MrMenthe

Rule book peek : deckbuilding page

23 minutes ago, Zalari said:

We've seen both Ancestral and Limited in Dragon though. And people are pretty sure the blurry crane 3 cost from the showcase has Covert. (Not sure about that one, but it looks right)

What was the limited from Dragon?

58 minutes ago, Zalari said:

We've seen both Ancestral and Limited in Dragon though. And people are pretty sure the blurry crane 3 cost from the showcase has Covert. (Not sure about that one, but it looks right)

What Crane are you talking about?

2 hours ago, Casanunda said:

Big "meh" for that one, in my mind.  I've had issues with the Crane holding as it stands, and that one is worse in most cases.  Giving up a dynasty slot can prevent you from pulling the right character at the right time.

Courtesy is pretty neat.  Fingers crossed for a zero cost Courtesy character.

This holding is dramatically better than the Crane holding. Crane holding is busted. Drawing a card is much different than revealing a card you may not be able to use that turn and not being able to stash it.

It also kills itself off allowing for easier use of the Crane guy who flips cards and the Lion holding that flips dynasty cards. 

I don't think it's a 5 star card by any means, but the fact is that the card will give you a benefit 100% of the time is at the very least solid. Given how many crappy cards exist in the dysnasty decks right now, solid is really good.

Edited by kiramode

54 minutes ago, Kakita Katai said:

There are two unspoiled crane cards that were only seen in one of the articles and they are very low res blurry images so we do not even know their names. One of them is probably a conflict card.

Edit: Both are characters.

Edited by blackheartz

Covert does seem like it might be fun, although we might only have 1~3 cards with the keyword. I expect a :ph34r: with it!

I do find it interesting that only the dynasty deck is affected when building from the core set alone.

I'm not quite sure about the Imperial holding yet. It's ok for an draw action and might be worth it in a Crab holding deck but would probably be quickly replaced by anything else. My only gripe is that it does mess with the province's production that turn.

8 hours ago, Mercuric said:

It could be.  The kanji appears to say 伝説, which means "legend".  I'm not really sure what it could mean in the context of the game.  Both being the first player or it representing an amount of honor more than 1 could be the case, or it could be something different.

However, it could say something else.  The second kanji is pretty blurry and I searched for alternate words that it could be, but I didn't come up with anything, even anything uncommon, so that's my best guess. 

The second kanji definitely looks like 説 to me, so I think you're right. I wonder if the flip side of the token is "Five Rings."

46 minutes ago, Suzume Tomonori said:

The second kanji definitely looks like 説 to me, so I think you're right. I wonder if the flip side of the token is "Five Rings."

Oh yeah, good call!  The reverse probably says 五輪, the title for the Book of Five Rings.  That would definitely point toward it being the first player token, I think.

5 hours ago, Kakita Katai said:

Here: 

l5c01_showcase_layout.png

I'm actually talking about the one on the right, if you zoom in it does look like it has a keyword starting with C and a long explanation in brackets. (Based on our numbers so far it has been deduced the one on the left is a Dinasty card and the one on the right is a Conflict card).

Edited by Zalari

1 minute ago, Zalari said:

Here: 

l5c01_showcase_layout.png

I'm actually talking about the one on the right, if you zoom in it does look like it has a keyword starting with C and a long explanation in brackets. (Based on our numbers so far it has been deduced the one on the left is a Dinasty card and the one on the right is a Conflict card).

Both cards appear to have lots of text which piques my curiosity. Why did you not reveal them, oh cruel FFG?  

4 minutes ago, Fumo said:

So let's say I have three potential defenders ready to face you, but you attack me with three covert ninja.

I'm the one that loses honour for not defending, but nobody raises an eyebrow at your dishonourable conduct? OUTRAGEOUS.

Sounds like it... no wonder everyone hates ninjas. 

41 minutes ago, Fumo said:

So let's say I have three potential defenders ready to face you, but you attack me with three covert ninja.

I'm the one that loses honour for not defending, but nobody raises an eyebrow at your dishonourable conduct? OUTRAGEOUS.

Yup.

Something that Spider players will come to live by. ;) 

29 minutes ago, Fumo said:

In that case, nobody will know who attacked you, so you look kinda bad when you say at court "Daimyo X burned our store-houses!", and Daimyo X (Let's just call him Bayushi 'What Ninjas?' McSneakyGuy) replies "I see the esteemed Fumo has no evidence for his baseless accusations. I, for one, find it shameful that this court must listen to him make excuses for not defending his people from bandits, while we could be watching Kakita Hideko's lovely new play."

4 hours ago, Fumo said:

Everyone knows there's no such thing as Ninja. Your province must have fallen apart by itself, due to your poor governance; and that's on you:P

Edited by Kitsu Seinosuke

6 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

In that case, nobody will know who attacked you, so you look kinda bad when you say at court "Daimyo X burned our store-houses!", and Daimyo X (Let's just call him Bayushi 'What Ninjas?' McSneakyGuy) replies "I see the esteemed Fumo has no evidence for his baseless accusations. I, for one, find it shameful that this court must listen to him make excuses for not defending his people from bandits, while we could be watching Kakita Hideko's lovely new play."

This here is why Gusai thought it was a good idea to carry concealed weapons into court.

7 hours ago, Fumo said:

Right, but you can still move personalities characters to the battlefield or play them from hand, so I think it's just something you have to consider in the design of your deck.  Plus, I'm not aware that you need to have units at the battlefield in order to play actions, so you can still try and get their total strength to 0 by playing fate cards or using the abilities on your units at home.  (Are units still a thing?  I can't wait to see the whole rulebook, I don't want to confuse people by using the wrong terminology!)

6 hours ago, MrMenthe said:

Someone at Asmodee asked me to take down the post.

I edited the images out. I guess Danwarr will receive a message too. ^^'

I did get a message from someone claiming to be from Asmodee. Seeing as they haven't provided information supporting that claim I'm not removing anything. If FFG or ANA don't want those images here they can remove them themselves.

EDIT: They seem to have done just that. Hilarious.

Edited by Danwarr

He's, at it seems, a Asmodee France employee. The leak wasn't supposed to happen and could hurt the potential for marketing event in France.

Why take the risk anyway ? Even if it's a fake (which I don't think it is), where is the harm in taking it down ?

That's just my humble opinion. ;)