Sign in to follow this  
Zalari

Images from the french event (Tsukune!)

There are also some card images the site won't let me upload, let's see if this way works.. it did! Here we can see a beta version of Ikoma Prodigy (though I think only the name has changed), a blurry neutral bushi and what seems to be a political version of fine katana attached to Myia Mystic!

836813IMG9968.jpg

811730IMG20170625104701.jpg

4 minutes ago, Zalari said:

There are also some card images the site won't let me upload, let's see if this way works.. it did! Here we can see a beta version of Ikoma Prodigy (though I think only the name has changed), a blurry neutral bushi and what seems to be a political version of fine katana attached to Myia Mystic!

That's a Seppun Guardsman, and I think the attachment says "Ornate Fan".

7 minutes ago, KerenRhys said:

I so want those banners...

Yes, Tsukune as Phoenix Champion seems pretty confirmed by that and it looks like the Dragon Stronghold may be the High House of Light.

She doesn't necesarily is the Champion. Maybe she is just is the Big Personality in the set and Ujimitsu has his own mechanics, reflecting his non-Uniqueness lore somehow.

6 minutes ago, AkodoD said:

She has the same style of artwork all the champions have so I think its safe to say she is the champion.

Pretty sure they go for 4 male 3 female champion spread.

I was hoping to see Tsukune gain experience and grow over time to become a character worthy of the championship, but it looks like the choice of her as champion mirrors the way that the Crane and the Lion champions are also being presented as inexperienced and primed to grow into their positions as champions over time.

Or, in this alternate storyline maybe she has already been groomed for the championship for years now and is already a strong and sure leader for her clan, and in the process of redefining the relationship of the Shiba champion vis-a-vis the elemental council.

Guess we'll have to wait for the Phoenix fiction.

Edited by Suzume Tomonori

I don't think this confirms anything.  The second pictures shows a line of all the clan champs next to each other (Phoenix is missing).  The first picture shows Tsukune not next to any of the other champs (in fact you can see the back of the champ banners behind her).  To me this actually leans more evidence toward Tsukune NOT being the champion.  Right now, I'm thinking Tsukune is Phoenix's big 5 cost unique personality and Ujimitsu will be Phoenix's champion but will be lower cost and non-unique.

17 minutes ago, JRosen9 said:

I don't think this confirms anything.  The second pictures shows a line of all the clan champs next to each other (Phoenix is missing).  The first picture shows Tsukune not next to any of the other champs (in fact you can see the back of the champ banners behind her).  To me this actually leans more evidence toward Tsukune NOT being the champion.  

The Crane Stronghold is also apart from the Scorpion/Dragon/Unicorn, so I would say Tsukune is not next to the other Champs because there was no (physical) place for her. 

In the case of Ujimitsu being a low-cost non-unique Champion, it would make a lot more sense to have an Elemental Master as the big Phoenix character in the core set. There's no meaning at this point of time to make Tsukune a Champion-like character before one of the Elemental Master if she's still a nobody.

1 hour ago, Mon no Oni said:

She doesn't necesarily is the Champion. Maybe she is just is the Big Personality in the set and Ujimitsu has his own mechanics, reflecting his non-Uniqueness lore somehow.

Ujimitsu non-uniqueness was a typo with some really lousy in-lore justification. I really hope it's not kept in the new L5R.

Edited by KerenRhys

2 hours ago, KerenRhys said:

Ujimitsu non-uniqueness was a typo with some really lousy in-lore justification. I really hope it's not kept in the new L5R.

Personally, I agree. But right now I'd rather have a live Ujimitsu and not having things go out of track so soon! XD

8 hours ago, KerenRhys said:

The "I take frequent naps and always run to places" justification was a bit lame, but back when it was portrayed as a mystical ability I quite liked it. Personally, I'd like to see a non-unique Ujimitsu as a nod to the old storyline, but to each their own.

7 hours ago, Suzume Tomonori said:

There is always time to change that.

I don't like Shugenja and magic, so I don't think changing just for a badass flagship unique is a good idea :P. 

3 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Tsukune: I always liked her better than Ujimitsu, and it seems FFG agrees. Dat art, yo.

This. I hope she puts the sword through the clan council table sooner rather than later.....