goncardoso

Help me getting a RPG please

Hi, so i love Star Wars universe and i really wanted to get started with this. But i dont know what to buy

I love all of the universe but im more of jedi vs sith thing, though i love scum and rebels, clones etc..

for starting and to get should i buy F&D ? Is it good or better than the others ? Will it help me playing with characters like Darth Maul, Vader, Obi Wan, Anakin etc.. ?

1 minute ago, goncardoso said:

Hi, so i love Star Wars universe and i really wanted to get started with this. But i dont know what to buy

I love all of the universe but im more of jedi vs sith thing, though i love scum and rebels, clones etc..

for starting and to get should i buy F&D ? Is it good or better than the others ? Will it help me playing with characters like Darth Maul, Vader, Obi Wan, Anakin etc.. ?

If you want to play a Jedi, Force and Destiny is a must. I's also recommend getting as many of the F&D career books as you can afford, as well as Nexus of Power, and the GM kit. All three core "systems" are equally good, but ewach focuses on a completely different aspect of the SW universe. F&D is the one focused on Force users, while the other two hardly touch upon the Force.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

If you want to play a Jedi, Force and Destiny is a must. I's also recommend getting as many of the F&D career books as you can afford, as well as Nexus of Power, and the GM kit. All three core "systems" are equally good, but ewach focuses on a completely different aspect of the SW universe. F&D is the one focused on Force users, while the other two hardly touch upon the Force.

thank you :) i will see if someone here in my country is selling it

36 minutes ago, Sturn said:

You didn't mention your experience with RPG's. Unless you are a veteran of RPG's, I would start with the Force and Destiny Beginner Game.

i played D&D so i have a base.. i played once the begginer game of edge of empire long tgime ago online.. dont know if its much different

Uhh, don't expect to play characters like those iconic pro/antagonists you mentioned though. At least not until you're 1,000 xp + deep into a campaign.

Using the base chargen rules, you start out as someone less skilled in the Force than what you might conceive as a Padawan as being. Even the "Knight Level" start (150 xp) is going to yield something much closer to a Padawan, than Jedi Knight.

And don't go jumping right into a 1K xp campaign/PCs either just cuz it sounds fun and that's what you think you want. There's a bit of a learning curve, for the GM anyway, in how to handle that powerful of a group (and have it be fun/still challenging).

21 hours ago, goncardoso said:

i played D&D so i have a base.. i played once the begginer game of edge of empire long tgime ago online.. dont know if its much different

It's basically the same game as Edge of the Empire, just with a different feel.

I haven't played through the Force and Destiny Beginner Game, but if the other two beginner boxes are any indication, it should serve you well. It's a short adventure with step-by-step instructions for the GM & players, beautiful pregenerated character folios and dice. Everything you need to start playing, plus a longer follow-up adventure to download for free online. 

Really, your first step should be to find a group of people to even play with. 3-5 other people that are willing to commit time and effort to learning the game and playing it. From there, guage interest in what general type of game you want to play, and then go with the appropriate book.

Perhaps also some of the other players would be willing to get the other core rulebooks, allowing for a more varied form of play.

56 minutes ago, goncardoso said:

where i live is impossible to get a group.. i would love to play it with someone .

Hi goncardoso, I have had (and continue to have) some EXCELLENT rp and storytelling experiences in the Star Wars universe using the play-by-post format. It's a great option for ppl with a limited local rp community and/or limited time for "sit down" play.

Id recommend Gamers Plane for a fantastic PbP community, dedicated players, many ongoing SW campaigns, and new ones popping up regularly as well, with all the infrastructure (in-forum character sheets, in-post dice roller) to fully support the FFG Star Wars game.

50 minutes ago, emsquared said:

Hi goncardoso, I have had (and continue to have) some EXCELLENT rp and storytelling experiences in the Star Wars universe using the play-by-post format. It's a great option for ppl with a limited local rp community and/or limited time for "sit down" play.

Id recommend Gamers Plane for a fantastic PbP community, dedicated players, many ongoing SW campaigns, and new ones popping up regularly as well, with all the infrastructure (in-forum character sheets, in-post dice roller) to fully support the FFG Star Wars game.

thansk i will look for it :)

10 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

There are also a number of play by post games here on these forums. Some of them are still looking for players. A game I just started still needs a few more players too. PM me.

And if you wanna get in on the PvP "duels arena" that is currently in the works, let us know :)

On 10/07/2017 at 4:52 AM, awayputurwpn said:

And if you wanna get in on the PvP "duels arena" that is currently in the works, let us know :)

PvP? :S how does that work ?

On 09/07/2017 at 5:52 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

There are also a number of play by post games here on these forums. Some of them are still looking for players. A game I just started still needs a few more players too. PM me.

alright though i never played a game that way before i will need some guideness from you :)

2 hours ago, goncardoso said:

PvP? :S how does that work ?

You can see it in action here (fair warning, this is the first time anyone I know has attempted a PvP in this system. I'm sure it's been done before, but I've never seen it done until this!):