Marcus2410

Flamethrower (wasteland patrol agenda card)

So I earned the Flamethrower card and attached it to an Elite Stormtrooper group. When it came to playing it I only used it once per group activation (once per round) but when I look again it doesn't say 'Exhaust' which would absolutely mean once per round. 

RRG says "during each activation phase, each figure receives an activation" and the flamethrower card says "Limit once per activation" (which seems redundant because a figure can only use a special action once per activation)...so I read it that each figure in the group can use the card...each round... 

I love it but it seems too good to be true, which in my experience means that I've gotten it wrong.

Does anyone else have a suggestion as how to use it? Once per group or once per figure?

Yes, each figure can use it once during their activation. (With the Junk Droid errata in place, all references to activation should be figure activations unless explicitly mentioning group activation.)

Yes, it is redundant, because each special action can be used only once per activation anyway. But at least once in the campaign I have allowed the rebels to use a special action from a mission rule twice during their activation, so it does not hurt to have a little redundancy if it can easily fit the space available in the card.

Edited by a1bert

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Caladro said:

Yet. 

Knowing how Single Purpose needs special care in skirmish development, I'm pretty certain that the designers do not want to introduce anything similar ever again, campaign or skirmish.