SirWillibald

New expansion! Streets of Arkham

114 posts in this topic

This looks fantastic! I'm excited we'll have something new to play soon enough. And the box art is very suggestive. I love that it expands the "use at your own risk" theme. In groups, one player tends to assume the role of head spell slinger (one role among others). It's good to see a mechanic that lets the rest of all concievable roles get a better chance at pushing their luck. ^_^

Also: Hooray for three great sounding scenarios. The university had been especially high on my wish list.

while they're hard to make out, more human(oid?) baddies is good, too. 

Lorinor likes this

13 minutes ago, Aelitafrommars said:

Also: Hooray for three great sounding scenarios. The university had been especially high on my wish list.

I remember you talked about similar scenarios in the thread "What I would like FFG to make", including a museum. Good predictions!

Aelitafrommars likes this

This is awesome, especially considering that there was a lot of recent lament about the future of the game! I'm glad that there is definitely more on the way!

This all looks very cool,  but I'd really like more DLC for the stuff I already have. Out feels like the more stuff I have for the game, the less any of it gets used. 

Looks awesome!! :)

Liking that chapel art - a lot.

Can't wait to tell my friend about this - he's a big Arkham lover. :lol:

Didn't think we'd actually get improvements in this game.

So the madness of waiting with no info can finally be exchanged for waiting for new content.

I can live with that.  :wub:

---

I remember somebody claiming that this game had been abandoned...

Lalala... ^_^

2 hours ago, Lorinor said:

I remember somebody claiming that this game had been abandoned...

Lalala... ^_^

If all we're getting is one new expansion per year... it may as well be.  No way will 3 scenarios per year be enough to hold people's interest.

Posted (edited)

Yeah..! It is pleasant to see something new. I anticipate getting the development. :)

Edited by claraalbert

Just yesterday I painted 2 of investigators thinking "well I guess this is the end of MoM". I'm very excited. Having 3 scenarios for this expansion means they also know that this game needs more scenarios than equipment. Arkham setting is a great choice, most of all the University! Hopefully we get a hostpital one day. A new type of puzzle is a nice bonus. I know that puzzles aren't very popular but my playgroup likes it a lot! Some of my friends are better than the others but we all are crazy about puzzles! It's like a mini-game within a game. And the ability to boost a skill is an important addition. Investigators need some buff. It is a tough game. (which is OK)

Great to have some news after 6 months! 

improvements, cool !) 3 scenarios, yay ;)

the bad news $60 

I really feel that more DLC needs to be forthcoming, otherwise this game does not provide enough value, to me.

JorduSpeaks likes this

Posted (edited)

About those "little" monsters: Is it just the poses or do they look a bit mutated?

And I almost forgot, I can finally play as my favorite redeemed cultist with this expansion!! Yaaayyy!! ;)

---

6 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

If all we're getting is one new expansion per year... it may as well be.  No way will 3 scenarios per year be enough to hold people's interest.

Well... if we are getting technical - it's 5 scenarios for this year so far. [counting SoA already] Nobody said we could not get another DLC along the way. Doesn't have to happen, but it just might...

Honestly, waiting with no information at all is far worse.   --  I was pretty impatient in general when i was younger - and I would still say I'm not really a good example, but... I have learned to wait, to be more patient than I ever was before.

Will the game continue to be a success? - Only time can and will tell us.

To quote Julia (other thread), if it doesn't float your boat, it just doesn't.

Edited by Lorinor

I think each delux box needs to be supported by DLC scenarios, that preferably, tell a complete story.

or

A DLC  campaign, released once a year, or 4 standalone scenarios, every year.