gennataos

Show us your Rebel aces lists?

I've been trying to come up with some 3-ship, all PS9+ Rebel aces lists.  Ideally they'd end up around 97 points to give it a good bid against most lists.  There are no wrong answers here!  

Here's my first one.  I don't really have much of plan with this, they just fly all over creation and are like swatting gnats.

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Nien Nunb (1)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

If you want Ahsoka, give her Rey. Even if you are bumped / need to barrel roll / evade you can still use her ability. Also, EMP Device / Black Market Slicer tools make her even more of a nuisance.

11 minutes ago, Rojek said:

If you want Ahsoka, give her Rey. Even if you are bumped / need to barrel roll / evade you can still use her ability. Also, EMP Device / Black Market Slicer tools make her even more of a nuisance.

I usually put Rey on Ahsoka, but then that bumps the list up to 98 points, which becomes more of a gamble for the intiative bid.  I've considered dropping the Black One title on Poe, but it's so nice to have because people don't even bother putting a TL on him when he has it.  It's already a fairly weak list.  If it doesn't move last, then it'll stand no chance.  BMST is an option on Ahsoka.

Edited by gennataos

I have a couple that i use regularly, i normally don't count it as an Aces list if it involves a large base or a turret (i have numerous lists including Ghost/falcon/K wing)

LUCKY 7'S
97 points

43 points
• Etahn A’baht    E-Wing
 R2-D2     Veteran Instincts     Fire-Control System     Shield Upgrade
23 points
• Gemmer Sojan    A-Wing
 A-Wing Test Pilot     Chardaan Refit     Autothrusters     Veteran Instincts
31 points
• Jake Farrell    A-Wing
 A-Wing Test Pilot     Proton Rockets     Calculation     Autothrusters     Crack Shot

EAT ME!!
100 points

22 points
• Ahsoka Tano    Sabine's TIE Fighter
 Veteran Instincts     Sabine's Masterpiece     Captured TIE     Rey
48 points
• Corran Horn    E-Wing
 R5-P9     Fire-Control System     Expertise     Engine Upgrade
30 points
• Tycho Celchu    A-Wing
 A-Wing Test Pilot     Chardaan Refit     Rage     Autothrusters     Push the Limit

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

I've been trying to come up with some 3-ship, all PS9+ Rebel aces lists.  Ideally they'd end up around 97 points to give it a good bid against most lists.  There are no wrong answers here!  

Here's my first one.  I don't really have much of plan with this, they just fly all over creation and are like swatting gnats.

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Nien Nunb (1)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

That looks very much like the one that I ran last weekend (have you been nicking my lists, lol), except from the fact that I had no crew and a (totally unnecessary) 5 point initiative bid. It was fun, if fragile. I went 2-3 but two of those defeats were due to my either getting too clever with Poe/BB-8 shenanigans or forgetting to strip target locks.

I think when intensity comes out I will be swapping out PTL and Pattern Analyser for Intensity and Primed Thrusters as the ability to get an evade token on Poe could be really useful.

Also a leftfield option on Ahsoka could be saboteur. I know it's normally a rubbish upgrade but if she does not need her actions for evade or barrel rolls why not have a shot at turning an opponents hit to a crit.

2 minutes ago, J Viz said:

That looks very much like the one that I ran last weekend (have you been nicking my lists, lol), except from the fact that I had no crew and a (totally unnecessary) 5 point initiative bid. It was fun, if fragile. I went 2-3 but two of those defeats were due to my either getting too clever with Poe/BB-8 shenanigans or forgetting to strip target locks.

I think when intensity comes out I will be swapping out PTL and Pattern Analyser for Intensity and Primed Thrusters as the ability to get an evade token on Poe could be really useful.

Also a leftfield option on Ahsoka could be saboteur. I know it's normally a rubbish upgrade but if she does not need her actions for evade or barrel rolls why not have a shot at turning an opponents hit to a crit.

Hah, yeah, I think I was the one who suggested the ridiculous 5-point bid.  I was encouraged to see you did as well as you did!  If I had room for Saboteur, I'd probably just go with Rey.  Really, I think BMST is the way to go, I just have to proxy it until I can acquire one.

2 hours ago, gennataos said:

Hah, yeah, I think I was the one who suggested the ridiculous 5-point bid.  I was encouraged to see you did as well as you did!  If I had room for Saboteur, I'd probably just go with Rey.  Really, I think BMST is the way to go, I just have to proxy it until I can acquire one.

I'm referring to it as the 'fun' 5 point bid. I forgot saboteur was 2 points, thought it was just the one. I think saboteur is prob the best option then

When Intensity comes out, this'll be my attempt. Until then Poe has PTL and Pattern.

Poe Dameron

Intensity

BB-8

Primed Thrusters

Autothrusters

Black One

Snap Wexley

VI

Pattern Analyzer

R2-D2 (or R2 Astromech)

Vectored Thrusters

Ahsoka Tano

VI

Title

Rey

Captured Tie

On 6/21/2017 at 9:18 AM, gennataos said:

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Captured TIE (1)
Sabine's Masterpiece (1)

I flew this last night against x/7 Vessery, x/7 Ryad and PtL Inquisitor.  I liked it, despite losing in a close game at the end.  I knew facing that, I'd have to fly all over the place, dodging arcs and it'd probably go to time.  In the end, I lost Jake, my opponent lost the Inquisitor and he won by 2 points.  Ryad and Ahsoka were untouched, Poe down to 2 hull , Vessery down to 1 hull.  I didn't utilize Ahsoka very well...she never fired and I kept getting her bumped, so she rarely got to hand out actions.  I only used BMST once (on Soontir), and it didn't do anything.  

It's a fun list and I'll keep it on the back burner.  It's nice to see the entire field before even putting down a ship.  I don't know if Pattern Analyzer is the right choice on Poe over Primed Thrusters.  I found myself in a ton of situations where I couldn't use BB-8 and rarely pulled off any PA shenanigans.  Really, with BB-8, PT might be the right call.

i like this list, they fly like defenders

Porkins Belly run Special

Jek Porkins — X-Wing 26
Push the Limit 3
Flechette Torpedoes 2
R5-D8 3
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 34

Nien Nunb — T-70 X-Wing 29
Push the Limit 3
R3-A2 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Integrated Astromech 0
Black One 1
Ship Total: 37

"Hobbie" Klivian — X-Wing 25
Flechette Torpedoes 2
Targeting Astromech 2
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 29

1 hour ago, JcDemented said:

i like this list, they fly like defenders

Porkins Belly run Special

Jek Porkins — X-Wing 26
Push the Limit 3
Flechette Torpedoes 2
R5-D8 3
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 34

Nien Nunb — T-70 X-Wing 29
Push the Limit 3
R3-A2 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Integrated Astromech 0
Black One 1
Ship Total: 37

"Hobbie" Klivian — X-Wing 25
Flechette Torpedoes 2
Targeting Astromech 2
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 29

I like the idea of the list, but I'm looking for stuff which has PS9+ for every ship.