Snipafist

Cannot Get Your Ship Out 6/19 to 6/25

Nice write up.

Something I noticed about Director Isard is that she works when you reveal a command, but the card isn't exhausted. This should mean that if you have the same number of ships (or more) than your opponent that you should be able to see all command stacks by the end of the turn. For some reason I'd always thought it was a single use per turn.

Assuming that there aren't any single command ships that have activated before you get to have a peak that is.

Edited by Artifixprime

Just now, Artifixprime said:

Nice write up.

Something I noticed about Director Isard is that she works when you reveal a command, but the card isn't exhausted. This should mean that if you have the same number of ships (or more) than your opponent that you should be able to see all command stacks by the end of the turn.

Assuming that there aren't any single command ships that have activated before you get to have a peak that is.

Director Isard's "you" refers to her ship (as all "you" on upgrade cards does, which can be kind of confusing) so it is a once a turn peek, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, geek19 said:

and the updates FROM the FAQ to different articles

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/06/quick-updates-from-faq.html

This needs to be liked more.

In my experience, this is rarely done, and leads to so many problems as a game moves forwards.

Thus, you cement yourselves in my eyes, rather than just purveyors of our great game, but paragons of rules-virtue.

5 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

In my experience, this is rarely done, and leads to so many problems as a game moves forwards.

Thus, you cement yourselves in my eyes, rather than just purveyors of our great game, but paragons of rules-virtue.

Aw you're making me blush, you flatterer, you.

Just now, Drasnighta said:

I'd rather be a Gallant Haven of rules-virtue, but thanks! The Rieekan article is a little vague (as I look back, and all, from when we first started), but right now I did not want to rewrite an entire Commander's article because of the FAQ.  It's going to need to be, soon enough, I think, but for a vague sense of "here's how to play this guy, here's how to beat him" it's alright enough.  I will likely go back and edit more of this as time goes on and we see what develops from the FAQ and if Rieekan Aces still is playable at all.  With Rieekan having to be on the Yavaris or the Pelta, well..... it's a much more dangerous choice I think.

5 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I've heard of people trying him on an LMC80, too, but like I said, you want it on a ship that's not going to be attacked REPEATEDLY.  Fun interaction with him and Bright Hope: if you can find a way to reduce damage down to zero, crit effects do not get to happen.  If the front arc of an MC30 rolls only a single black hit and crit (and NO OTHER DAMAGE), Bright Hope reduces it by one and Derlin removes the other, meaning they did no damage, don't get the crit, and don't get to force you to spend your defense tokens.

Simply not true, I'm afraid.

Critical Effects happen before you even TOTAL the Damage.

So we roll dice, and I end up with a Black Hit/Crit.

You don't have a scatter, and we're at close range.

So now we get to the Damage Step.

IMMEDIATELY, I trigger APTs.  I do a Face-up Damage card.

NOW we calculate Damage.

- I have one hit, and one crit.  Bright Hope reduces that by 1, and Derlin by 1, for 0 damage.

But the Critical Effect Totally went off before we even LOOKED at that.

- They remove Damage, they do not remove Dice or Symbolos.

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Simply not true, I'm afraid.

Critical Effects happen before you even TOTAL the Damage.

So we roll dice, and I end up with a Black Hit/Crit.

You don't have a scatter, and we're at close range.

So now we get to the Damage Step.

IMMEDIATELY, I trigger APTs.  I do a Face-up Damage card.

NOW we calculate Damage.

- I have one hit, and one crit.  Bright Hope reduces that by 1, and Derlin by 1, for 0 damage.

But the Critical Effect Totally went off before we even LOOKED at that.

- They remove Damage, they do not remove Dice or Symbolos.

Boo, i had been misinformed then.  I've adjusted the article.

Edited by geek19
Finished the fix

Technically, the Default Critical Effect won't happen - because a Damage card is never Dealt...  So you could argue its Technically Correct in that circumstance...  But its also the same if you reduced the Damage to 1 and then hit a Shield. :)

But Critical Effects are the very first part of Deal Damage...  That's before you've even "counted" the Hit and Crit Symbols and turned them into a Damage number that could be halved by brace, for example...  

12 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Technically, the Default Critical Effect won't happen - because a Damage card is never Dealt...  So you could argue its Technically Correct in that circumstance...  But its also the same if you reduced the Damage to 1 and then hit a Shield. :)

But Critical Effects are the very first part of Deal Damage...  That's before you've even "counted" the Hit and Crit Symbols and turned them into a Damage number that could be halved by brace, for example...  

Yeah, in that case i have very little reason to put him on anything besides a Mothma Foresight.  To be fair, it's 15 points of "f*** you" that shrug off SO much damage...

Just now, geek19 said:

Yeah, in that case i have very little reason to put him on anything besides a Mothma Foresight.  To be fair, it's 15 points of "f*** you" that shrug off SO much damage...

Yep.  1 Damage reduction is nice, but its expensive in both actual points and slot.  I find its 7 points to mitigate a 9 point TIE Bomber about 2/3rds of the time.  The other third, its a double anyway, and they're still getting a face -up.  Dammit.

Just now, Drasnighta said:

Yep.  1 Damage reduction is nice, but its expensive in both actual points and slot.  I find its 7 points to mitigate a 9 point TIE Bomber about 2/3rds of the time.  The other third, its a double anyway, and they're still getting a face -up.  Dammit.

Ah, that was the OLD way, when BCC stacked.  The Before Times, we call it.  When Rieekan fleets ruled the land as far as the eye could see!

Just now, geek19 said:

Ah, that was the OLD way, when BCC stacked.  The Before Times, we call it.  When Rieekan fleets ruled the land as far as the eye could see!

No, its still a part and parcel of being Statistically Abysmal.  For every bad die roll I make, my opponent gets a Good one.

I mean, ask SkyCake - he'll comment - even when i'm having a day where my Dice-rolls are perfectly average, against him, he'll be Over-the-Top Hot.  

"Once per round, when a friendly ship or friendly unique squadron is destroyed, it remains in the play area and is treated as if it was not destroyed until the end of the Status Phase."

Basically, does it say you can choose WHICH ship or Ace for his ability to be used on for the round?

I noticed it doesn't say "when the first friendly ship or friendly unique squadron is..."

4 minutes ago, Alexhurlbut said:

Basically, does it say you can choose WHICH ship or Ace for his ability to be used on for the round?

I noticed it doesn't say "when the first friendly ship or friendly unique squadron is..."

You can choose.