Flaren48

Light Scyk Sunny Bounder

I love Sunny Bounder, I'm running her in a new squad. I'm in the camp of her ability working if I choose to reroll zero with my other dice already showing matching results to then get an extra result.

But my favorite part about Sunny Bounder? Watching her get the killing blow on RAC, range 1, 3 natural hits into 4 hits using her ability, with RAC dropped to PS 0 from Torkil Mux.

Edited by Innese

26 minutes ago, Rakky Wistol said:

I remember Mux!  I should probably mess with some Scum HWKs again. 

I've got a list that run both Mux & Palob alongside Quinn Jast & Sunny Bounder. Its a ton of fun to fly, and pretty punchy for a list consisting of 2 Scyks & 2 HWKs.

14 minutes ago, Rakky Wistol said:

How did it go?  Try any of the new stuff with them?

Had sunny bounder.  Full list was:

4lom - adaptability (to be able to match palob if I want palob to shoot first), fcs, zuckuss, slicer tools, title, tractor
Palob - trick shot, tlt, tactician, slicer tools
Torkil - ion turret, tactician, slicer tools
Sunny - light scyk

Went 3-1 (missed the cut due to terrible MoV, but was planning to drop even if I made it since I've already won one and by dropping I could be home in time to help with bedtime).  I coul dhave won the first round too probably if I hadn't flown the approach horribly (first orund of combat torkil at range 3 of his whole list).  Torkil died there.  Next round, 4lom takes a range 1 shot from braylen, who rolls 1 crit.  I of course get the natural evade, letting him gunner into 3 hits and a crit.  4lom died that round.  I still managed to kill biggs and rex and had braylen low.  If I'd approached right to get torkil into rnge 1-2 round (and subsequently hjave everyone in range to shoot biggs) I'd have been way better off.  Might have ioned someone, would have had a stress or 2 out on ships to not be able to k-turn the following round, etc.

On 2017-06-20 at 10:45 AM, dotswarlock said:

If you want to add something to your spreadsheet, check this out.

- Sunny acquires a target on the defender, but can't shoot that turn

- Next turn, sunny acquires a focus and fires: hit, focus.

- Use the focus to transform into 2 hits, use the target lock to reroll 0 dice, add a third hit because of Sunny's ability

:)

It's when roll OR reroll; why used the TL to reroll zero dice ?

41 minutes ago, PoorGreedo said:

It's when roll OR reroll; why used the TL to reroll zero dice ?

In the example that I gave:

- Roll: hit and focus: does not satisfy Sunny's condition

- Spend focus: ending with 2 hits: but Sunny's ability does not trigger after spending a focus

- Spend target lock to reroll 0 dice: trigger Sunny's ability and since you have 2 hits, add a third.

This all hinges of course on Sunny triggering after rerolling zero dice, which could go either way, quite frankly.  I submitted the question to FFG, so I'll find out eventually and post it in the rules subforum.

15 hours ago, dotswarlock said:

In the example that I gave:

- Roll: hit and focus: does not satisfy Sunny's condition

- Spend focus: ending with 2 hits: but Sunny's ability does not trigger after spending a focus

- Spend target lock to reroll 0 dice: trigger Sunny's ability and since you have 2 hits, add a third.

This all hinges of course on Sunny triggering after rerolling zero dice, which could go either way, quite frankly.  I submitted the question to FFG, so I'll find out eventually and post it in the rules subforum.

Ohhh I missed that. Thanks for explaining!