Legend17

Genesis Red

Lost three games at yesterday's tournament using Serissu, Genesis Red, Inaldra and Sunny Bounder (Light). Interesting thing is that Genesis Red was a survivor or the last ship flying.

Genesis Red had PTL but I realize now that he would have got more value from his ability if he had VI. Serissu was constantly targeted, I should have had Elusive on her instead of Fearlessness. Inaldra was shucking stress with Wingman. I was using Elusive on Serissu several days prior and should have stuck to that build.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:47 AM, Biggsy_boy said:

I have this exact same build.  You think Assajj tanks normally.  Just wait until she can re-roll defense dice, and she has 2 HLC Sycks sitting behind.  LOL

I recently flew that list, and Serissu was the first to go down. I flew against a very new player so I would like to test it against someone with a little more experience. 

I also flew Manaroo, Asajj, and Genesis with mindlink. Manaroo and Asajj each had RCS, which kept Expertise Dengar at bay while I focused on Nym. We went to time, but in the last round I was able to finish the job and take Dengar down.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:48 AM, thespaceinvader said:

Genesis, Fenn and Talonbane will be pretty nice coming up I think.  VI on Genesis, Intensity on the other two, and a Thread Tracer on Tbane because it's free and you can potentially throw him a lock in the combat phase which could be amusing.

This sounds so synergistic. I am going to try it out.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:38 AM, Arctic Dragon Games said:

This sounds so synergistic. I am going to try it out.

I did a solitaire today with Genisis Red, Fenn and Talonbane as mentioned above and don't feel that putting Thread Tracers on Talonbane is a good investment relative to his overall cost. Probably going to go with Concussion Missiles on Talonbane next time.

I've been doing well in tournaments with Serissu and 3 TPVs, all with Manglers and Mindlink. I'm thinking of swapping out Serissu and one of the TPVs with G. Red and Inaldra, both with Manglers, Mindlink and Pulsed Ray Shield.

Edited by T70 Driver

On 7/29/2017 at 1:48 AM, Arctic Dragon Games said:

I did a solitaire today with Genisis Red, Fenn and Talonbane as mentioned above and don't feel that putting Thread Tracers on Talonbane is a good investment relative to his overall cost. Probably going to go with Concussion Missiles on Talonbane next time.

But, ah, the thread tracers are 0 points, though.

This is my favorite Scum list:

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Ship Total: 34

Serissu — M3-A Interceptor 20
Veteran Instincts 1
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Hull Upgrade 3
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) 2
Ship Total: 33

Genesis Red — M3-A Interceptor 19
Veteran Instincts 1
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Hull Upgrade 3
"Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (Cannon) 2
Ship Total: 32

8 hours ago, Waffle Iron said:

But, ah, the thread tracers are 0 points, though.

True that the thread tracers are only 0 points for a Vaksai Kihraxz, but since TC's starting cost is 28 pts. I might as well make a bigger investment in some decisive kaboom stuff for him.

I really like a lot about Kihraxz fighters and TC in particular but I'm still trying to learn how he fits into squadrons. It really isn't cost effective to spend all the upgrades to make him an arc fighter or arc dodger so I suppose he needs to be a high powered ordinance ship who can also throw 5 red at range 1.

Edited by Arctic Dragon Games

I like this list:

Serissu [Attanni Mindlink, “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor, “Mangler” Cannon] (27)

Inaldra [Attanni Mindlink, “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor, “Mangler” Cannon] (22)

Tansarii Point Veteran [Attanni Mindlink, “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor, “Mangler” Cannon] (24)

Genesis Red [Attanni Mindlink, “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor, “Mangler” Cannon] (26)

Packs quite a punch against ships with few shields  / lots of hull. Unfortunately no space for Pulse Ray Shields, I've tried switching the mangler on Serissu to a Tractor Beam and giving Inaldra PRS, which worked "ok", but not that great.