MrMenthe

Rule book peek : deckbuilding page

Just now, MrMenthe said:

He's, at it seems, a Asmodee France employee. The leak wasn't supposed to happen and could hurt the potential for marketing event in France.

Why take the risk anyway ? Even if it's a fake (which I don't think it is), where is the harm in taking it down ?

That's just my humble opinion. ;)

If FFG/Asmodee doesn't want something to be seen on the internet in the year 2017, don't bring it to a public event. In reading the French thread, it appears the guy running the demo had no problem with people taking pictures of things. If they didn't want people to take pictures, don't demo the game.

Concerning Asmodée France/Edge/FFG France (whatever they want want to be called since it's basically the same thing), maybe they should do a better job at checking what they're spoiling before hunting people on forum. Between this, the Tsukune as Phoenix Champion spoil in the product page cards fan and the fact that their guys present (demoers who didn't even knew the rules correctly BTW) at "Paris est Ludique" didn't hesitate to show a lot of not-yet-revealed cards to people who went there, they don't really seem to care about FFG NA plans.

I mean, why would a demoer even have a case with not-yet-revealed cards that they should not show anybody?

Edited by KerenRhys

Oh yeah, according to the man the demo ****** up and shouldn't have allowed pictures of unspoiled materials to be taken in the first places.

Now it seems that they're trying to solve that mistake. Sure that is their mistake. But shouldn't we help if we can ? Worst case scenario we get played. I could live with that. ^^

Just now, MrMenthe said:

Oh yeah, according to the man the demo ****** up and shouldn't have allowed pictures of unspoiled materials to be taken in the first places.

Now it seems that they're trying to solve that mistake. Sure that is their mistake. But shouldn't we help if we can ? Worst case scenario we get played. I could live with that. ^^

I'm just personally cynically of people claiming things on the internet. He very well could be, and is likely, an Asmodee employee. However, I don't just go around trusting everything people say on the internet, especially when they are making authority claims and attempting to have things removed.

I don't know how he said it in his message to you but in the one I received (in French), He wasn't authoritative and just asked if it could be removed. Considering the risk/reward of the all thing I picked what I think is the better option.

I'm sure that you're not being a **** tho so my point isn't to make you feel that way. I will not bother you any longer with this. ;)

Edited by MrMenthe

9 minutes ago, MrMenthe said:

I don't know how he said it in his message to you but in the one I received (in French), He wasn't authoritative and just asked if it could be removed. Considering the risk/reward of the all thing I picked what I think is the better option.

I'm sure that you're not being a **** tho so my point isn't to make you feel that way. I will not bother you any longer with this. ;)

Oddly enough, I got a message in French addressed to you which I thought was funny. I'm sure there was some cultural tone that was lost in translation.

Either way, it appears my pictures have been removed anyway so it's not really an issue anymore.

19 hours ago, kiramode said:

Good thing I made a proxy of the neutral holding before it got removed. Having that card and the 1 cost courtier lion girl completely change the dynamic of the lion deck. It was quite impressive when I played it last night.

Didn't save an image of that holding, but I made a clearer proxy card for Ikoma Prodigy, and yeah, she makes a big difference.  I added three of her (took out one Beiona, one Ikoma Eiji, and one Deathseeker), Since then, the Lion deck has actually won a couple games by Honor, and that's against Crane. Granted, once I tried splashing Lion conflict cards into Crane (including three Honored Blades), that became quite a bit trickier.

10 minutes ago, Khudzlin said:

Cards are okay. They only asked for the pictures of the rulebook to be removed.

Still an overreaction in my opinion. The demo people are probably getting flak form their management for poor judgement.

Well, they asked nicely, so I don't have a problem with their request. And I don't doubt the demo people are getting flak for allowing the pictures to be taken in the first place.

7 hours ago, Poi68 said:

Still an overreaction in my opinion. The demo people are probably getting flak form their management for poor judgement.

If the management didn't make it clear to not allow photos, then it's poor management. 

Who holds an open event and doesn't allow photos? Why didn't they have attendees sign a NDA? 

4 minutes ago, Teslacrashed said:

Who holds an open event and doesn't allow photos? Why didn't they have attendees sign a NDA? 

There were things you could take photos of, and things you couldn't.

My opinion is end of the day it's their intellectual property, if it wasn't released by them, they have a right to ask for it to be taken down. However the circumstances of it getting out.

2 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

I think a few photos should have been allowed or they should have showed off a big more for those who couldn't attend.

Photos of cards and board state seem to have been allowed, but not of the rule book. From what I understand.

its 2017 and to expect for people not to take pictures of things they see and are interested in is really poor organisation and judgement on the asmodee ffg part.  this is so obvious that its bizarre to even acknowledge it.

3 minutes ago, Dovla said:

its 2017 and to expect for people not to take pictures of things they see and are interested in is really poor organisation and judgement on the asmodee ffg part.  this is so obvious that its bizarre to even acknowledge it.

Probably. That doesn't mean they can't ask for those pictures to be taken down afterwards. From what it looks like a mistake was made in what was allowed to be photographed.

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

Probably. That doesn't mean they can't ask for those pictures to be taken down afterwards. From what it looks like a mistake was made in what was allowed to be photographed.

They can ask and have the right to take them down from their boards.  However, assuming the event was a public event and nothing was said prohibiting photography, I believe the rights to the picture belong to the one who took it.  If I go to a public art show and take pictures which I post on the internet, I believe I own the rights to my photographs.

5 minutes ago, JRosen9 said:

They can ask and have the right to take them down from their boards.  However, assuming the event was a public event and nothing was said prohibiting photography, I believe the rights to the picture belong to the one who took it.  If I go to a public art show and take pictures which I post on the internet, I believe I own the rights to my photographs.

You own the right to the photo, not the content of the photo. If you film your TV that is showing the movie, you don't then have the right to post that video you took of that movie onto the internet, but that recording is yours.

Edited by RandomJC