Jump to content
Iylankano

Nobody else noticed the new FAQ yet.....

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I like how you make it out that it was you against the community. Doesn't quite fit, but oh well.

If you're trying to say it wasn't the whole community against me yes. Thank you. I appreciated that. I mean here to call out the apologists. 

If you mean to also say you had similar beliefs about game balance, I thank you for that too and your thoughts on the matter. 

It could also be said I'd thank the community members who didn't simply begin with condescending dismissal and truisms and trying to smother discussion and not being absolutely insulting to me from the get go. But I don't think I need to thank people for thinking and testing for themselves and simple courtesy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RogueCommander said:

Love all the changes.

 

surely, a big part of rhymes nerf had to do with Sloane?

Oh for sure. People were already having wet dreams of massive tie balls with rhymer flying around blessing them with medium range

I think for skilled Rhymer players this is a minor change that won't be tremendously huge. Most good Rhymer players are masters of ball placement anyways and shuttles made this all too easy.

Reeikan nerf is great. It very specifically addresses things like Aceholes without pitching the whole commander in the garbage. As a reeikan-crutch player now you need to choose if you bring all those unique non-ace squadrons and also how you play them. A well timed and placed squadron alpha can "use up" reeikan and leave a ship open to insta-gib (preferably the one carrying reeikan, now that he isn't in a corner in a transport). It keeps the archetype viable but raises the skill cap to keep it so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ok with all of this, though I hope it's not going to become an annual occurrence of mega nerf. Nothing seems overly nerfed. Even Rieekan will still be useful(specifically against single striker fleets that only can take down a ship or two a turn). I'm a little sad about Rhymer but I think we'll all be ok. Demo doesn't bother me at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hastatior said:

Oh for sure. People were already having wet dreams of massive tie balls with rhymer flying around blessing them with medium range

I think for skilled Rhymer players this is a minor change that won't be tremendously huge. Most good Rhymer players are masters of ball placement anyways and shuttles made this all too easy.

Reeikan nerf is great. It very specifically addresses things like Aceholes without pitching the whole commander in the garbage. As a reeikan-crutch player now you need to choose if you bring all those unique non-ace squadrons and also how you play them. A well timed and placed squadron alpha can "use up" reeikan and leave a ship open to insta-gib (preferably the one carrying reeikan, now that he isn't in a corner in a transport). It keeps the archetype viable but raises the skill cap to keep it so.

Yup.

"Oh Jan just died to my interceptors and Saber?" 

"Oh are you gonna save her, or that stinking Yavaris that is being faced down by my [insert ship here]?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaribbeanNinja said:

Yup.

"Oh Jan just died to my interceptors and Saber?" 

"Oh are you gonna save her, or that stinking Yavaris that is being faced down by my [insert ship here]?"

Keep in mind it's a "when"

You don't choose.

First thing that dies and is unique triggers him now. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hastatior said:

Keep in mind it's a "when"

You don't choose.

First thing that dies and is unique triggers him now. Period.

Good catch...kill the squadron before killing Yavaris!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

Not mine - I mean, Needa-ISDs, Arquitens and Nebulon-Bs were often only TRCing once per round, anyway.

Im a big fan of TRC corvettes, with Cracken they have speed and agility, sort of 'toughness' in red range, and solid damage output. I'm a man who rolls blanks constantly, this card was a bliss for me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My $0.02 in rank order.

 

  1. Rhymer: a pre-emptive wave 6 change that likely has a lot to do with Sloane+mass Tie Fighters. 
  2. Flotillas: places more importance on non-flotilla capital ships. It also effectively means you can ignore flotillas as they carry very little inherent value.
  3. Demo: greatly reduces Demo's survivability due to a decrease in threat range. Demo now needs to start in red range instead of outside red range (pre-FAQ).
  4. TRC: slight damage reduction for people who can double-arc
  5. BCC: double BCC was not really optimal (one is perfectly adequate, two is getting greedy)
  6. Rieekan: no change for skilled players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hastatior said:

Keep in mind it's a "when"

You don't choose.

First thing that dies and is unique triggers him now. Period.

Is that true? Every other upgrade is a "your choice when it occurs" and if i don't want to keep Jan alive to save my Yavaris i think im ok....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...