Sign in to follow this  
Kikaze

Regionals, Athens

so, regionals a little late for us (less support from local stores). important-the T/O firmly decided he would use all recent errata, which kind of affected list building.

I went there with a fleet consisting of:

-admiral Screed on a Victory II star destroyer with h9 and gunnery team; simple use to kill flotillas.

-demolisher GSD-1 with Engine techs, ordnance experts, assault proton torpedoes and skilled first officer. main killer.

-raider with ordnance experts, assault proton torpedoes. allaround good ship for both antisquadron and some antiship capacity.

-two gozanti cruiser flotillas. a coms net and supressor.

-a fighter screen of tie advanced, howlrunner, mithel, and interceptors.

bid clocked in at 8 points. 5 activations, but only 6 squadrons meant only 8 deployments (i regreted not bringing more deployments and squadrons!) objectives, most wanted, hyperspace assault, dangerous territory .

GAME 1:

i played against a newcomer (nice to see new players coming in finaly at our area!) with a list built by one of our other armada players and by far best local x-wing player. he had admiral ackbar on an assault frigate to keep running away, some flotilla support, but the true killer was a fighter wing of 6 very expensive aces (biggs, wedge, moldy crow, some bomber aces etc). indeed i think the list was tested as a rieekan aces list, very typical aces used, but got too scared by the nerfs and hastily changed admiral.bad idea imho.

we played his Hyperspace assault, but the game ended pretty fast due to his mispositioning of the assault frigate-the demolisher capitalised on it, and i focused down the (too slow to escape) pelta with the rest, leaving his squadrons with very little support. then it all went downhill for him. 10-1. it was an interesting game in that i was giving him advice, had more of a casual feel (especialy compared to the next!) and he actualy got a win later on!

GAME 2:

as soon as i saw his fleet I just knew i was in trouble. 3 x flotillas, the mighty Admonition(scout variant), which i couldnt kill with this version of demolisher easy, a cr90A  with rieekan and upgrades to make it an efficient lifeboat, and a total of 133 points of squadrons- to my susprise, built to be efficient but not devastating when attacking ships, but mobile to press wherever he needed-mix of a-wings and bombers. i just knew the squadron game was lost, and i needed to vastly outplay him to reach his numerous flotillas. but there was a ray of light: a fatal flaw in his objective selection, with Fire Lanes.

the tokens were placed in such a way that the VSD pulled off a bold maneuver and claimed territory for both. covered by the other ships and occasionaly sending stuff to contest the third. he killed so much  of my stuff, and he managed to roll accuracies with both admonition's red dice and cr90A 's red dice to kill both my flotillas. he made a comment that he affirmed he'd only win via luck-myself i was also sure i'd lose. however-his running away from my forces made me claim a totaly ludicrous ammount of victory tokens, my fighter screen got some kills, and two flotillas by ramming and vsd-2. i won-BARELY . 6-5.

GAME 3:

good friend of mine . very good at decision-making in-game but imho just so off-meta lists. he had a fleet with 2 raiders, 2 gladiators(one was demolisher), and 130-something squadrons points, mix of TIE fighters and TIE bombers(both generic and aces). perhaps he was hoping he'd meet mass bomber fleets and obliterate their fighters, winning via "cheesing the meta" guess it wasnt such a bad idea, he got third;throughout the game, he was spamming squadron commands and actualy making this sort of weird build work. I would never try something like that, but for some reason he just made it click-although i think the opportunity cost of less navigation commands for THESE specific ships was too high. we played his Contested Outpost, but to be honest him being outactivated sealed the deal. to save his flagship, he was forced to send the demolisher forward, which with my VSD 2 activating first and last,  was quickly killed off, demolisher then killing the flagship too. i dodged out of all other firing arcs, as he simply didnt have the activations to make this work anymore, then proceeded to kill as much as i can while chasing him off the station. he vaporized my squadron cover and killed demolisher and a flotilla with squads, but he lost so many ships. 7-4.

in the end, i was 3-0 but there was another player with 3-0; a typical VSD-VSD-dictor Konstantine list, but two of his wins were 6-5. so, first place for me. all in all, i faced like 400 points of squadrons across 3 games, a hyperbole imho because mass squadron fleets aint unbeatable, but i had the luxury of being first player and never outactivated(except the second game where i lost the flotillas fast).

Edited by Kikaze

1 hour ago, Kikaze said:

so, regionals a little late for us (less support from local stores). important-the T/O firmly decided he would use all recent errata, which kind of affected list building.

