FlashBackJack

FFG please provide a diagrams

Hey FFG 

Since we all love modding or repainting your ship models 
would it please be possible to for you provide diagrams of how the ships are built / assembled 
I'm sure you have them just lying around in the office and apart from history not much use to anyone after that 
simple exploded model diagrams would be nice
but i and i'm sure many other people would like this to happen 
it would really help out, so we don't have to blindly cut up ships to mod them 

thanks in advance for any help you can provide 
regards
FBJ

Sadly, I doubt this would ever happen, but there are plenty of disassembly tutorials around, and people can probably point you to them for any given ship if you ask.

Indeed, it would be a great idea for the community to source disassembly tutorials and create a master thread of them.  Anyone up for it?  I can do the Decimator, I've a disassembled one at home.

I go through the Gozanti, Raider, GR-75, CR-90 (in the thread linked in the first post... why did they have to get rid of and then bring back the painting forums), Ghost, Shadow Caster and Phantom in my thread: 

Apparently I didn't take any WIP pictures of the Decimator, but it was relatively straight forward - just realize the front wings are just one piece, so it's only the center section that comes apart (and it comes apart from the bottom not the top).  If you have any specific questions about any of those let me know, I'd be happy to answer.  

Edit: Oh, and I have a video up on YouTube tearing apart a YT-1300 (link also in my thread, or you can just search for YT-1300 LED mod or LEDhangar).

Edited by Khyros

The only difficulty I had with the Deci was that the docking port sections on the outside edges of the wings are REALLY solidly clipped and glued together.  Even when I've just press fit it back together it's still non-trivial to pop them apart, and it took quite a lot of time and scary amounts of leverage to break the bonds initially.

1 hour ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Diagrams from FFG would take the fun out of dismantling ships...it's an anti-puzzle

Not as much room the VT-49 as I thought there would be...

I'm not sure how much you were expecting... the wings were never going to be hollow.  There's not a lot of room in the docking port areas though, but the main body is hollow and proobably 3/4 of an inch deep under the dome, so there should be loads of room for wiring.

8 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

looks like enough room to operate.

But the dream of doing fiber optic accents along the edges may be a little sketchy. I think I`ll figure something out.

Yeah that's a tough ask unless you've got a very long, very fine drill bit and a LOT of patience...