blitzhill

Full collection storage

12 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

That is very Good!  I've seen people with access to foam also buy pizza delivery bags to then carry it.

or check the thrift stores, you can probably find a toolbox for only a few dollars.  

On 03/08/2017 at 2:10 PM, xbeaker said:

I have a large shoe box (from a pair of my wife's boots) that I use to hold all the extra tokens and such.  That box is full to near bursting.  I also keep a second plano box that is devoted to scenario specific tokens and the epic ship stuff, templates, bases, tokens, etc..

Waaay to organised for me. All non essential tokens are just stuffed wherever they can fit. Within reason, of course :P 

On 6/24/2017 at 1:18 PM, TBot said:

X-wings models are too beautiful to be hidden away in boxes. They must be stored in glass display cases. This makes it hassle free to say hello to all your ships every morning.

This is a True Fact - unlike all of the fake facts in the thread so far!

pic3679429_lg.jpg

I started with the original hard case from Feldherr, but quickly outgrew it. I moved recently and all my ships not in the case filled three boxes, since they were still in the original plastic. I just ordered the Feldherr Maxi Scum and Villiany, Maxi Rebels Wave 1-10, and a few other trays to get my collection organized for the next move. I store the epic ships on a shelf in my son's room, because he loves to look at them.  For tournaments, I put my list in the appropriate foam tray, add tokens and dice in the empty slots, and carry the tray in a cloth bag.  I do the same thing for casual nights. I never need more than two complete lists.

8 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

What are those sort of cases called? And where might I find them (, amazon)?

The very large cases I have the Armada and X-Wing 'Epic'-scale ships in are actually sports memorabilia display cases.  IIRC, the X-Wing 'epic' ships are for a 'pair of size 16 basketball shoes' while the Armada cases is 'pair of size 22 basketball shoes'.  I've picked these up on eBay, local sports memorabilia stores (the places that sell trophies or sports trading cards or whatever), etc.

The smaller cases are the "multi-level display cases" from Container Store - at least, that was about the only place to get them when I started putting X-Wing ships in them.  Those seem to be all over, now, too - and even larger than the three-shelf system Container Store had...

https://www.containerstore.com/s/collections/display/cubes-cases/multi-level-display-box/123d?productId=10022884

On 8/4/2017 at 2:18 PM, xbeaker said:

or check the thrift stores, you can probably find a toolbox for only a few dollars.  

Toolboxes aren't big enough.   If you look online, you can buy some really big pizza bags that can hold a high number of trays of foam for really cheap.  I'd need quite a lot of trays of foam to hold my entire collection.  

On 6/24/2017 at 10:05 AM, blitzhill said:

Noticed someone already answered.  Also, a lot of great storage setups.

Edited by Shuanfu