I went there with a fleet consisting of:

-admiral Screed on a Victory II star destroyer with h9 and gunnery team; simple use to kill flotillas.

-demolisher GSD-1 with Engine techs, ordnance experts, assault proton torpedoes and skilled first officer. main killer.

-raider with ordnance experts, assault proton torpedoes. allaround good ship for both antisquadron and some antiship capacity.

-two gozanti cruiser flotillas. a coms net and supressor.

-a fighter screen of tie advanced, howlrunner, mithel, and interceptors.

bid clocked in at 8 points. 5 activations, but only 6 squadrons meant only 8 deployments (i regreted not bringing more deployments and squadrons!) objectives, most wanted, hyperspace assault, dangerous territory .

GAME 1:

i played against a newcomer (nice to see new players coming in finaly at our area!) with a list built by one of our other armada players and by far best local x-wing player. he had admiral ackbar on an assault frigate to keep running away, some flotilla support, but the true killer was a fighter wing of 6 very expensive aces (biggs, wedge, moldy crow, some bomber aces etc). indeed i think the list was tested as a rieekan aces list, very typical aces used, but got too scared by the nerfs and hastily changed admiral.bad idea imho.

we played his Hyperspace assault, but the game ended pretty fast due to his mispositioning of the assault frigate-the demolisher capitalised on it, and i focused down the (too slow to escape) pelta with the rest, leaving his squadrons with very little support. then it all went downhill for him. 10-1. it was an interesting game in that i was giving him advice, had more of a casual feel (especialy compared to the next!) and he actualy got a win later on!

GAME 2:

as soon as i saw his fleet I just knew i was in trouble. 3 x flotillas, the mighty Admonition(scout variant), which i couldnt kill with this version of demolisher easy, a cr90A  with rieekan and upgrades to make it an efficient lifeboat, and a total of 133 points of squadrons- to my susprise, built to be efficient but not devastating when attacking ships, but mobile to press wherever he needed-mix of a-wings and bombers. i just knew the squadron game was lost, and i needed to vastly outplay him to reach his numerous flotillas. but there was a ray of light: a fatal flaw in his objective selection, with Fire Lanes.

the tokens were placed in such a way that the VSD pulled off a bold maneuver and claimed territory for both. covered by the other ships and occasionaly sending stuff to contest the third. he killed so much  of my stuff, and he managed to roll accuracies with both admonition's red dice and cr90A 's red dice to kill both my flotillas. he made a comment that he affirmed he'd only win via luck-myself i was also sure i'd lose. however-his running away from my forces made me claim a totaly ludicrous ammount of victory tokens, my fighter screen got some kills, and two flotillas by ramming and vsd-2. i won-BARELY . 6-5.

GAME 3:

good friend of mine . very good at decision-making in-game but imho just so off-meta lists. he had a fleet with 2 raiders, 2 gladiators(one was demolisher), and 130-something squadrons points, mix of TIE fighters and TIE bombers(both generic and aces). perhaps he was hoping he'd meet mass bomber fleets and obliterate their fighters, winning via "cheesing the meta" guess it wasnt such a bad idea, he got third;throughout the game, he was spamming squadron commands and actualy making this sort of weird build work. I would never try something like that, but for some reason he just made it click-although i think the opportunity cost of less navigation commands for THESE specific ships was too high. we played his Contested Outpost, but to be honest him being outactivated sealed the deal. to save his flagship, he was forced to send the demolisher forward, which with my VSD 2 activating first and last,  was quickly killed off, demolisher then killing the flagship too. i dodged out of all other firing arcs, as he simply didnt have the activations to make this work anymore, then proceeded to kill as much as i can while chasing him off the station. he vaporized my squadron cover and killed demolisher and a flotilla with squads, but he lost so many ships. 7-4.

in the end, i was 3-0 but there was another player with 3-0; a typical VSD-VSD-dictor Konstantine list, but two of his wins were 6-5. so, first place for me. all in all, i faced like 400 points of squadrons across 3 games, a hyperbole imho because mass squadron fleets aint unbeatable, but i had the luxury of being first player and never outactivated(except the second game where i lost the flotillas fast).

I didn't know Greece had Regionals! Where was the game held?

38 minutes ago, Kikaze said:

place is part of a store franchise, called Fantasy Shop , the one near Viktoria sq.

as far as i know it was our first; kinda small community hoping to grow :)

Huh. Are there regular games there? Does it have a large/decently priced stock of Armada products?

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular