Sign in to follow this  
derpVader

Resupply Incoming We have ordered a final limited print run of the Awakenings booster packs, arriving at retailers in June

Is there any update to this? The retailer up here in Canada is reporting they haven't heard anything about when they will be getting any product.

Has anyone heard anything?

If you have the means, I would suggest buying a box on ebay even though it's over retail. The two stores I frequent both told me the same thing: the print run is very limited. One store ordered 40 total boxes from 3 different distributors and is receiving only 6. One store was told by their distributor that they had to randomly decide which stores would get their product because they didn't have enough, and as a result that store is receiving none even after ordering 25. It's sucks, cause I want to support my local stores, but neither can promise any product and I don't want to miss out on Awakenings. Unless your store was lucky enough to get enough boxes that they are able to do preorders, I would buy wherever you find them.

Edited by KotasMilitia

Has anyone opened the rereleased boosters/boxes? Are the cards EXACTLY the SAME in every way (graphics, paper materials used, cutting, colors, edges) as the initially released ones?

I hope to hear from you soon guys! Your guess is appreciated, but I would like a response from a player who has actually opened the new boosters and had the chance to compare both cards!

The ones I opened are slightly cropped on the left, with the little box that contains the symbols for the dice sides not complete (the left edge of the box is cropped). Other than that, they're the same as far as I can tell. I'll double-check, but I don't think FFG left any way for collectors to tell which print run they're from.

OK, so I grabbed my Jango Fetts, since I know I had 1 from a few months ago and got another in my box this past weekend.  They look identical to me.  I can't see any difference.  Pretty sure they aren't treating this as a different print run for collector purposes.

1 hour ago, Xindell said:

OK, so I grabbed my Jango Fetts, since I know I had 1 from a few months ago and got another in my box this past weekend.  They look identical to me.  I can't see any difference.  Pretty sure they aren't treating this as a different print run for collector purposes.

6 hours ago, Kieransi said:

The ones I opened are slightly cropped on the left, with the little box that contains the symbols for the dice sides not complete (the left edge of the box is cropped). Other than that, they're the same as far as I can tell. I'll double-check, but I don't think FFG left any way for collectors to tell which print run they're from.

Thank you very much for taking the time to compare the cards guys! I was hoping that a subtle difference between the first release and the latest release was present (something like Alpha and Beta version of MTG), but oh well...

As a collector, I figured if I would like to collect more singles, I suppose it's best if I wait a while longer!

Thank you!

Here in Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada, store had 4 "pre-order" and received 4 boxes... I think people thought that there would be some for sale other than reservation. Little disapointment here.

Chak

1 hour ago, LTVeers said:

The Team Covenant Awakening boxes shipped yesterday. I haven't received mine yet (it is in transit), but expect to receive it in the next day or two.

Oh, do they usually get to your home that fast? Nice! This is the first time I've ordered from them. Glad to know I won't have to wait forever.

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Oh, do they usually get to your home that fast? Nice! This is the first time I've ordered from them. Glad to know I won't have to wait forever.

First time buyer with them as well, but the tracking update showed that they reached Houston (where I live) this evening, so I would be surprised if they don't arrive sometime tomorrow. They shipped priority, which is usually pretty fast.