Sign in to follow this  
beefcake4000

I ran a Liberty last night... Thank you FAQ!

As the title says I ran a Liberty last night, for me that's a huge thing. See our local meta has been dominated by squadrons for a fair while now with Rhymer balls and Biggs Balls and Reikan Balls etc... Now I was always ok with this, I like squadrons but it did mean that ultimately some ships just didn't fit well in my building ideas. If I couldn't fit multiple threats with 4-5 activations with max squadrons etc... So the Liberty hasn't seen table time. 

Since the demise of Rhymer I'm now super excited to run my Liberty. It's biggest weakness for ever has been black dice only flak which combined with a single redirect and crap side shields just made this thing bait for every rhymer ball ever... 

Thank you FAQ for opening up some builds and options, for injecting some energy into my building process and getting me to reevaluate some old ideas again. 

Loving it. 

5 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I still want to see if the nerfed Rieekan lists can still wipe out most things   But probably not with so much impunity. 

They can if you play badly.  He puts it in your hands to play with tempo, when you kill, you need to make sure you are killing multiple things.  So it makes your approach a little different, but at least counter play exists.

Glad to hear that you had success with your liberty.

I played a low squadron Liberty list throughout both wave 4-5 regional season and even took one to worlds.  I think Aresius in Europe has been doing well with one, as well.

And yes, the key Liberty play anti-Rieekan will be if you can position your GT Liberty to take out two ships per turn.  Or even better, get your other ships in place to kill one ship, and your GT Liberty in position to kill two more.