing :P

If Scum gets nothing, we should expect two Imperial and two Rebel ships. If so...

Rebel 2nd ship: Cloud Car

Empire 2nd ship: Some new badass TIE I can't think of right now :P

Just now, kris40k said:

That...*thinks*... would be cool, and definitely as  possibility since we've already brought in dual faction characters.

Oh ****, that means Rebel Soontir Fel :P

If that ever happens, I'm done buying miniatures from this game....with the Sabine TIE crap, I'm practically there now.