Klawtu

Why is your clan so awesome?

The scorpion clan are the only ones who accept the world for what it is, and we will do whatever we have, to save the empire. 

(Most clans will say they will, but wont do it if it could impugn their honor. That means they will not do the things we do, for the good of the empire.)

Imagine the mafia and the ninjas all working together to make the empire a better place. (if the ninja were real...)

Mantis is clearly the best, as evidenced by the fact that simply considering removing us from the game caused the entire CCG to come to an end.  (FFG, take note.)  As for what made us awesome, we had tons of archers, and they were the best of the best!

Though, I haven't yet picked a substitute clan to play until the Mantis get re-released, so it'll be interesting to follow this thread and see which clans can make the best arguments.

15 minutes ago, Shosuro Nasunaka said:

The scorpion clan are the only ones who accept the world for what it is, and we will do whatever we have, to save the empire. 

(Most clans will say they will, but wont do it if it could impugn their honor. That means they will not do the things we do, for the good of the empire.)

Imagine the mafia and the ninjas all working together to make the empire a better place. (if the ninja were real...)

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Mantis is clearly the best, as evidenced by the fact that simply considering removing us from the game caused the entire CCG to come to an end.  (FFG, take note.)  As for what made us awesome, we had tons of archers, and they were the best of the best!

Though, I haven't yet picked a substitute clan to play until the Mantis get re-released, so it'll be interesting to follow this thread and see which clans can make the best arguments.

To paraphrase;

'Let them come to the Wall, and we will see  who are the true sons of Osano-wo.'

:)

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi

19 minutes ago, Shosuro Nasunaka said:

The Crab put their koku where their mouth is on a daily basis when it comes to protecting and saving the Empire. We are the Wall!

1 minute ago, Yogo Gohei said:

<cough> Kisada's alliance with the shadowlands </cough>

1 minute ago, Shosuro Nasunaka said:

We know the Crab will throw their weapons and lives at the enemy. Will they throw their honor and the honor of their family away to save the empire?

I didn't think so.

Kisada did it to save the Empire from a weak Emperor. That absolutely put his honor, family, and clan at risk.

9 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

'Let them come to the Wall, and we will see  who are the true sons of Osano-wo.'

If I recall it well, the last time the Mantis was around the Wall (in Old5R) they spearheaded an Imperial expedition into the heart of the place and came back with more samurai than they had left with (and a revived Emperor too). I guess this challenge lost its edge right there :D

2 minutes ago, AtoMaki said:

If I recall it well, the last time the Mantis was around the Wall (in Old5R) they spearheaded an Imperial expedition into the heart of the place and came back with more samurai than they had left with (and a revived Emperor too). I guess this challenge lost its edge right there :D

at least Yoriitomo didnt come back,:P

1 minute ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Hush you.

Its funny, The scorps are the only clan that can lose a battle, and then say 'No no I MEANT to lose.'. suuurre you did:P

It isn't that we "meant" to lose, it's that we set up circumstances that we come out ahead whether we win or lose.

We don't (usually) intend to lose, we are just experts at making it look like we did.

Just now, Yogo Gohei said:

It isn't that we "meant" to lose, it's that we set up circumstances that we come out ahead whether we win or lose.

We don't (usually) intend to lose, we are just experts at making it look like we did.

I seem to remember you guys losing quite a bit in the olden days.:P

but we love you anyway.

9 hours ago, Zalari said:

Our Champions carry within them the Soul of Shiba which contains the souls, knowledge and experience of every previous Champion going back to the Kami Shiba himself. And once a Champion dies, the Soul of Shiba chooses to reincarnate inside the right successor, based on the whole of who that person is and not necessarily on their birth position or their battle achievements. This makes all the Shiba Champions special, but keeps each one of them different and human.

Our Champion does not need to carry a soul other than his own, as he is a Kami.

1 minute ago, Yogo Gohei said:

Scorpion seamlessly retcon real life events.

I'm just hoping Tsuruchi shows up sometime soon.  Maybe he'll even join some other clan this time around, and make my decision that much easier.

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm just hoping Tsuruchi shows up sometime soon.  Maybe he'll even join some other clan this time around, and make my decision that much easier.

I have this strange feeling that the Wasp will be already a thing by the time they show up, and Tsuruchi's story will be shifted back a few hundred years. The same thing will probably happen with the Monkey and the Bat to double down on Great Clan numbers (14 Minor Clans for the 7 Great Clans). 

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Scorpion seamlessly retcon real life events.

Well, unless they alter his backstory, the Lion and Scorpion both hate him. So you are down tp 5 choices.:)

2 hours ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

I'm would never call Yakamo  perfect.

I simply found Hitomi ENTIRELY unlikeable, and unsympathetic.

Satsu's wife should have kept her tounge behind her teeth:P

We will see if they can move Hitomi beyond 'the dark side of revenge' cliche'.

That comment about Satsu's wife is...eh, forget it. You don't seem to like a lot of women in the setting.

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan

1 minute ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Your attitudes towards women seem rather iffy, at best.

Old5R character writing tanked even more than usual when it came to female characters, so I don't blame him ;)

17 hours ago, shosuko said:

I would love to say the Scorpion are the best in the empire, but that would be a lie.  Lies are unbecoming, and divisive.  Instead I'd say just choose any clan that isn't Crane.  Crane are a superficial clan with a flawed philosophy.  You may win with a Crane deck because they are OP, but no one will respect you for it.  They have a long standing history of winning by quick honor rush decks that have little engagement in the game, and the stigma isn't likely to fade.  There are some interesting characters in the Crane but ultimately they are flat an unimpressive.

The Lion have the fued between Akodo Toturi, and Matsu Tsuko to enjoy.  You will be able to field tactical abilities, as well as swarming strength in numbers easier than other clans.  The Crab have the wall to defend, and the most versatile of all clans for resources to play with.  Strong characters, strong fortifications, and a resolution to fight or die like no other Samurai.  The Phoenix and Dragon both have unique ways of mysticism that let you control the conflicts in MIL and POL equally well.  Unicorn have the Utaku which have always been an awesome point in game and in fiction - A full regiment of women who are trained to ride over their opponents and deal death where they see it deserved.

Scorpion are cool too, don't get me wrong - but you'd know if you wanted to play them.  We know it before we know the game...

Crane is the one clan that I have absolutely zero interest in playing.

I came to this game for the samurai, not the politicians :P.

Even Scorpion have ninjas!

5 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Its not gender bias.:P

I edited it, but I think there's always been an element of gender bias to the whole "Hitomi is an eeeevil beyotvh no matter what, but Yakamo is a cool heroic guy!" thing. 

When Ree Soesbee was reading the Hitomi Order's part in the Battle of Volturnum (At GenCon, 2003 iirc), at least a dozen men booed, shouted, and called not only Hitomi but also Ree herself some very nasty things. 

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan

3 minutes ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

Crane is the one clan that I have absolutely zero interest in playing.

I came to this game for the samurai, not the politicians :P.

Even Scorpion have ninjas!

And Crane have the 'Iron Crane' Daidoji, and some other very capable warriors.

The Crane have often annoyed me, but let's not pretend they are 100% 'politicians'.