Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NilsTillander

Mining Guild TIEs - Showcase

8 posts in this topic

Hei!

I've seen here and there that quite a lot of people liked the Mining Guild TIEs from Rebels, and modified/painted some. I've done it as well, so we can showcase them here!

One of mine has some extra winglets that I'm sure I've seen somewhere, but I can't quite figure out where...it's supposed to be an elite version of kind.

MinigGuildTIEs.jpg

The Mining Guild did manage to improve one of the major design flaws of the TIE:  Visibility.  How this effected performance I don't know, but it is a nice improvement.

Varyag likes this

12 hours ago, Scylla M. Kite said:

The Mining Guild did manage to improve one of the major design flaws of the TIE:  Visibility.  How this effected performance I don't know, but it is a nice improvement.

From the Wiki: "They also had a notch cut in their stabilizers, giving them only eight solar collectors instead of twelve, which gave them improved visibility, but greatly diminished their combat capabilities and maneuverability.[2]"

I think if FFG did release the mining guild tie, it would be like a toned down Quad Jumper, with a tractor beam and reverse. But very cheep. After all they would be used for moving round rocks and other materials, think of it as a TIE forklift truck.

16 hours ago, Olddog said:

I think if FFG did release the mining guild tie, it would be like a toned down Quad Jumper, with a tractor beam and reverse. But very cheep. After all they would be used for moving round rocks and other materials, think of it as a TIE forklift truck.

I don't recall seeing them moving stuff around, tho. In the rebels episode, at least, they looked like patrol craft protecting the guild's operations. So, less mine laborer, more security guard.